Mcghee Haters

prideoflanarkshire

Started this topic so all the McGhee haters can post their crap somewhere that we all don't need to read about it.

Get over it. He's back as our manager. Build a bridge and get over it. Back the team and manager to get us out this mess we are in.

Many players have done the same as McGhee and welcomed back with open arms McDonald and Pero to name a few.

Everyone else doesn't want to read your negative pessimistic views just cause you can't stand McGhee

• Like 3

Speaking amongst our group and to those around us in the POD Stand yesterday none were upset by his appointment. As a few others said, the other known names in the frame did not inspire confidence. One respected member of our group indeed remarked that through conversing with McGhee, his knowledge of football is second to none, as opposed to others who just sound impressive.

So is this the thread where the Holier Than Thou posters will steer clear?

In which case, I think I'll drop back in to see what the chat is from time to time - much rather read balanced opinions than happy clappy shite from folk who seem to think being a football fan is a competition.

• Like 3

So is this the thread where the Holier Than Thou posters will steer clear?

In which case, I think I'll drop back in to see what the chat is from time to time - much rather read balanced opinions than happy clappy shite from folk who seem to think being a football fan is a competition.

Is there anybody that ever posts on here that actually falls into the "happy clappy" category?

Is there anybody that ever posts on here that actually falls into the "happy clappy" category?

This thread was started for absolutely no reason other than to identify "haters", which apart from being shite chat in itself, categorises the fans. If you're into that kind of thing then I would suggest that alludes to you being happy, and indeed, clappy as it's clear people only want to do this to shine a big light on themselves as a superfan. It's absolutely cringeworthy patter and this forum is full of it.

• Like 1

This thread was started for absolutely no reason other than to identify "haters", which apart from being shite chat in itself, categorises the fans. If you're into that kind of thing then I would suggest that alludes to you being happy, and indeed, clappy as it's clear people only want to do this to shine a big light on themselves as a superfan. It's absolutely cringeworthy patter and this forum is full of it.

This forum is also full of negativity; awash with it in fact. If you don't agree with a topic or thread being raised then just ignore it as others may wish to contribute. Not every member has to contribute to every thread. Live and let live.

To be fair much of the negativity aired in these forums has been warranted over recent years.

From Dempster overspending to McCall throwing the towel in, from the WS not being fit for purpose to Baraclough being out his depth, many concerns have been proven.

Regarding McGhee, I think he is a poor appointment but he'll get the backing of most, including myself, if he can get us looking like a semi-competent football team again.

To be fair much of the negativity aired in these forums has been warranted over recent years.

From Dempster overspending to McCall throwing the towel in, from the WS not being fit for purpose to Baraclough being out his depth, many concerns have been proven.

Of course, a degree of negativity is warranted and perfectly understandable although I don't agree with all of your individual points but thats a matter for another place and time. A secondary issue however.

My point was that Frazzie criticised Prideoflanarkshire & Weeyin for firstly starting a thread and secondly posting on the issue of "happy clappy" fans which as I understand it implied that there was an over-representation of negativity on the site. He / she then went on to say that there was also an overemphasis on self gratification and self promotion. There is some yes, but not that much. There are other more common and more important posting trends which they could have highlighted instead - trolling (not in the way that some posters think) and cyberbullying.

In my view reasonable and informed discussion is to be welcomed and encouraged. Anything should be up for discussion but personal abuse should not be tolerated. Personally I enjoy reading views which are different to my own as it makes me think. Sometimes I'm right and sometimes I'm wrong but hey thats life. I'd like to see the site win back the many posters who have left or been driven out or indeed the many lurkers.

Apologies for going a bit off topic.

• Like 3

Of course, a degree of negativity is warranted and perfectly understandable although I don't agree with all of your individual points but thats a matter for another place and time. A secondary issue however.

My point was that Frazzie criticised Prideoflanarkshire & Weeyin for firstly starting a thread and secondly posting on the issue of "happy clappy" fans which as I understand it implied that there was an over-representation of negativity on the site. He / she then went on to say that there was also an overemphasis on self gratification and self promotion. There is some yes, but not that much. There are other more common and more important posting trends which they could have highlighted instead - trolling (not in the way that some posters think) and cyberbullying.

In my view reasonable and informed discussion is to be welcomed and encouraged. Anything should be up for discussion but personal abuse should not be tolerated. Personally I enjoy reading views which are different to my own as it makes me think. Sometimes I'm right and sometimes I'm wrong but hey thats life. I'd like to see the site win back the many posters who have left or been driven out or indeed the many lurkers.

Apologies for going a bit off topic.

Definitely a she.

I'm not saying people should never be positive or never be negative- I think I probably sit somewhere near the middle on the McGhee appointment- but the absolute bawbaggery of starting up a thread "just for the haters" is quite stunning.

Not something I'd have done but the original poster is quite entitled to have done so. I can understand his/her reason for doing so.

In his 2 full seasons, McCall had a better winning percentage than McGhee's best.

McCall also didn't whore himself for any vacancies ;)

So you don't think McCall's last season and his "oh poor me I can't sleep" performances were to do with him getting the Rankers job? He had this set up for months. I think he wanted club to sack him and they would not do it. I think this was as much whoring than McGhee.

• Like 2

So you don't think McCall's last season and his "oh poor me I can't sleep" performances were to do with him getting the Rankers job? He had this set up for months. I think he wanted club to sack him and they would not do it. I think this was as much whoring than McGhee.

Nope, I don't think it was anything close to that.

He could have left at the end if his last full season and been a strong candidate for the Rangers job. It seems pretty clear he stayed on one more season (one season too long as it turned out) because he wanted a run at some silverware. That ended prematurely, even by our standards, and then I think him, and the rest of the team, ended up somewhat demotivated.

The bad luck with injuries played a part too, but can't really complain too much as we had good luck the seasons we were best of the rest.

In a couple of interviews, he also sounded genuinely pissed off that Baraclough was given access to a lot more resources under the new owner that he was denied in the first half of the season.

• 1 year later...