Next Gaffer?

Infamous Wee Grafter

[quote name="BigWeegieDosser" post="456089" timestamp="1444764425

.........,,All this guff about giving it a miss because of some spurious dislike of some aspect of the team/ manager/ owner/ temperature of the bovril/ quality of kit- does my tits in.....

Come On Ye 'Well !

What about paint on the steps? Is that a deal breaker for you or does that not bother you also?

• Like 1

Pleased with the appointment, he is exactly what the club need right now to get us back on track and aiming for the top half of the table. He has a chance to make an instant impact against Celtic on Saturday, although i suspect whether we win lose or draw, the usual moaning faced Bar stewards will find some fault with him. It will be nice to get back to discussing the footie again.

i'm not overlly chuffed mcghee is back but from the club's point of view i think we have done the right thing and limited the risk and gone for experience as we simply couldn't afford to fuck this appointment up.at the end of the day its about results and if he can get us moving up the table as well as playing some decent football then that's all that matters.

Let's hope more than me decides to live with it by refusing to put money into the club in the future then, eh? An already dwindling support which will dwindle further after this appointment hopefully.

One of the worst posts I've ever seen on here bar none, and believe me, that takes some doing. What's more important to you Dave, your misguided sense of pride or the clubs survival? Shocking patter by anyone's standard. Not blown away by the appointment myself but coming round to the idea. To wish to see the demise of your club, and believe me, that's what will happen, makes me sick. The moderator needs moderating.

• Like 6

Accounting for my obvious dislike of McGhee, I was still disappointed by the tone of the press conference. In addition, Motherwell should have ensured there were no questions about his 2nd job.

My interest in Motherwell will now be restrained to the 90 mins on the park.

Suspect Robinson is on his way out after guiding his country to he Euro's while we bring in someone who contributed to an 'embarrassing' failure for Scotland.

If Robinson is so good he guided his country to the Euros, why couldn't he guide his domestic team up the table?

I'd have liked a manager who could build a team, and believes that Motherwell is something other than a stopgap till something better comes along, if McGhee is successful then he will be linked again to Celtic if he flops then no one will bother bar the folk on here. And we'll be back looking for a new manager next year

If he is successful, then that means Motherwell are successful, which is what we (well most of us at any rate) want. Or would you rather our managers were unsuccessful so we can sack them and they dont move on to another job?

Accounting for my obvious dislike of McGhee, I was still disappointed by the tone of the press conference. In addition, Motherwell should have ensured there were no questions about his 2nd job.

My interest in Motherwell will now be restrained to the 90 mins on the park.

Suspect Robinson is on his way out after guiding his country to he Euro's while we bring in someone who contributed to an 'embarrassing' failure for Scotland.

Ah yes press censorship that's the way forward.

Let's hope more than me decides to live with it by refusing to put money into the club in the then, eh? An already dwindling support which will dwindle further after this appointment hopefully.

What a shocking comment. Hoping your club suffers.

Supposed to me a moderator of a supporters site?

Get a grip of yerself.

Regardless who the manager is. Support the team and club.

• Like 3

McGhee most certainly wouldn't have been my pick for the hot seat. His last spell would be best described as a 'mixed bag'...he originally got us fit, at a time where we were reeling from Maurice fucking Malpas, and playing tremendous fitba' in his 1st season, he handled the tragedy of Phils passing, with great dignity and compassion. However, his arrogance and his obvious feeling that Motherwell was beneath him was apparent almost from the get-go, and the whoring about of himself to Hearts, Scotland, Aberdeen and Celtic was nauseous and totally disrespectful. His 2nd season in charge was very poor in comparison to that of his 1st, with a few dubious signings made as well.

I was there at Pittodrie the day he got slaughtered by a larger than normal away support, he got abused for 90 minutes from a Motherwell support who believed they had been disrespected.

Now, I've stuck up for Alan Burrows before, but I do wonder what his influence over this appointment would be...McGhee after all was the man who gave him his 'in' to work at the Club originally.

Unfortunately he doesn't have a pre-season to sort us out, he also doesn't have players like McCormick to run riot on his behalf

I'm surprised the Club has gone down this road to be honest as it had the potential to split the support in a big way, however the folk who are 'handing season tickets back' or declaring 'ah'll no be back', can fuck right off in my opinion. McGhee isnae really a paedophile...

• Like 1

Robinson situation is strange. In his first spell I remember McGhee making a big play on he didn't believe in removing people from their jobs just to suit his own choice hence why leitch was kept on as assistant

If he's consistent with that train of thought then Robinson should remain

An older head with experience was what I wanted, I got that but my gut feeling is we have someone to give us another year in the spl next year but someone with the ambition to build a club around youth academy's and developing players over a 2-3yr plan. I fear we do not have

Stop gap hole filled comes to mind, in some ways possibly a harsh statement but lazy appointment I feel

• Like 1

Has David stopped greetin' yet? Absolute roaster.

Summer of 2009 - our manager left us a mid table side, in Europe, and with a blank canvas for the new manager to build his own squad. Furthermore, he brought in close to £1m in transfer fees from David Clarkson and Paul Quinn.

Autumn of 2014 - our manager walks out us hurtling towards relegation, not long after being put out off Europe by part timers, with stalwarts such as Dan Twardzik, Paul Lawson and Craig Reid.

Who left us in a 'state' again?

Let's hope more than me decides to live with it by refusing to put money into the club in the future then, eh? An already dwindling support which will dwindle further after this appointment hopefully.

Get a hod of yourself man. This is the worst comment I've read on here, and that's saying something

• Like 2