Next Gaffer?

Infamous Wee Grafter

Its all getting feckin boring now, just wish the club would announce who it is then the usual suspects can get ripped into him about how bad a manager he is. Much more entertaining than the latest odds on a random collection of unemployed managers. :nod:

Better no be Di Canio then. He will personally track us all down and demand a square go

Valakari is being talked up and on face value he seems to be doing a good job but there has been significant financial investment in the team so i would assume that the standard of players he has are head and shoulders above the rest of the league, that makes his job easier in the respect that the team never gets seriously challenged, so he does not have to react to it etc. A bit like Sally in charge of sevco when they strolled through leagues 1 & 2, would you class that as a great managerial feat?

I am not knocking Valakari as i have no doubt that he probably has a good future as a manager/coach ahead of him but at this time i don't think he is what we need at Fir Park

If they're that good and head and shoulders above why don't we take 1 or 2 players from his team

Further to the open interview conducted on Sportsound, see the following link to another interview with Kenny Sheils where he plugs himself more for the job. Go to minute 35 onwards for the Motherwell chat. He says he would join Mixu as assistant if he was asked.

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/podcast/burst-baw-scottish-football/id1003803003?mt=2&i=354338751

Strachan's been more deluded than Baraclough in recent press conferences.

Hopefully we make an appointment over the weekend in preparation for the Celtic game. He's not everyone's cup of tea and he doesn't appear to be in the frame but I'd be sounding out McNamara.

Things went sour in his last 9 months at Tannadice but he has a record of giving young players the opportunity to develop and has a more than decent record in the cups.

Strachan's been more deluded than Baraclough in recent press conferences.

Hopefully we make an appointment over the weekend in preparation for the Celtic game. He's not everyone's cup of tea and he doesn't appear to be in the frame but I'd be sounding out McNamara.

Things went sour in his last 9 months at Tannadice but he has a record of giving young players the opportunity to develop and has a more than decent record in the cups.

Agree about Strachan.

McNamara - no thanks. Don't overlook the fact that although United lost 4 top players they should still have had more than enough in the squad to avoid the bottom 2 places. They have the 3rd highest playing budget in the Premiership and that isn't being reflected in performances.