Joe Wark

Haggischomper

Just in from work and my son told me. Truly saddened to hear the passing of my boyhood hero. I had the privilege of watching a huge number of Joe's appearances in claret and Amber. An absolute gentleman and the best left back I have ever seen, bar none.

Condolences to his family, I hope they draw comfort from the warmth of feeling from those who remember him so fondly.

Rest In Peace Joe.

My Hero.

Legend.

He was to me the greatest Motherwell player that I have been lucky enough to watch, not just his skill as a left back (that should have earned him many Scotland caps) but his loyalty to the club was remarkable. The signed photo that he gave me for my 6th birthday is still a treasured possession.

The word 'legend' gets used far too often to describe ex-players. This is one case where it hardly goes far enough. Joe Wark deserves this title.

I started supporting and watching Motherwell in the 74/75 season so Joe was in his heyday. A model of consistency and extremely faithful to the club. As WeeYin said, the best timing of a tackle you'll ever see.

RIP.

A true Motherwell legend .A gentleman off and on the pitch. Would have been capped had it not been for the fact that there outstanding full backs at the Old Firm at the time. Had the pleasure of meeting him a few times . He was always willing to spend time with the supporters . My thoughts are with his family and friends. RIP Joe.

I was fortunate enough to be growing up at a time when Joe played his football with us, and as has been mentioned already, the word legend hardly seems enough for a guy who lived and breathed the club, and a truly nice guy. Each generation has its favourites, and for my generation, Joe Wark is right up there.

He was quite simply the best left back I've seen at FP, and never got the recognition he deserved because he didn't play with one of the media darlings.

Yet another Dosser taken before he should have - RIP sir