Poll On The Possible Return Of Mark Mcghee

superward

Would you welcome the return of Mark McGhee?  

178 members have voted

1. 1. Would you welcome the return of Mark McGhee?

• Yes
    • No

Good appointment. The suggestion his record is awful can be discounted straight off, it will be as credible or better as the the other 69 applicants.

We have been utter pish for what seems like forever, I'm totally fed up with it. I believe McGhee can get a tune from this squad, and get us passing the ball again, and that alone is enough to overlook the guy's slightly aloof manner.

You think we can find a manager who wouldn't ditch us for the Hearts, Aberdeen, Scotland, Celtic job - wise up.

There should be a 3rd option....not the choice I'd have gone for, but I'm not going to act like a fud and burn my season ticket at Motherwell Cross at the thought of shovel-face being in the managers office.

Our Club has had far too much trauma over the past 18-24months and we need a sustained, settled period. A section of our support acting like wankers, and not backing the Club is not a good thing at this present time.

• Like 10

There should be a 3rd option....not the choice I'd have gone for, but I'm not going to act like a fud and burn my season ticket at Motherwell Cross at the thought of shovel-face being in the managers office.

Our Club has had far too much trauma over the past 18-24months and we need a sustained, settled period. A section of our support acting like wankers, and not backing the Club is not a good thing at this present time.

Ma poll, ma rules ;-)

Believing any result of this poll is representative of our fanbase is folly. Only voted for by usual suspects & board sycophants. At least my trainers will still be in style when I go back.

Take it you voted 'No' then?

I would say 150 odd responses is a fairly decent amount to believe it is a good representation of this board. Wether it is representative of the fanbase is another thing. I tend to think this board usually shows the more passionate views at either end of the scale in regards any argument but the fanbase in the ground is in general more middle ground.

I voted no because it's not an appointment that has inspired me at all. I'm inclined to agree with others that I'm not going to wet my pants and never go back to FP but I certainly won't be singing from the rooftops about it.

I guess I wanted the experience etc. but hoped for someone that hadn't managed the club before. I suppose the thing to bear in mind is that of the team he managed originally in his first tenure at FP only Hammell, Lasley and Clarkson remain, so I'm hoping he'll do what he did first time around with the remainder and get some arses kicked into gear.

I wouldn't be surprised to see several faces disappear in January, right enough.

Take it you voted 'No' then?

I would say 150 odd responses is a fairly decent amount to believe it is a good representation of this board. Wether it is representative of the fanbase is another thing. I tend to think this board usually shows the more passionate views at either end of the scale in regards any argument but the fanbase in the ground is in general more middle ground.

150 odd out of a membership of erm, how many? Hardly representative.

Believing any result of this poll is representative of our fanbase is folly. Only voted for by usual suspects & board sycophants. At least my trainers will still be in style when I go back.

vQWgXIb.gif

Voted no. Not delighted, but not bothered either way really. I wanted someone fresh and different, but happy to get behind McGhee, in the hope he gets us playing decent football again.

Wasn't overly bothered by the manner in which he left. The Hearts debacle was ridiculous as well, but my main gripe with him was/will again be his perpetual sycophancy to ra shellic.

If there was an 'Aye, I suppose, while sighing deeply' option, I'd have had that.

He wouldn't have been my pick, and he's already pissed me off as I mentioned in another thread. However, my answers to the important questions:

Am I burning my season ticket, throwing my scarf on the pitch or having a tantrum? No.

Do I hope he proves me wrong and has huge success at the 'Well, starting with putting the manky mob to the sword on Saturday? Abso-fucking-lutely.

• Like 1