Best Well Game You've Attended

StipeIsGod

Well. Recently, due to various on and off pitch reasons, there have been a swathe of topics veering from the unpleasant to the miserable and back again. I've contributed to these, I must admit.

So, in the interests of positivity, I want to ask what the 'best' Motherwell game you've attended is, and why. Can be for what it meant, the joy it gave you, whatever.

Cup final day for many (I'm too young), Skippy Sunday or the play offs for some, because it was against the filth, or perhaps the 6-6 game v Hibs (I left early and damn near put a hole in my gran's ceiling when we equalised)

Mine has to be the 6-2 Livingston game. Ridiculous season, and then, as a kid, watching McFadden score 3, including a Panenka penalty and his big daft grin on getting the armband just blew me away. Along with singing away to Berti Vogts and being behind his car en route home.

Seen better games, better results and all bar silverware, but that still makes me grin.

• Like 1

Probably the cup semi replay vs Celtic in 91. Thought the chance was gone after the first game, you always felt that against the Old Firm you only got the one chance against them in cup games. After a pretty miserable 1st half it looked like that was going to be true again. But 2nd half was fantastic 3 stunning goals and the rest is history.

• Like 1

I can remember the occasion of the 91 cup final, but not really the game. The best single match I've attended would be the CIS semi final against hearts at Easter road in 2005.

My son was born a few weeks earlier, so my brother and I had a few pre match shots to celebrate. That year was when this board was probably at its peak, and the cup run added to it, and the atmosphere in the ground was great. The whole occasion of the semi was awesome, and the game itself encapsulated all that is Motherwell, with us throwing away a lead then leaving it to an unlikely hero to pull it back. Then slating said hero for the remainder of his tenure.

Still can't find any decent highlights online to share, although many of us have the dvd, which I'm going to fire on now since I'm working from home.

Off the top of my head, it's another vote for the '91 Cup Semi Replay from me, even if I did get hit with a rock on the way out. Beating Rangers 3-0 at home a few weeks later to hand Aberdeen a golden chance of winning the league is up there too, even though Aberdeen then bottled it.

6-6 hibs.

at 6-2 I Remember standing up and singing "were gonnie win 7-6, were gonnie win 7-6" and getting dirty looks from some around me. then we scored 6-3, sang it again, same looks. 6-4 sang it again - some folk joined in. 6-5 loads joined in. Incredible game

CIS Cup semi v Hearts 3-2 at Easter road - just for the "Come on Fitzy!....... YAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSS"

I only started going regularly around 2003 and I missed skippy Sunday and the fitzy game. Off the top of my head the 6-6 game vs hibs, the 2-2 game at St Johnstone in Jim Gannon's first league was a cracker, pumping St Johnstone in the Scottish cup semi, the 2-2 game at Hearts in the game after Phil what a comeback that day, pumping thistle 5-1 a few seasons ago, coming back from 2-0 down to win 3-2 at Easter road or winning 1-0 at Celtic when Bob Malcolm got sent off are all candidates.

The winner for me though is fucking the h**s 3-0 to stay up last season what a relief and what a sing song. That was the first time id seen us beat a team called "Rangers" live.

• Like 1

Been a good few, though within the last 10 years or so the two cup semis against Hearts and St Johnstone, the 6-6 against Hibs, all the games against Celtic at Fir Park that we beat them though the best of all the 3-0 against Rangers. Can hear Twist and Shout in my ears just thinking about it.

Dortmund away

semi final replay 91

twist & shout day, fir park

midweek game at ibrox 93ish?? beat them 2-1.....Doooooougie!!!!!!!!

Cup final day 91............bit too nervous to enjoy it fully tho.

Any of Davie Hay's 81/82 season......first full season I had a childs season ticket....went to every game with my dad that season home & away...still have the programmes.

Hard to put them in order......just been a privilege to have so many good memories connected to Motherwell FC

The St. Mirren cup game against Fergie's team was memorable for the atmosphere and the result - although not so much the quality of the game.

Given the circumstances this weekend, I also have fond memories of a Hearts game at Fir Park where Joe Wark gifted them an opening goal - a rare event to say the least - and then played like a man possessed for the the remainder, setting up a goal for us and leading us to a 4 - 2 victory.

Then there was the famous Killie 5 - 4 game with Mr. McVie's early bath in the second half.

Away from home, the Cowdenbeath cup tie where it seemed like half of Lanarkshire turned up to watch us win was a great day out.

Away from home, the Cowdenbeath cup tie where it seemed like half of Lanarkshire turned up to watch us win was a great day out.

I was there weeyin and it was mobbed. We had beaten Celtic 3-2 in the previous round and If my memory serves me correct we ran out 2-0 winners. After a quarter final marathon against Hibs, Rangers knocked us out in ‘that game’. :angry: We should have been in the final that year against Hearts.

What a question, the sort that really brings a flood of memories! Do the masters count? The year Gerry Britton played for Celtic and we won the tournament at Braehead! Trip down to Manchester was special as well.

As for the real team.... 6-6 game was incredible- one of the last attended by my father (Deaddogman) which made it extra special on a personal level! The comeback and the "We want 7" chants. The reaction of the bench hen Jutkiewicz scored. The sheer chaos of the game made it forever memorable

The cup semis against Hearts and St Johnstone were fun! Great games and fantastic performances. Notable mentions go to the Uncle Phil games (United and Hearts double header), the play offs, every time we beat Celtic!

24.1.76 Scottish Cup Motherwell 3 Celtic 2. Come back from two down at half time with Willie P streaking away and battering in the winner right in front of us. No segregation so surrounded by Celtic fans. So fed up at Half Time that we downed our substantial carry out before the start of the second half. From what I can remember I really enjoyed that 45 minutes and being in their midst just made it all the sweeter. God knows how we got out alive.

Think they had cuffed us at Fir Park a few weeks earlier so we had been written off.

Reading other posts, I can remember most of the games and in truth any one of them would make my list. Privilaged.

• Like 1