Best Well Game You've Attended

StipeIsGod

I'm glad to say there has been loads. But a few that stand out. 2-2 last game of the season when van Der gaag blasted the free kick in and kept us up.

2-1 v Celtic with Dolan in goals and Ian Ross scoring winner.

2-2 v Celtic at hampden when Tommy coyne lobbed keeper.

But the 3-1 at ibrox will forever stay with me.

The atmosphere was fantastic. The team were great. We 900 outsang 55000 of them. My Dad with the biggest smile I've ever seen.

And a special mention for the game against Flamutari at Airdrie. My wee boys first game and since then he is a true due hard Motherwell fan and season ticket holder.

A few crackers been mentioned already. I'd add..

4-1 against Hibs, Faddy's first goal on his return and Higginbotham's belter.

Beating Partick 4-3 season before last with McManus' late goal. Remember jumping about with my wee boy in my arms both of us going mental. Remember thinking that it doesn't get better than this...

• Like 1

Had a think, but couldn't answer. To be honest, I loved all the games I went to win, lose or draw. Cheesy I know, but I loved getting off the train and walking up Airbles Rd to Fir Park with that feeling of nervous anticipation in my belly. Old Firm, Dortmund, Ayr Utd, didn't matter - always loved that walk, always loved that feeling, always felt like we could get something from the game. I really miss it, really do. Every Saturday morning at 9am my time I know exactly what I'd be doing if I was still in Scotland. Wish all you miserable moaning bastards wouldn't take it for granted so much.

• Like 4

Wasn't at the cup final since I was 1 at the time so i'll go with the obvious 6-6.Not far behind would be the 3-0 v Rangers, 4-3 in that replayed Hibs game 4-4 against Celtic, 3-1 against Celtic, 3-0 against St Johnstone.

Higgys hat trick that night! The fact that 2/3s of the crowd hadn't attended the first game made for one of the busiest midweek fixture I've ever been too.

Wow,so many memories. Dunfermline 2-2 more for VDG Goal than the game. was right in line with it in the Cooper. Dortmund at home was my first euro game. Nancy away was my first euro trip (was in wi the Nancy fans and they were blown away by us,theyd never seen anything like our march and noise they said). Hearts CIS Cup semi more for Fitzys goal. 6-6 game cause even at 5-1/6-2 I had a weird feeling wed get something. Caley this season as it was my Daughters first game and she still goes on about it. The 91 Cup final cause we won,it was an amazing game and we kept getting hugged by jubilant tearful fellow fans,was amazing. Last Seasons play offs,Rangers were/are fucking dismal but I was convinced wed bottle it. Beating Nairn County pre-season 5-0 in the Kampmann era as my mate made his County debut in goal at 17 and got motm inc saving an Owen Coyle pen. watching us in a champions league game (ok qualifier) but my favourite has to be the Cup replay v Celtic in 91. Hung in and weathered the storm then blew them away in the second half. All 4 of our goals were brilliant. Im sure there are others ive missed

Beating Partick 4-3 season before last with McManus' late goal. Remember jumping about with my wee boy in my arms both of us going mental. Remember thinking that it doesn't get better than this...

The abuse Higginbotham got that day was tremendous after he celebrated in front of the East Stand. Sure he got a double?

Personally, it's the 6-5 Aberdeen game, was on the sofa ill watching the 6-6 game.

Got 3 favourite games but finding it hard to put into order

Hearts away after phil's death, the comeback and support was amazing

Fitzy scoring at easter road infront of the well fans

And beating rangers at ibrox in the play offs,due to it being the 1st time i have seen us win at ibrox while being at it

Had a think, but couldn't answer. To be honest, I loved all the games I went to win, lose or draw. Cheesy I know, but I loved getting off the train and walking up Airbles Rd to Fir Park with that feeling of nervous anticipation in my belly. Old Firm, Dortmund, Ayr Utd, didn't matter - always loved that walk, always loved that feeling, always felt like we could get something from the game. I really miss it, really do. Every Saturday morning at 9am my time I know exactly what I'd be doing if I was still in Scotland. Wish all you miserable moaning bastards wouldn't take it for granted so much.

I like it here but really really really, yes really, miss going to the games.

4-2 v Celtic in the 91 replay for me. Particularly loved Psycho's goal.

I' ve been lucky to have seen a lot mentioned earlier. Favourite goal I've seen was Billy Davies v Partick when we won 3-1 with McLeish as manager.

Was this 1996/97?

I remember it at Firhill well. I was living as a first year student 10 mins walk from Maryhill. Great memories of that day!

Motherwell 4 Celtic 4

30 July 2005

We got stuffed by a late Craig Beattie goal, but what a game.

My stepdaughter was 12 and it is the first game I took her to against the old firm and in the East Stand, as previously we'd gone to the last few in the family section at the main stand. I think she swore more than I did that day and that is saying something!

Felt robbed after the game, but the atmosphere was electric.

Forgot this one, the game where Jamie Dolan had to go in goal, Billiy Davies scored a header, Andy Roddie had a good game, and Ian Ross scored the winner. Somehow my mate missed every goal, he was seething.

I miss the games too. Even the cold 0-0s at Rugby Park and Pittodrie.

Motherwell 3 Celtic 2 cup match.

Every Texaco Cup game.

All the matches mentioned earlier.

I'll throw in the Motherwell v St Mirren (Fergie) cup match at FirPark. Crushed inside FirPark that day and they did have half the support that day. Approx 15-16k supporting each team. Great atmosphere!

Reading through this thread, many of the games mentioned are bringing back some great memories.

Some games that stick in my mind weren't classics but had some great goals/ moments.

The one that I often recall is beating Dundee 2-1 at Dens. All the Dundee fans turned out to see Cannigia on his home debut. We were 2 up first 10 mins with Stuart Elliott getting a double, I'm sure two headers. Another goal I remember was against Dundee, Steve McMillan free kick at fir park near the end right into the top corner. Atmosphere at Easter Rd for the league cup semi, the atmosphere at Pittodrie 1-1 (Murphy Sco Cup) and after Craig Reid scored from a yard out. Nancy away. Odense away.... Ryan's bar. I was thoroughly delighted when so many Well fans that sit around me left early 6-2 down to Hibs on our last home game of the season (traditionally the team come into the pitch etc) providing me with a practically empty row to run and jump onto some random Well fan at 6-6. David Ferrerre's hat trick. Phil O'Donnell and my mum passed away within two days of each other and despite not even being at the 2-2 draw at Tynecastle- infact I was in Paris at the top of the Eiffel tower for my mother in laws birthday when I got a text update from my dad to say Porter 2-2 I remember the feeling of elation and I was no where near the game. Beating Hearts 6-1. Beating Rangers 6-1 over two games. So many great games/ times watching Motherwell, usually accompanied with some real frustration, for every James McFadden there's a hundred Andy Roddies.

its 4 memorable games for me, 1st was the 91 cup final and seeing us win a major trophy, then the cup winners cup tie in Katowice our first European game.

The next 2 are the 6-6 game with Hibs at Fir park what a thing of beauty Jutkewitz's goal was and the last one was against Panathinikos, i never ever thought i would turn up at Fir park to see Motherwell in a champions league game.