'well Fans At Deepdale Yesterday

AirblesRoad

Just been reading on a Preston North End website that a number of 'Well fans were at their match against Wolves yesterday. Apparently drunk and badly behaved, waving a Motherwell flag. September weekend escapees from Blackpool probably but a bad image for the club nonetheless.

And your point Is ?

If I need to explain it, you're probably too thick to understand it.

Motherwell fans have always had a reputation for going everywhere, having loads to drink, getting on with the locals, having a good time, watching the match and coming home. From personal experience, I'm talking Faroe Islands, Dortmund, Finland and Utrecht a few years ago now. Great times, drunk everywhere, never a problem anywhere. There seems to be a nasty edge to it these days. Don't take my word for it. Go to pne-online.net and look at the thread 'return of fortress Deepdale?' Get someone to read it to you if necessary.

Read the stuff on the PNE website and it sounds like a couple of our supporters managed to get up the noses of the locals. Strong drink had been taken, apparently.

While I wish that our entire support were the fine upstanding gentlemen and ladies that I am sure we all are, I am unfortunately aware that this is probably not the case. But to put it another way, wouldn't it be boring if we were all the same and the diversity of humanity is one of it's few saving graces. It certainly isn't my place to be telling people what standards of behaviour are a requirement for our support. Everyone is different and will have different ideas and levels. What we ave in common is a football team that we support. How we o about it is our own business.

If I need to explain it, you're probably too thick to understand it.

Motherwell fans have always had a reputation for going everywhere, having loads to drink, getting on with the locals, having a good time, watching the match and coming home. From personal experience, I'm talking Faroe Islands, Dortmund, Finland and Utrecht a few years ago now. Great times, drunk everywhere, never a problem anywhere. There seems to be a nasty edge to it these days. Don't take my word for it. Go to pne-online.net and look at the thread 'return of fortress Deepdale?' Get someone to read it to you if necessary.

Wind your neck in...nobody gives a shit what some random collection of drunken neds got up to at an English ground that the vast majority of us will never see.

99% of the PNE fans probably could not give a shit either, but there are always a few dedicated keyboard warriors like yourself to try to whip up a storm from a non story, keep up the good work.

• Like 1