Issues With Stewarding On Tuesday Night

David

The answer why they didn't wade in at Hampden is simple. They'd get more grief from grown adults than they do from kids.

Not really. It's just a numbers game.

When crowds are large, the polis are more interested in containment and control. When crowds are smaller, containment and control are less of an issue, so they have time to focus on whatever infractions they decide are flavor of the month. It's been that way for a long time now.

If we had 50 or 60 thousand inside Fir Park every week you could light your bangers to your hearts content.

steelboy, on 09 Oct 2015 - 4:31 PM, said:

To be fair the police gave up trying to wade in at Ibrox and just settled for grabbing people after the game.

Someone a few rows in front of me got away with booting a copper who was on the deck.

Its all on cctv , they will not get away .

I'd say 3k is being conservative Busta. They almost had the whole of that section at the other side of the Main Stand plus pockets of fans across all the other Scotland sections.

I don't recall an away support ever taking over as much of the Scotland end at Hampden before.

And fair play in a sense. The Ta rightly pride ourselves in our resourcefulness in managing to get support to away games. Can't grumble too much when someone does the same to us.

I'd say 3k is being conservative Busta. They almost had the whole of that section at the other side of the Main Stand plus pockets of fans across all the other Scotland sections.

I don't recall an away support ever taking over as much of the Scotland end at Hampden before.

And fair play in a sense. The Ta rightly pride ourselves in our resourcefulness in managing to get support to away games. Can't grumble too much when someone does the same to us.

It was not much of a journey for the Polish fans probably 99% of them live in Scotland or the Uk

on a side note. I had a few mates who went to hampden aren't too familiar with it, they went in to that stadium with their tickets and ended up right in the middle of the actual Polish section. The stewards let them in and then weren't very helpful in getting them to the correct place.

That seems strange as it's an electronic ticket that gets scanned as you go through the turnstile - I would have thought the scan would pick up that the ticket was for the wrong section.

While there were Poles dotted around the stadium they did have a whole section at the junction of the east end and the main stand. I can only imagine this area was released late or their fans' websites were suggesting they applied for these tickets because otherwise it would seem unusual for them to be all together.

They did have an incredible amount of flares and bangers (if that's the right term) so they obviously weren't be searched and it did put into perspective the over-reaction in the media here to the occasional smoke pellet. Was Chic Young wetting his pants in the same way he did for our recent game at Greenock and the one a few years ago in Paisley where he gave the impression there were full scale riots happening?

Scotland fans have been doing similar for years in terms of tickets. I was fortunate enough to be at the game in Paris when Faddy scored and there were about 25-30,000 Scots there because the tickets were sold through a ticketing website who didn't care where they shipped the tickets to as long as they got their money.

Most of them seemed to have tickets for all over that end but congregated at one place.The people who had tickets for those seats were basically told to sit somewhere else.

I have no idea why items were thrown on the park disrupting the game, actions like these are risking more fines.

The bois are simply playing into the hands of the stewards and polis who now have even more ammo to search them after daft actions like this.

If your gonna do stuff like that then please stop moaning about the stewards and polis havin it in for you.

• Like 1