Issues With Stewarding On Tuesday Night

David

If you can call an atmosphere fake it's because what is happening in the stands is often unrelated to what's going on the park.

The Ultra style is just to keep steady noise going for 90 mins regardless of what happening. Traditionally the fans reacted to the game in front of them.

Not that often I agree with you but you have a valid point here.

An Accies supporting colleague noted from the South Stand how little attention the "bois" seemed to pay to what was going on during the game. Whether that renders an atmosphere "fake" or not, I'm not sure but it is entirely different to the noise made when a crowd is genuinely excited by what's going on in front of them.

This opens the can of worms of whether it should be down to the players to give the fans something to shout and sing about or whether it's down to the fans to create an atmosphere that encourages the players. For me, it's a bit of both...

Not that often I agree with you but you have a valid point here.

An Accies supporting colleague noted from the South Stand how little attention the "bois" seemed to pay to what was going on during the game. Whether that renders an atmosphere "fake" or not, I'm not sure but it is entirely different to the noise made when a crowd is genuinely excited by what's going on in front of them.

This opens the can of worms of whether it should be down to the players to give the fans something to shout and sing about or whether it's down to the fans to create an atmosphere that encourages the players. For me, it's a bit of both...

why pay the money to go if you dont watch the game ? i noticed on Saturday 2nd half that a fair few of the bois seemed to be facing the crowd for long spells instead of watching the footie, one guy in particular seemed to be more interested in getting the rest singing and clapping in unison rather than doing what he paid in for i.e. watching the game.

not knocking it each to their own etc but just seems a bit strange.

why pay the money to go if you dont watch the game ? i noticed on Saturday 2nd half that a fair few of the bois seemed to be facing the crowd for long spells instead of watching the footie, one guy in particular seemed to be more interested in getting the rest singing and clapping in unison rather than doing what he paid in for i.e. watching the game.

It's a way of doing things that has been happening on the continent for years now...

12100_372976582792484_1873798314_n1.jpg?

capo-petersburg.jpg

Tifosi-02-600x400.jpg

2012.11.18-fcgb-om_ultras-14.jpg

No doubt some of our support (and the Scottish football authorities) would have a hairy fit if they saw such over the top atmosphere at one of our games.

Flares? Smoke Bombs? Atmosphere? Fans who paid in yet aren't choosing to sit in their seats and watch the game?!?

5129125061_110dd0a6ba_b.jpg

• Like 1

It's a way of doing things that has been happening on the continent for years now...

capo-petersburg.jpg

Tifosi-02-600x400.jpg

No doubt some of our support (and the Scottish football authorities) would have a hairy fit if they saw such over the top atmosphere at one of our games.

Flares? Smoke Bombs? Atmosphere? Fans who paid in yet aren't choosing to sit in their seats and watch the game?!?

These guys in the pics all see fine except the last one.....those two guys could take somebody's eye out with their placards

• Like 1

To be fair, they probably think it strange that some 'well fans complain about them adding colour to the games.

For what its worth, whenever im at an away game and the conductor is facing the crowd, i quite enjoy it. Usually more interesting than whats on the pitch.

I think its fair enough to moan at the bois when they pull out the flares, but to pass comment for not watching the game???? Come on man

capo-petersburg.jpg

Tifosi-02-600x400.jpg

As over top as what happened to Werder Bremen? A fine which the club told the fans to pay or get tae Fuck - they duly paid?

Also a couple of thousand with well placed smoke bombs/flares = atmosphere; a couple of hundred with a smoke bomb/pellat = a couple of hundred people with a smoke bomb/pellat.

Saying that the Bois do a good job, and you seen, and heard the difference at the weekend, with my 6 year old even asking why he can't go over there

Lurks not allowed in Scottish football so why do it? Not like standing at grounds like those of us of an age remember and miss. Pyros have no place in football irrespective of what other countries / teams think or allow as IMO they add nothing unless blocking out the poor fare on the park counts. Also means the club looses money in fines we can ill afford.

• Like 1

Lurks not allowed in Scottish football so why do it? Not like standing at grounds like those of us of an age remember and miss. Pyros have no place in football irrespective of what other countries / teams think or allow as IMO they add nothing unless blocking out the poor fare on the park counts. Also means the club looses money in fines we can ill afford.

No club in Scotland has ever been fined for the use of pyrotechnics by fans within their grounds.