Motherwell V Celtic Sat 17 Oct 12:00

Yabba's Turd

they will have a field day against Las & Law and Griffiths is guaranteed to score. Doubt we can unless Ambrose is starting. McGhee has had no time and this will be no reflection on him.They might be pish but we are several levels of pish lower than them. 0-3, training game for the mhankies.

Maybe not fair to judge McGhee on Saturday but I'll certainly hold it against him if he plays Law and/or Taylor! They are by no means the only offenders but sadly McManus is apparently undroppable and McDonald certainly doesn't deserve to start either.

Could be the footballing equivilant of what Mugwa does to that boy in "The Last of the Mohicans".

Hopefully we can at least keep it to less than 3 goals.

Maybe not fair to judge McGhee on Saturday but I'll certainly hold it against him if he plays Law and/or Taylor! They are by no means the only offenders but sadly McManus is apparently undroppable and McDonald certainly doesn't deserve to start......

I understand what you're saying but he has said everyone gets a clean slate, so until he has seen in a game what we've all been watching this season, then we might have to watch them play the way they have once more before McGhee see's they can't turn their training form into match play.

Alternatively if he can turn them into good players playing attractive football and winning matches, then I will happily watch them for the rest of the season.

I understand what you're saying but he has said everyone gets a clean slate, so until he has seen in a game what we've all been watching this season, then we might have to watch them play the way they have once more before McGhee see's they can't turn their training form into match play.

I think it's probably fair to say that for this game most of the instruction on the team will be coming from Craigan. Given Taylor didn't play in either of the games he was in charge for I'd be surprised if we saw him. Law? It could go either way. It'd be a statement of sorts if he drafted in someone like Watt at right back or we saw Cadden on the bench.

It'll be interesting to see how McGhee deals with this squad, which of Baraclough's signings he's on board with and what he can get out of them.

I think it's probably fair to say that for this game most of the instruction on the team will be coming from Craigan. Given Taylor didn't play in either of the games he was in charge for I'd be surprised if we saw him. Law? It could go either way.

This. Craigan will almost certainly pick the team and perhaps set the tactics. As the game unfolds McGhee will start to see and assess individual players and gameplan and perhaps start to suggest some adjustments.

This. Craigan will almost certainly pick the team and perhaps set the tactics. As the game unfolds McGhee will start to see and assess individual players and gameplan and perhaps start to suggest some adjustments.

Also, going by the latest tweet from the club Twitter (which you can see in the shoutbox above), Stephen Robinson's still there as well.

https://twitter.com/MotherwellFC/status/654977286853238784

Am I right in thinking that when McGhee was initially appointed it was on the caveat that Leitch would be his assistant, or did I imagine that?

Perhaps we've done the same again with Robinson.

Some of these comments are unbelievable. We have just appointed a new manager and have a home game against the SPFL. champions with an almost full Fir Park. And all you can do is moan , shocking

Almost full my arse, we'll be lucky to get 9000 with it being at such a shite time and on the tv.

We'll lose 2-1 but put in an improved performance.

I do prefer McGhee's interviews to Bara's, as he at least comes across as having a clue.

Definitely!! As much as I thought Baraclough was a nice enough guy, and had some decent ideas, I never really believed he meant what he was saying, he had a definite civil servant air about him.

As much as Mcghee comes over a bit twatish a times, I think he's a proper manager and wont suffer fools. I doubt very much the players will take a loan of him like they did with our previous incumbent.

I'm more interested in seeing who plays, and if there is a reaction from the squad, than the result to be honest. The same goes for next week. Taking points from both is possible, but most of us have written these games off.

It will also be nice to see a game for a change, at breakfast time.