Issues With Stewarding On Tuesday Night

David

know quite a few of the lads are politically motivated away from the games

standing shoulder to shoulder with the green brigade on anything let alone a political fight, is akin to any of the scottish represenatatives standing side by side with the Tories, even if they are fighting for the same goal, unacceptable and beyond damaging.

as for being played like total mugs by the mhankies and disrupting a match at your home ground, lets hope it doesn't damage the leniency being offered by the club working with the group.

Always had my backing for the tremendous effort supporting the team without costing the club, shame for all concerned if everything else takes over from that goal

Interesting responses here, hardly stood shoulder to shoulder with the Green Brigade, done a joint action on a specific issue affecting both groups, doesn't make us pals all of a sudden, we hate them, they hate us, but, unlike almost everybody on here, we can see the bigger picture.

The bill needs opposed, poor stewarding and policing needs highlighting. Continuing to highlight such issues purely from inside our own clubs bubble doesn't work. On this issue, unfortunately, we have to side with people that might make some uncomfortable.

Interesting responses here, hardly stood shoulder to shoulder with the Green Brigade, done a joint action on a specific issue affecting both groups, doesn't make us pals all of a sudden, we hate them, they hate us, but, unlike almost everybody on here, we can see the bigger picture.

The bill needs opposed, poor stewarding and policing needs highlighting. Continuing to highlight such issues purely from inside our own clubs bubble doesn't work. On this issue, unfortunately, we have to side with people that might make some uncomfortable.

What are the protests striving for? Revision of the current Act?

What are the protests striving for? Revision of the current Act?

Ourselves, involved in the Heavy Hands Empty Stands campaign would like to see the act abolished. The FAC group, initially a Celtic group, but branching out to other clubs, would also like to see the same. There's existing legislation in place to prevent racism and sectarianism, it should be used. The act makes it easier to convict people on the basis that what ever is said, or gestured, could have caused disorder.

The Hamilton fans, for me, is the best example of how dangerous this legislation is, a couple of young lads have now got criminal records and had to pay 4 figure fines, essentially, for saying "fuck".

The Hamilton fans, for me, is the best example of how dangerous this legislation is, a couple of young lads have now got criminal records and had to pay 4 figure fines, essentially, for saying "fuck".

Do you you have a link to the story? I can’t find anything online about this madness.

unlike almost everybody on here, we can see the bigger picture.

Quite a few on here that you think youre cleverer than were round the block and going through the courts umpteen times for acting the dick at the footbal while you were still sooking yer maws tits - and they didny go greeting about it as they knew they were acting the dick

If you dont like being called the Motherwell Brigade or the 'Well bhoys dont jump into bed with the scum or play the 'useful idiot' for them and the scumbags at FAC

• Like 4

Do you you have a link to the story? I can’t find anything online about this madness.

No press coverage, mainly reported on twitter and through meetings with those involved with FAC, fine between the two alleged to have been £2500.

Quite a few on here that you think youre cleverer than were round the block and going through the courts umpteen times for acting the dick at the footbal while you were still sooking yer maws tits - and they didny go greeting about it as they knew they were acting the dick

If you dont like being called the Motherwell Brigade or the 'Well bhoys dont jump into bed with the scum or play the 'useful idiot' for them and the scumbags at FAC

This is't about acting like a dick, it's about freedom of speech and expression, as mellow-dramatic as that sounds. Acting the dick is one thing, but this law is getting folk into trouble for doing very little wrong, take celtic out the equation, as a motherwell fan, are you offended by somebody singing "well, well, fuck yer well" and do you think that's worthy of being fined a 4 figure sum? The problem is with this law is that nobody really knows if you're breaking it or not, entering the field of play, fighting, using pyro, that's pretty black and white, but, we're talking about people getting arrested for their words or songs now, which is a dangerous place to be.

Hardly jumped into bed with the green brigade but, we hate them, they hate us, we're hardly going up the gallowgate with them, blasting the rebs, and skudding pints of guiness. We'd have done it with Rangers, Dundee United, Aberdeen, anybody.

Ourselves, involved in the Heavy Hands Empty Stands campaign would like to see the act abolished. The FAC group, initially a Celtic group, but branching out to other clubs, would also like to see the same. There's existing legislation in place to prevent racism and sectarianism, it should be used. The act makes it easier to convict people on the basis that what ever is said, or gestured, could have caused disorder.

That being the case then have you considered starting up a campaign via something like https://you.38degrees.org.uk/about_us and then fans of whatever teams you are aligned with on the issue can distribute to their own supporters and then let social media work it's magic to spread the word and advise on the aims and actions you have in mind?

I've also seen sites that provide templates of an email about a specific issue that when you enter your postcode will give you the option of emailing any, or all of the MP's or MSP's that are within your reach.

It isn't direct action but with an election a matter of months away there is an opportunity to at least highlight the issue there for you for if handled correctly. Play politics with the politicians. Nobody is going to know who you vote for at the end of the day but get that suit with the wee red, yellow and black or blue rosette to think they'll be on to x amount of votes from you and your mates if they start highlighting the issue or commit to assist then you might make some inroads.

That being the case then have you considered starting up a campaign via something like https://you.38degrees.org.uk/about_us and then fans of whatever teams you are aligned with on the issue can distribute to their own supporters and then let social media work it's magic to spread the word and advise on the aims and actions you have in mind?

I've also seen sites that provide templates of an email about a specific issue that when you enter your postcode will give you the option of emailing any, or all of the MP's or MSP's that are within your reach.

