Joe Wark

Haggischomper

Very very sad news another stunning fitba player gone. Ignored by Scotland. Why? he played for us always. The best full back that should have had many many Scots caps.

Always mind his style where he seemed to whip by his man and it was as if he took a lung full and barrelled his way down the park in his absolutely inimitable style.

Joe Wark for Scotland we shouted for years.

Shame real shame. Great memories Joe thanks.

Was very saddened to read this news, I was too young to remember details of Joes skillful contribution in games I attended, I did know the auldyins around me rated him though,

and his presence was felt around the stadium long after he stopped playing, he was part of every European tour and at many domestic games and social events, I truly wish my father knew Joe, and that I had been lucky enough to have witnessed more of his contributions on the park, but I know he is a club legend in every way

Thoughts with his family first and foremost , he meant so much more to them than to us fans.

The petition however is pathetic in every sense.

• Like 1

My first game at Fir Park was about 1967 - 68 and Joe will forever be associated in my mind with my formative years as a Well fan. One of the best full backs I ever had the privilege of watching, and the best uncapped player bar none. I am very saddened by this news, legend is a much over used term, but not in this case.

• Like 1

So sad to hear this news tonight.

Joe was the captain and driving force for the first Motherwell team I ever watched. He and Wullie P were my boyhood heroes.

A consumate professional. Never dived, rarely booked. You'd struggle to find anyone in Scottish football that had a bad word to say about him.

He is the best left back to wear the claret and amber in my lifetime ant the best player I ever saw that was never capped for Scotland.

Feels like Ive lost a little bit of my childhood tonight. RIP Joe. You were one of the best.

Far too young to have ever seen him play and only found out tonight, for the first time, that my father did actually know Joe Wark. Heard a few teary stories tonight which has really brought home just how well thought of he was up Fir Park way. Sad news, rest in peace.

Like many, too young to have seen him, but that song seemed to echo through Nancy. Topped off by his son in the middle of the stand in front of me, pointing out that Joe Wark is my father.

I am glad I am old enough to have seen him play. Not only was his timing of the tackle impeccable, but he had this uncanny knack of being able to judge the high ball and whether the attacker was going to get it or not. You would see him sometimes take a few steps back, the attacker would jump and miss the ball and there was Joe in exactly the right place to collect it. The best left back I have ever seen at Fir Park. A great player and a great man. RIP Joe.

• Like 3

My favourite Joe Wark moment, the Cup Tie v Aberdeen which we lost 1-0 due to a John Hewitt goal after 15 Seconds ! In the same game Joe took a cross from the right on his chest about a yard out from the back post and played it right into Hugh Sproat's ( I think ? ) hands ! Fantastic piece of skill. RIP Joe a REAL LEGEND.