Next Gaffer?

Infamous Wee Grafter

Or Pearson, or McDonald? Fitba' fans are a fickle bunch. A few wins under McGhee and he'll win the doubters over. It's how it works.

Actually...on the Leitch thing.

He jumped ship as much as McGhee did... How come we werent up in arms about him returning when he did?

Silence from the club on the speculation so far is deafening

Eh? What is it with some people demanding statements and the like from the club at every turn? Why would they comment on speculation? When there's something to tell, I'm sure you'll hear all about it.

As Desp said, all the folk who ain't goin back as McGhee is in the job. Will you stay away if he wins 4or 5 on the trot?

If he wins four or five on the trot we'll probably start hearing about how he's a wanted man by the likes of Hearts, and in true McGhee fashion he'll do fuck all to dispel those rumours.

• Like 1

As Desp said, all the folk who ain't goin back as McGhee is in the job. Will you stay away if he wins 4or 5 on the trot?

Aye. They'll be in mcarthur Glen if we get to the cup final as well. #nogoingback #ireallymeanitthistime

happy with McGhee. We will be fitter and better organised (not hard though). Hopefully he realises this is where he can best perform and sees this as his last job, he can also develop a succession plan around Craggs/Las/Leitch.

Also if he can turn Steve McGarry into a passable player he can turn Taylor into a world beater ( :spiteful: )

I would be happy with McGhee. He has experience and will command a lot more respect in the dressing room that Baraclough did. Won't have the benefit of a pre-season this time round, but if he can get our current mob playing anywhere near the way he got the Malpas team to play then that'll be great.

I think we've got the ingredients for a good SPFL Premiership side. Just need someone to get the best out the squad and I think McGhee can do that.

If he wins four or five on the trot we'll probably start hearing about how he's a wanted man by the likes of Hearts, and in true McGhee fashion he'll do fuck all to dispel those rumours.

So what does a manager or player do in that scenario?

Come out publicly and say you're loyal to the club, you're flattered by the interest shown etc and then, move to said other club .... you're a dick!

Say nothing publicly and allow the press to hypothesise and fans to fret aaaaand.....you're a dick!!!!!

Nobody should ever say never and given that we the fans are without knowledge of the real events surrounding his departure, we are not in a position to truly cast an informed opinion on whether mark McGhee was in the right or wrong!

Like I said on an earlier post, I've not heard anyone complaining about Simo whoring himself out for the job? That story had to come from somewhere and given how tight lipped our club has been throughout this entire process, it wasn't from Lanarkshire.

So far as I'm concerned, mark McGhee is not the sort of bloke I'd want to go for a pint with, but given the squad we've got, he's the right man for the job!

• Like 1

Why did we even bother flying out to speak to Valakari? Surely we didn't expect him to jump ship so close to the end of their season.

Did we actually go and speak to him though or was it just a rumour on this board and didn't actually happen? I'd prefer Valakari myself.