It isn't direct action but with an election a matter of months away there is an opportunity to at least highlight the issue there for you for if handled correctly. Play politics with the politicians. Nobody is going to know who you vote for at the end of the day but get that suit with the wee red, yellow and black or blue rosette to think they'll be on to x amount of votes from you and your mates if they start highlighting the issue or commit to assist then you might make some inroads.

We've lettered MSP's before, FAC have taken a petition to parliament on the matter too.

In terms of playing the issue politically, it's very difficult, every major party, opposes the act, all but the SNP. With SNP support as high as its been, and on course for another majority in parliament, it becomes very difficult to fight against. No government wants to repeal their own law, because then it looks like they've made an arse of something.

It's also very hard to lobby support against something which is perceived to be tackling sectarianism, as it looks like you're trying to defend the indefensible.

Fair do's, but I'd still keep banging at the door politically.

You mention the SNP for example. I joined in the aftermath of the referendum last year and can recall a getting emails on a couple of occasions since asking for feedback on issues and suggestions for shaping policy. Whilst I haven't specifically made mention of the Act I have always tried to make the point about allowing safe standing and the sale of alcohol as is permissible at rugby games in Scotland.

Now again it would take a bit of orchestrating with 110,000 odd party members, surely a percentage of which will be football fans and may be receptive, it might be worth pushing for them to make the points from inside the party.

No press coverage, mainly reported on twitter and through meetings with those involved with FAC, fine between the two alleged to have been £2500.

That’s a crazy amount to be fined for a word that will be said at every game up and down the country. I have belted it out the ‘F’ word myself on numerous occasions without comment from a steward or policeman. Not that I don’t believe you, however, are you 100% certain this actually happened, and the story hasn’t just been exaggerated by the FAC to cause a stir on social media? If I remember correctly, even the ‘Bovril Two’ made the press.

Was the protest featured in any of the tabloids today? Is there going to be anything included in the Motherwell times to explain it? Did the pundits or commentators speak about the motivation for it while the game was halted?

I can't imagine the answer to any of these questions is yes. As a sympathiser for the HHES campaign, I think the joint message you had intended to deliver was nothing more than a very visual disruption of the game on the tele.

If both sets of fans had rolled out massive banners with the same message it might have gotten a bit of positive coverage & raised a few eyebrows from those that matter while sitting at home.

There was no visual message yesterday, a stoppage of the game and increased sales of tennis balls from Sports Direct. Stick to the banners lads.

Was the protest featured in any of the tabloids today? Is there going to be anything included in the Motherwell times to explain it? Did the pundits or commentators speak about the motivation for it while the game was halted?

I can't imagine the answer to any of these questions is yes. As a sympathiser for the HHES campaign, I think the joint message you had intended to deliver was nothing more than a very visual disruption of the game on the tele.

If both sets of fans had rolled out massive banners with the same message it might have gotten a bit of positive coverage & raised a few eyebrows from those that matter while sitting at home.

There was no visual message yesterday, a stoppage of the game and increased sales of tennis balls from Sports Direct. Stick to the banners lads.

There was a visual message displayed by both home and away supporters. Being delivered together made it wrong in my eyes

If I remember correctly, even the Bovril Two made the press.

Hugh Kevin's wrote that he saw us hit the linesman with a pie!

:lol:

Fuck knows how we got the name the Bovril two?

The papers will sensationalise anything that occurs at the time, but the sports media have no interest in the aftermath and it's not news worthy enough for a real journalist.

• Like 1

That’s a crazy amount to be fined for a word that will be said at every game up and down the country. I have belted it out the ‘F’ word myself on numerous occasions without comment from a steward or policeman. Not that I don’t believe you, however, are you 100% certain this actually happened, and the story hasn’t just been exaggerated by the FAC to cause a stir on social media? If I remember correctly, even the ‘Bovril Two’ made the press.

FAC haven't put much out about it, the word on that seems to have came from accies fans, posting on twitter. I believe it was on the way to the ground that the boys were lifted. That's all the parts of the story that I'm aware of.

Herald and evening times ran with it online last night, don't know if it's made any printed editions yet.

Banner went up about it, banners about it increasingly difficult too, grey area when it's seen as a "political messages" therefore, banned.

The FAC contact us to take part in the podcast it was something I was partly interested in until they were asked to submit a blog for posting pre podcast, can't mind the exact details now but it put the three of us right off and the whole idea was scrapped.

It was very Green Brigade.

• Like 1

Stunningly succinct ML1 :biggrin:

Standing in unison with a group who get away with utterly disgusting behaviour as a result of the authorities turning a blind eye to their antics, often actually facilitating it, and ignoring legislation in order to not upset certain parties. The reason being to protest against over zealous policing/stewarding/legislation? That makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.

Two choices in life. You can be a part of the problem, or a part of the solution. They have certainly never shown an interest in standing shoulder to shoulder with smaller clubs previously, so it's fair to assume they see some kind of benefit in it for them. It wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if this has been a calculated move by the GB to latch onto a more "legitimate" campaign in order to have something to hide behind.

You're judged by the company you keep. Massive error of judgement here.

• Like 4

what was the tennis ball relevance? I saw someone on twitter mention they did it in Switzerland as a protest re tennis holding up a KO time. but not sure what it was about here.

Sad part about this is we should be talking about the excellent tribute to Joe Wark not a collaboration with a group who tried to destroy part of our ground not so long ago.

this is too true.