Joe Wark

Haggischomper

Can only echo what many have posted. When I heard the news from a colleague at work this morning it genuinely took the wind right out of my sails and I'm not ashamed to admit it brought tears to my eyes. I started watching the Dossers from about 1967/68 and remember Joe coming into the side to replace a guy called Alan MacKay and the names McCloy/McRae Whiteford and Wark will forever be etched into my memory. Joe's passing feels like I have lost a huge chunk of my childhood.

My favourite 'Well player of all time and a true legend not just for us but for Scottish football. Too many great memories to mention. Even my dad who had seen all the past greats admitted that Joe would have fitted into any of the sides he watched. Sadly, we will never see his like at FP again

My sincere condolences to all of Joe's family. RIP.

• Like 4

I last saw Joe at the Cup Final, a few rows behind me. He gave me a week wave back. He was incredibly modest and a complete gentlemen. I will never forget those India-rubber legs and how he could snaffle the ball away from his opponent with a tackle from the side or back. Great to see that photo further up of his tackle on Ian Hair of Aberdeen (he was an EK lad and schoolmate).

Joe and Willie Hunter are two of my absolute favourites.

Good Old Joe: never forgotten.

My thoughts are with his family.

Never had the privilege of seeing joe play, worked with his wife for a short period and he would pop into to see her on many occasions. Always happy to chat about the club and had many great stories to tell. I always remember him saying how he was desperate to win the POTY award one year as the winner would get there whole house new carpets, apparently that was a massive prize back in the day. I am also certain he told me he played as a striker for one season.

Thoughts with his family. RIP

Reasonable policy- which applies here?

He obviously had a difficult final few years and 67 isn't old these days but considering his playing career, standing in the community and the regard his family is held in I'd say it's a life very well lived and one which should be celebrated.

Dexter Dawg, on 03 Oct 2015 - 8:05 PM, said:

Fortunate enough to have watched Joe play many many times,superb player and superb man.When he retired from football he bought a shop in Coltness and liked nothing more than to chat about his time as a player,a very down to earth guy and indeed a club legend,RIP Joe .

Used to live next to his shop in yarrow crescent .Unfortunately I think he got robbed and gave it up .

He obviously had a difficult final few years and 67 isn't old these days but considering his playing career, standing in the community and the regard his family is held in I'd say it's a life very well lived and one which should be celebrated.

I don't strongly disagree but I'd suggest a silence is more appropriate given how young he was and because the Bois will likely have a tribute planned and the club will probably name something else after him. It's not like this is the one chance to pay tribute.

• Like 1

My first concern with the minutes silence was rightly or wrongly "Its Celtic" will they observe it.

In that respect perhaps applause more fitting?

We don't make decisions like this based on 'it's whoever'.

A minutes silence will be observed impeccabley by the Well fans. And the respect we have for Joe will be shown.

If any scumbag wants to show the nation that they are scumbag, let them.

• Like 2

A minutes silence will be observed impeccabley by the Well fans. And the respect we have for Joe will be shown.

Fair comment, I suspect though that in general this was one of the driving factors in moving from traditional "Minutes Silence" to whatr seems more commonplace "minutes applause".

That having said I would bet the farm that every single 'Well Fan as you say will observe a minutes silence impeccably, and for my money the silence is more appropriate

I think a minutes silence will be impeccably observed by all Motherwell fans. What the Celtic fans do is another matter.

Here's a thought though.

Why not have a burst of applause 3 minutes into the match for from what I have been told and read our greatest left back and number 3?

That way we have a minute silense in respect and 3 mins in a minutes applause of appreciation?

We do it fo uncle Phil 10 mins in after all

I think a minutes silence will be impeccably observed by all Motherwell fans. What the Celtic fans do is another matter.

Here's a thought though.

Why not have a burst of applause 3 minutes into the match for from what I have been told and read our greatest left back and number 3?

That way we have a minute silense in respect and 3 mins in a minutes applause of appreciation?

Great shout.

This hits the nail on the head for me.

Here's a thought though.

Aye , that's the way to go .