Issues With Stewarding On Tuesday Night

David

I'm sure we've all got an opinion on what the Bois, and various other 'Ultra' groups, do, but that article is laughably bad. Fits in rather well at the Daily Record, therefore.

The record generally prints pish but the story just highlights the main issue with these so called ultras. If you have several thousand in a stadium singing, setting off flares etc then rightly or wrongly it looks impressive but in Scotland when we try it with a few dozen "ultras" at most it just looks ridiculous.

The record generally prints pish but the story just highlights the main issue with these so called ultras. If you have several thousand in a stadium singing, setting off flares etc then rightly or wrongly it looks impressive but in Scotland when we try it with a few dozen "ultras" at most it just looks ridiculous.

anyone who was at the Scotland v Poland game would probably agree.

This kind of opinion is exactly why Scottish football is dead on its arse. Article is a complete farce. Maybe we should just move to somewhere else in Europe and not try to make football games actually enjoyable off the park.

• Like 1

This kind of opinion is exactly why Scottish football is dead on its arse. Article is a complete farce. Maybe we should just move to somewhere else in Europe and not try to make football games actually enjoyable off the park.

Who should move?

Motherwell?

You?

It's a competition now? Challenge accepted! :ph34r:

It's all lies, damned lies, and over-analysis of limited statistics anyway. This one is my favourite: "Of the 12 charges at Firhill in 2013-14, seven were during a Rangers versus Celtic under-17 game rather than in a game that involved the home team". FFS.

It makes no difference to the courts whether people were charged for whatever they got up to at a toddlers kick about or the champions league final, the main issue is they were doing something against the law so they got lifted, simples

That's right, the police watched the green brigade tear up seats in the south stand, then did dawn raids on a few Motherwell fans, but was loosely portrayed to the media as if they'd arrested the culprits of the damage. That kind of indicates the problem, it's about numbers, easy targets and giving the impression action is being taken.

19 arrests is quite a lot, it means if you go to a Motherwell game at home you've got a 1/200 chance of getting lifted, away from home it's as low as 1/10.

:P

Funny ............no mention of the conviction rate any where

Anybody know anybody that's got a conviction under this legislation

Aye I've never really understood the "bois" name. Is it just a nedish way of spelling boys? Or is there an actual reason for it? Would have thought that supporting a team known as the steelmen, they might use that in some way.

French for wood

Indeed Scottish football at it's finest.

Queues because people were going to the wrong turnstile because it wasn't made clear which ones were ticket and which ones were pay at the gate, tickets not scanning, fans hemmed together into tight sections of a stand when there's a whole stand there all to watch an overpriced game on an artificial surface played out by two bang average sides in front of less than 4000 folk.

It's afternoon's like yesterday that are made so so much better when the Bois do what they do best.

Rightly or wrongly the general view is that the Bois made a mistake with the alignment with the Green Brigade recently, and at times they, or those who have latched on to them, have overstepped the perceived mark but I get the impression that there are some who seem to be quietly enjoying the criticism they are currently getting.

Don't get me wrong the first priority for me when going to see Motherwell without question is to see the team win, but the enjoyment of the day has been regularly enhanced or in some cases salvaged by the atmosphere created by the Bois. In my eyes a matchday is all the poorer without their vocal encouragement of the team.

• Like 1

Same reason we often close the bottom tier at Fir Park, I guess. The fact that your first thought is what it looks like on TV shows how pathetic the fan situation is. I don't attend games at the moment, for work reasons but my concern is still that we have less fans than some non-league sides in England- not the fact that the tv pictures compliment this fact. Probably paying the same wages as well.