Poll On Fan Behaviour

underboyleheating

Poll about fan behaviour at football games  

130 members have voted

1. 1. How many Steelmen Online members have had dealings with the police or stewards which has resulted in them being ejected, arrested or charged due to their behaviour at a football match?

• I have never been spoken to by the police or stewards about my behaviour at a football match
    • I have been warned by the police or stewards about my behaviour at a football match
    • I have been detained and released without charge as a result of my behaviour at a football match
    • I have been arrested and charged as a result of my behaviour at a football match

With all the chat on alleged fan victimisation by police and stewards, I have decided to start a poll to find out how many posters on here have had ‘personal dealings’ with the authorities due to their perceived actions at a football match.

Answer honestly, and if possible leave details of the incident and outcome.

I have personally had no dealings with the police, however, I did sit near the ‘Bovril Two’ boys (remember that incident?) when they were unfairly banned (in my opinion) from games for throwing a cup of the popular meat flavoured beverage onto the playing surface.

The game at Firhill when we spanked Thistle a couple of years back i had a steward try and grab me for no reason so i put my hand on his chest to stop him coming any closer to me, i then told him to fuck off. He left the section and within 10 mins i knew i was getting lifted, the section was surrounded by police and stewards and i could feel them all staring at me.

They waited till the end of the game when we were all leaving and i was grabbed and cuffed then took down pitchside till the van showed up and took me away. In the time between being cuffed and the van showing up the police told me that i was fine to deal with and they didn't think i'd done anything wrong but they had to act on the accusation against me.

I was took to maryhill cells (lovely place it is) was charged and spent 5 hours sitting on my fuckin blue gym mat reading my rights on the leaflet they gave me. When i got my letter to attend court i was gave a copy of his statement which was a complete bullshit lie from start to finish, he claimed i had punched him 3 times causing him to fall on the stairs, this was also backed up by a female colleague of his who apparently seen the full incident even though there was no females in our section.

I spent the next year and a half going to court with the case being adjourned twice because the female witness was refusing to give evidence.

The case was only thrown out July this year so for that year and a half i had this case hanging over my head which if i'd been found guilty of i would have lost my job.

I went through all of that just because of a wee jumped up fanny who thought because of his yellow jacket he was a copper and could treat fans like shit and get none in return plus a stupid wee cow who also lied through her teeth to back up his totally stupid and untrue story.

I would love for someone in the media to actually make a documentary by going with some sort of hidden camera to football around Scotland for a full season to show properly how away fans get treated by arsehole stewards and police. Its the only way to bring attention to what is becoming a big problem in our game.

Sorry i rabbled on a bit but in short most stewards are wankers.

• Like 2

On top of that as well because i'm in full time employment I didn't qualify for legal aid even though the case was thrown out my legal costs were over £800.

It’s a flawed system when you can be found not guilty, however, you still have to pay £800 costs. Mental.

There isn't an option for "banned from fir park for 5 years for fuck all"

:lol:

The stewards and police I dealt with were fairly apologetic about the situation to be fair to them.

The clubs head of security was a lieing bastard though, because the video evidence he claimed to have would have shown clearly what a farce the whole situation was.

• Like 1

Not arrested but chucked out with sbcmfc and the subsequent ban. Absolute nonsense. Only missed one home game (the game immediately after the ban) for the rest of the season. Had a season ticket under a different name for the next four seasons. We did sit in the main stand on our first game back in a semi undercover mode. Those were the days!

I think the only time was a long time ago at Ibrox, might have been the cup replay after the infamous Stevie Woods gaff.

I took my seat and had two coppers standing in front of me completely blocking my view. I assumed they'd move eventually but didn't. After a while I asked them nicely if they'd move because I couldn't see anything and got the usual arrogant response that you seem to get from police every time you interact from them. Then things got a bit heated and I lost my temper after being spoken to in such away after a pretty innocuous request.

Think I just ended up leaving cos we were getting gubbed and I couldn't even see anything.

And just like to mention the complete twat in front of me in row C of the Cooper yesterday. When Ciftci scores, he unleashes "F*** off ya Turkish c***". Was in two minds about whether to report him to polis for racist abuse, however having two young kids with me didn't want scenes kicking off in front of them. Also Cooper is meant to be a family stand. Complete walloper.

• Like 1

Not arrested but chucked out with sbcmfc and the subsequent ban. Absolute nonsense. Only missed one home game (the game immediately after the ban) for the rest of the season. Had a season ticket under a different name for the next four seasons. We did sit in the main stand on our first game back in a semi undercover mode. Those were the days!

Justice for the Bovril 2!

the 3rd option of arrested but released without charge is a void option as it cant happen in scotland, if your arrested then you are charged, its only in england that you are arrested on suspicion but can after investigation be released without charge.[/quote

Terminology is the fault here- detained and released would be more appropriate but let's face it, you're the only one who cares about this little issue.

the 3rd option of arrested but released without charge is a void option as it cant happen in scotland, if your arrested then you are charged, its only in england that you are arrested on suspicion but can after investigation be released without charge.[/quote

Terminology is the fault here- detained and released would be more appropriate but let's face it, you're the only one who cares about this little issue.

Detained (until the last train has gone) and released is how it normally goes.

well you seem to care enough to reply

Not at a 'Well game, but got spoken at Scotland vs Lithania years ago me and my mates were sitting right at back row anf were constantly told to sit down by wee tough guy steward. Problem is, everyone in front was on their feet so we kept standing. He came over and (as I was on the end) tried to force me onto my seat by pulling my arm. Me being a clear foot taller than him just turned and laughed and told him to jog on, which he did.

10mins later police came and spoke to me about asaulting the steward. Gobsmacked, was taken away to speak to them. My mate, who saw all this happen, followed me. Police were very aggressive toward him until he uttered the words "It was hillarious, I videoed it all on my phone".

Shows clip on the phone, police apologise. Steward is sent to another area while I give him the fingers!