Next Gaffer?

Infamous Wee Grafter

I loved that u16s World Cup and still feel the sense of injustice in that Saudi team getting away wi murder.

Does anybody remember fan favourite Wullie Broon that played for Ghana????

Leaving that to one side.....if I were to put money on Dickov getting the job, it'd be my most resented winnings in living history....a bit like betting on the accies cuffing us again.

I really really don't want Paul Dickov to be our next manager.....if he is, it is a true indication of the poor state our club is in.

He seems a really nice bloke who would be brave enough to challenge the dressing room like he did when he first went to Oldham. But Dickovs managerial record can only be best described as poor.

Low table insignificance with Oldham and a relegation with Doncaster with only one cup upset and a keen desire to develop youth to try and counter that.

A quick google search tells all.

http://m.doncasterfreepress.co.uk/sport/doncaster-rovers/rovers-news/fans-forum-dickov-s-luck-ran-out-mike-follows-1-7457642

http://m.doncasterfreepress.co.uk/sport/doncaster-rovers/rovers-news/fans-forum-squad-depth-a-major-concern-wes-grimes-1-7429127

However comes in, needs to make similar impacts to that of McGhee and Brown.

McGhee would be forgiven IMO if he took the reins and cut out all the touting for other jobs.

However, I'll wait patiently in the hope we pick wisely and don't compound our last mistake! That would be fatal to the club across the board.

Pick well and best wishes to the new manager.

P.S. Any applicant should be shown the door pronto, if ANY buzzwords re Ian Baraclough are quoted in any part of discussion.

I don't know why so many people rate, or would want a caracter like Brown. He only appeared half decent based on what he followed but we didn't move on with him and were in the same position when he left as when he came. A despicable man who was worse than McGhee when it came to tarting himself around. At least you could argue McGhee was at a stage in his career where it was a reasonable attitude to look for a "bigger" club and ones he had some affiliation with. Brown did NOTHING for Motherwell. I'd rather have an ambitious manager who tried something than a pathetic steadying of ship whose only aspiration is to avoid relegation.

I don't know why so many people rate, or would want a caracter like Brown. He only appeared half decent based on what he followed but we didn't move on with him and were in the same position when he left as when he came. A despicable man who was worse than McGhee when it came to tarting himself around. At least you could argue McGhee was at a stage in his career where it was a reasonable attitude to look for a "bigger" club and ones he had some affiliation with. Brown did NOTHING for Motherwell. I'd rather have an ambitious manager who tried something than a pathetic steadying of ship whose only aspiration is to avoid relegation.

To be fair Auld Broon steadied the ship after the departure of Jim"Vauxhall " Gannon

I disagree with a lot of that purestate. Brown did excellently with the team he inherited. Stabilising a side on the verge of plummeting down the table and eventually securing a European place.

The following season he took us to within a bawhair of the Europa League group stages and we were still in the top four or five and in the League Cup semis when he left.

Now don't get me wrong. I'm not sure he would have done anything much to develop youth in the longer term and the way he left is deserving of any and all abuse that came his way.

To be suggest he did NOTHING during his time with us is frankly pish.

• Like 4

Darren Randolph..
  • Like 1

Two things are becoming very clear from this thread:

1. No one has a clue who the next manager will be.

2. Whoever is appointed, even before his very first game in charge, a section of the 'support' will already have said "No thanks" or "Not for me" and will have decided he is doomed to fail.

• Like 1

Two things are becoming very clear from this thread:

1. No one has a clue who the next manager will be.

2. Whoever is appointed, even before his very first game in charge, a section of the 'support' will already have said "No thanks" or "Not for me" and will have decided he is doomed to fail.

3. We have virtually the same thread talking about virtually the same people every time we're looking for a manager.