Next Gaffer?

Infamous Wee Grafter

any descent Scottish manager that Motherwell can afford is in a job

It will either be a first time manager or someone from England or Europe

I'd like to see Paul Lambert in the job but that's just sentimentally

I don't want the Well to go back to a old manager however I will be interested to see how Craigan gets on

Lambert,Davies,or burley with craggs and Robinson staying would be my choice but finances I'm sure wouldn't allow that

I think an experienced head who knows Scottish football to lead craggs and Robinson short term would be ideal

If craggs is considered interim manager I think that says it all as to where Robinson fits in. Would surely be down to the incoming manager and our finances in terms of pay offs whether he went as well.

I can see the search for a manager who is happy to accept the current coaching team being what we look for which prob rules out someone in a job already

Someone who sees it as a project and wants to leave a legacy (Van Der Gaag, AN Other)

or

Fallen manager looking to build his reputation (Lambert, Coyle, Mackay type character)

or

Manager on a bit on years and not looking to move due to family/lifestyle (Burley, Calderwood)

or

Some random we've never heard of before, out of left field. One thing is certain, the perception our new owner has deep pockets may attract a few big names.

Fallen manager looking to build his reputation (Lambert, Coyle, Mackay type character)

I know they're only examples but Coyle's at Houston and Lambert is nowhere near fallen enough to drop down from an EPL job to Scottish Premiership. I saw a few mentions linking him with clubs like Fulham and I'd imagine he'd get a Championship gig no problem after the job he did at Norwich.

Mackay? That's a different story after Cardiff then being binned by Wigan.

Let Craigen get on with it.

See how it goes.

No need to chuck money about for a "face".

Sounds as if the team in itself has plenty of opinions of who and how to play.

Let them get on with it. Might work.

They must feel passionately enough about it to have had a punch up amongst themselves and the ex Mgr. No?

Really hope Craggs gets a few games to see what he could do before we rush into an appointment. If he proves decent enough, would be delighted to see him given until the end of the season.

If it doesn't go to plan, then I think we have to be looking at experience. In that case would love a Coyle or Lambert type, but probably outwith our reach.

Mixu Paatelainen is an interesting shout is we want to go more exotic. Young up and comers would be Fowler at Queens of McIntyre at Ross County who I think is one of the best managers in the league.

Either way, the directors have to get this right.

As a side note, given some reports that it was Steve Robinson involved in altercations with a player in dressing room, is his position guaranteed?

• Like 1

Really hope Craggs gets a few games to see what he could do before we rush into an appointment. If he proves decent enough, would be delighted to see him given until the end of the season.

If it doesn't go to plan, then I think we have to be looking at experience. In that case would love a Coyle or Lambert type, but probably outwith our reach.

Mixu Paatelainen is an interesting shout is we want to go more exotic. Young up and comers would be Fowler at Queens of McIntyre at Ross County who I think is one of the best managers in the league.

Either way, the directors have to get this right.

As a side note, given some reports that it was Steve Robinson involved in altercations with a player in dressing room, is his position guaranteed?

I would extend his contract

• Like 1

With the timing of the sacking it means we've got a couple of games then an international break so I'd say that Craigan's got until at least mid-October.

As far as the alleged altercation with Robinson goes I don't see that there would be much of an issue. Much worse has happened in dressing rooms after games I'm sure and I get the impression that Craigan is pretty on board with him anyway. Absolutely no need for further disruption.

Fowler interesting as like the way he conducts himself.

Been impressed by Aitken, but both he and Fowler are untested at top level and I'm not sure that's what Motherwell need right now. Would be a fairly big gamble.

A steady, experienced hand seems the way to go.

Not overly keen on McGhee (don't think he'd be interested anyway) or even McCall returning, although not adverse to it.

However, definitely not Pressley. Loves the sound of his own voice too much. Listen to him and you wold think he invented the game!

PS Just a thought but what would fans think if a new back room team was needed and Malpas returned as an assistant/coach?

Very highly thought of by players/board at Caley Thistle during successful time in Highlands. Could sort out our leaky defence!

Fowler interesting as like the way he conducts himself.

Been impressed by Aitken, but both he and Fowler are untested at top level and I'm not sure that's what Motherwell need right now. Would be a fairly big gamble.

A steady, experienced hand seems the way to go.

Not overly keen on McGhee (don't think he'd be interested anyway) or even McCall returning, although not adverse to it.

However, definitely not Pressley. Loves the sound of his own voice too much. Listen to him and you wold think he invented the game!

PS Just a thought but what would fans think if a new back room team was needed and Malpas returned as an assistant/coach?

Very highly thought of by players/board at Caley Thistle during successful time in Highlands. Could sort out our leaky defence!

McCall has had his day and I wouldn't even contemplate bringing him back. By his own admission he ran out of ideas last season. Malpas is a definite no go and would not be welcomed back. I agree though a steady experienced hand is the way to go. In our current position its not a job for a rookie. We need a good man manager.

• Like 1

I wouldn't be too surprised if we paid compensation if it meant getting the guy we want. The board can't afford to get it wrong twice in a year.

As for who? God knows. The experienced hand approach makes sense for now but none of the usual names fill me with much excitement. The English lower-league contact route hasn't been particularly great for us either. I've thought for a while now that looking at the lower Scottish leagues could be fruitful (certainly some good examples that have been a success), but don't really know enough of the names to suggest anyone.