Issues With Stewarding On Tuesday Night

David

Lost all respect for the well bois after the joint protest with the green brigade scumbags.

Why?

Putting differences aside to highlight a bigger issue, and a common enemy?

The sad fact is, the well bois had no other option than to side with the green brigade over this.

The police/SNP want this issue to be one of division, they don't want fans to be united in opposition to what is, terrible legislation and an attack on freedom of speech. If football fans cannot defend themselves, and put differences and club allegiances aside, then whats the point? we'll continue to get shafted by police/stewards/legislation.

Put the petty rivalries aside and the underlying bigotry, siding with the green brigade is what needed to happen, for the bigger picture. I don't think it's going to mean that the bois will be down the gallowgate now, singing the rebs and tanking guiness. It was for a minute or so in a game, to highlight that something must change.

i still maintain if you dont act like a dick and smuggle flares/smoke bombs, run onto the park, fight before or after games, shout and swear etc then the big bad stewards wont pick on you.

Funny how MOST of our and other teams fans have little or no negative interaction with stewards/police at all yet the same bunches of fans are always moaning that they get picked on.

Just support the team.

Someone on here will probably slag me off in a mature way just like the "ya toilet brush" comment above but the fact remains its mostly warranted attention that the small section of the Well Bois/Green Brigade or other small sections of other teams fans get.

• Like 1

Why?

Putting differences aside to highlight a bigger issue, and a common enemy?

The sad fact is, the well bois had no other option than to side with the green brigade over this.

The police/SNP want this issue to be one of division, they don't want fans to be united in opposition to what is, terrible legislation and an attack on freedom of speech. If football fans cannot defend themselves, and put differences and club allegiances aside, then whats the point? we'll continue to get shafted by police/stewards/legislation.

Put the petty rivalries aside and the underlying bigotry, siding with the green brigade is what needed to happen, for the bigger picture. I don't think it's going to mean that the bois will be down the gallowgate now, singing the rebs and tanking guiness. It was for a minute or so in a game, to highlight that something must change.

This party political broadcast was brought to you by the Green Brigade.

Motherwell fans standing shoulder to shoulder with the vermin who caused 10k of damage to our ground.

What a craic?

• Like 3

i still maintain if you dont act like a dick and smuggle flares/smoke bombs, run onto the park, fight before or after games, shout and swear etc then the big bad stewards wont pick on you.

Funny how MOST of our and other teams fans have little or no negative interaction with stewards/police at all yet the same bunches of fans are always moaning that they get picked on.

Just support the team.

Someone on here will probably slag me off in a mature way just like the "ya toilet brush" comment above but the fact remains its mostly warranted attention that the small section of the Well Bois/Green Brigade or other small sections of other teams fans get.

It's hardly warranted? the odd smokebomb, yes that's crossing the line, but is the levels of policing and the style of policing/stewarding justified? no, absolutely not.

The problem here, is rubbish legislation, allied with a football specific police unit, that's backed up by its ability to arrest rather than convict. No helping the situation is the stewards, who think they're hard men, wading in and realising they aren't dealing with wee boys, and end up having to have the police bail them out of their own mistakes.

The legislation could see you arrested, for pretty much anything, so it's a cause worth fighting.

This party political broadcast was brought to you by the Green Brigade.

Motherwell fans standing shoulder to shoulder with the vermin who caused 10k of damage to our ground.

What a craic?

Grow up.

It's hardly warranted? the odd smokebomb, yes that's crossing the line, but is the levels of policing and the style of policing/stewarding justified? no, absolutely not.

The problem here, is rubbish legislation, allied with a football specific police unit, that's backed up by its ability to arrest rather than convict. No helping the situation is the stewards, who think they're hard men, wading in and realising they aren't dealing with wee boys, and end up having to have the police bail them out of their own mistakes.

The legislation could see you arrested, for pretty much anything, so it's a cause worth fighting.

Grow up.

Stop lieing, no one gets lifted 'for pretty much anything'

Can we expect to see the Bois showing solidarity with the Union Bears when they come to Fir Park?

Grow up.

Is the legislation crap - yes but your exagirating by saying anyone can be arrested for anything.

could the stewards do better -yes, there are arses who are stewards but there are arses in every profession, i genuinly saw a steward jailed at parkhead a few years ago for acting like a dick and pushing a fan about.

Unfortunately I also feel the fans could do better by simply following the rules.

The stewards/police dont just have the Bois and the minority intent on causing trouble to worry about, they have the safety of everyone to worry about and by bringing smoke bombs/flares, invading the pitch, throwing items, fighting before and after games etc I believe they have no option but to treat certain factions with a robust style as the actions of the minority can have severe implication on the majority.

So I say again just support the team, bang the drum, shout, sing but stay within the rules and EVERYONE can enjoy the game.

MJW, I think the statement released via the Heavy Hands Empty Stands Facebook answers your question when it states:

"As supporters of Motherwell Football Club we would like to stress that it is not easy for us to stand shoulder to shoulder with supporters with Celtic, Rangers or any other Scottish club for that matter. It should be noted however that sometimes the colour of your scarf should be put aside for the greater good."

