Motherwell V Celtic Sat 17 Oct 12:00

Yabba's Turd

There was absoluteley no movement up front on the few times we had the ball, and our general passing was terrible. Both Laing and Grimshaw had terrible first touches, and chalmers did nothing to fill me with confidence.

God knows what has happened to Johnson, but he showed nothing to suggest that he was ever a threat. Part of this may be that he is better suited to making runs wide and being played in by the midfielders, instead of working from deep.

The scoreline flattered us too, with us getting away with 2 stonewall penalties.

with us getting away with 2 stonewall penalties.

Agreed, I would have been livid if they had went against us, how the ref never gave them I will never know.

We are still a zero to one goal team, unfortunately against the better sides it is zero. Today was poor, however, I wasn’t expecting much from this one. We move on.

yes the 1st half was poor but the managers had 2 days training. hes still trying to find the right tactics to get this car crash of a squad playing at a better level. he addressed some of the issues at half time and we played better.

the amount of boos the team got at half time was embarrassing.

• Like 1

Agreed, I would have been livid if they had went against us, how the ref never gave them I will never know.

We are still a zero to one goal team, unfortunately against the better sides it is zero. Today was poor, however, I wasn’t expecting much from this one. We move on.

Yep. To be honest pretty much what I expectedbut with a better score than I was anticipating....as you say, "we move on"

Let's hope Aberdeen continue their slump, having lost their last 4 games, scoring 2 and conceding 11

He's been at the whisky again,

"We've got the makings of a good midfielder in Laing"

Shudders and remember s Malcolm getting used over and over again

I wasn't expecting much, but even that wasn't delivered.

If anything I'm more concerned with whoever advised McGhee prior to this game will still have influence in how it all pans out

• Like 1

Celtic put out probably the worst back four they've had in 20 years and what do we do, play the full first half in our own box with Louis Laing as a midfielder.

Poor, poor stuff. I could just about see the point of it at 0-0 but as soon as we went 0-1 down it should have been changed, to not do it then, or even at half time was utterly baffling.

How many Old Firm results have we had were Keith Lasley wasn't a huge part of it? To leave him out today was a strange move. Injury or being rested?

Celtic dominated but I didn't think they were really that good today. For me they were there for the taking and yet there seemed to be a paucity of ambition to actually do anything other than get a 0-0.

Tactically we got it wrong but the level of basic technique shown by the players today was abysmal. Can't pass, no movement, no pace, scared to put a foot in, no determination.

Unfortunately I think a lot of the players that have been brought in over the last couple of seasons just aren't good enough for this level of football.

• Like 1

Dreadful stuff from a home team.

We are terrible in defence, why setup to defend?

One of the worst ever celtic backlines, why give them time and freedom to play passes and stroll forward? Press and draw mistakes.

How on earth did Johnson find his way into the team, nevermind last 70odd minutes.

I know our season will not be defined by this 1 game, but I can't stomach laying down

down.

Kennedy and Grimshaw played well considering.

Besides the game,Griffiths should be pulled up for posing for a photo with the wee cretin that jumped onto the park at halftime.

I would think McGhee was being canny with Lasley and his ancient legs. Much more winnable game next week vs Dons where he'll be needed

Im not too sure. Did Lasley get much game time under McGhee in his first spell? Phil, Hughes, Klimpl, Boab etc all played a fair bit. I cant remember Las being an ever present but maybe im wrong. Also heard mcghee's interview where he was full of praise for Laing and reckons there is a midfielder there. Could the writing be on the wall for the skipper? Hope not because he could actually play well at the back of a three man midfield with Pearo and Grimshaw.

Im not too sure. Did Lasley get much game time under McGhee in his first spell? Phil, Hughes, Klimpl, Boab etc all played a fair bit. I cant remember Las being an ever present but maybe im wrong. Also heard mcghee's interview where he was full of praise for Laing and reckons there is a midfielder there. Could the writing be on the wall for the skipper? Hope not because he could actually play well at the back of a three man midfield with Pearo and Grimshaw.

Lasley still has a role to play in a 3 man centre midfield but his times well and truly up if we play 442

4-5-1 with Laing presumably deployed at holding mid to add additional height at set pieces and to break up play. Poor first half where they ran rings round us, better 2nd where we actually went at them a bit. Thought organisation, discipline and late energy in 2nd was decent, will still take a coupla weeks for the MM effect to fully bed in, but not totally discouraged.

Was as poor as we have been against Celtic.

Maybe not surprising as they are built to compete in the Champions league., albeit poorly!

McGhee will need a few games to get up to speed. We have played better and lost more heavily, so will have to accept it and move on to next week and the more important games v teams about us. Could have been a hammering, but they stuck at it 2nd half and morale should be OK as oppose to a 5 or 6 nil.

Hopefully Thistle, Killie and Unites lose this weekend.