The sad reality is we live in the West of Scotland which in my opinion is one of the only places on earth where football supporters wouldn't be able to see past their own prejudice for a greater good.

Whilst I can understand people's reservations on ever siding with the Old Firm it's important to have a think about why this was done. Kids from all over Scotland are getting dragged through the courts and having their futures pulled away from under their feet for singing a song at the fitba.

The sooner this Act is binned the better.

The legislation could see you arrested, for pretty much anything...

Maybe I have been lucky, however, I have attended games for 50 years man and boy and I am happy to report I have never been close to being arrested for supporting my team. I sing, cheer, swear (god forbid) and celebrate goals and at no point has any steward or policeman ever approached me about my behaviour. I am not sure what these young boys are doing to get arrested or harassed by police and stewards, can anyone enlighten me?

• Like 2

Whilst I can understand people's reservations on ever siding with the Old Firm it's important to have a think about why this was done. Kids from all over Scotland are getting dragged through the courts and having their futures pulled away from under their feet for singing a song at the fitba.

The sooner this Act is binned the better.

Most of Celtic and Rangers songbook has no place in a football ground in 2015 so I'm not sure why anyone would go out of their way to legitimise them.
  • Like 2

That may be correct MJW however there was legislation in place to tackle sectarianism before this introduction of the football bill in 2012.

We have seen Hamilton supporters prosecuted for singing "Well, Well, Fuck yer Well". Regardless of your opinion on this song a 17 year old getting fined thousands of pounds and having a criminal record for life isn't justifiable for his actions.

That may be correct MJW however there was legislation in place to tackle sectarianism before this introduction of the football bill in 2012.

We have seen Hamilton supporters prosecuted for singing "Well, Well, Fuck yer Well". Regardless of your opinion on this song a 17 year old getting fined thousands of pounds and having a criminal record for life isn't justifiable for his actions.

Ive seen people arrested and charged for very little in many walks of life,it can happen no matter the legislation. It doesnt change the fact that the same group attract attention to themselves then cry about over zealous stewarding. Im 6'2 ,20 stone bald wi tattoos and often enjoy a pint in Daniels pre match, probably THE stereotypical troublemaker! I sing jump around and swear at matches and yet Ive never,ever been close to being arrested or thrown out. Novel Idea,support your team,stop antagonising stewards,bringing in flares or smoke bombs and jumping onto tbe pitch and I guarantee any "trouble" will practically dissappear!

Laughable standing with the Green Bigade as well. A group also complaining of steward victimization but who are known for and have had fans banned for singing IRA songs, intimidation and destroying stadiums when they feel like it.

• Like 1

i think you may be VERY mistaken with this statement in regards why the arrest happened (if at all) and also the fine

Accepting that it was not the intention, standing side by side with The Green Brigade gave the impression that the Bois support that groups right to display vile, offensive banners, chant repugnant songs and generally cause havoc at away grounds. Someone compared today to an own goal. Spot on. Not intended but still a self inflicted wound.

The legislation was brought in because all is not as it should be and unfortunately lesser legislation has proved ineffective, particularly in the west of Scotland. Just maybe it's not the Law which is wrong, but the over zealousness of Police/Stewards to enforce it coupled with a determination of some fans from various clubs to challenge it.

Without The Bois, Fir Park would often be a soulless, depressing place for our team to perform in. I fear that if the present trend continues then their absence is inevitable.

I think part of the problem is that "the bill" was sold as a way of stopping sectarianism, Celtic thought it would only apply to Rangers, Motherwell thought it would only apply to Rangers and Celtic, in reality it's a way of trumping up minor offences already covered by breach of the peace and dragging kids (it's mostly young males) through the courts, wasting everyone's time and money.

That dickhead steward "Supervisor" with the megaphone that cuts about the East stand is a fuckin trumpet. You'd think he was in charge of security for the G8 summit , shat his troosers when the Green Brigade wrecked the South Stand after 3 years of shouting at wee boys to sit down.

It's an expensive lesson ,but he won't do it again

Why the outrage?only in Scotland would we think that's ok....17 isn't that young......sorry to come over all moral, but we really need to aim a bit higher

• Like 1

A joint protest with the Green Brigade does not sit well with me at all. They (the Green Brigade) are absolute vermin and deserved to be hosed down with a flame thrower. The fact that they consider themselves victims is laughable and typical of the Celtic mentality.

"The Bois" add great atmosphere at Fir Park but this joint display, regardless of the intentions, and a massive own goal in my opinion.

• Like 2

Go to the football, have a few beers and sing some songs then it is unlikely you will get much grief from stewards/police.

Do the above and look to antagonise stewards then you will very likely end up getting more attention than you would like.

Seen a recent example where a steward asked a lad to stop standing on a seat, lad told the steward where to go and then got all flustered when the steward asked for police back up. Seen a few instances where a small number want to push the boundaries and then complain when things escalate.

I've been lifted and charged at the football. I was acting like a dick (not the first or last time). No one blame but yourself (in most cases).

Long and short, have a good day out without acting like a bellend.

• Like 1