Clarkson

1-0 Aberdeen

....................Ripley

Law Mcmanus Kennedy Chalmers

Grimshaw Lasley Pearson Johnson

............Fletcher Moult

subs: Samson, Laing, Ainsworth, Robinson, Taylor, Thomas, McDonald

edit:

Aberdeen: Ward, Logan, Shinnie, Taylor, Reynolds, McLean, Rooney, McGinn, Hayes, Pawlett, Jack

Aberdeen subs: Brown, Smith, Robson, Quinn, Goodwillie, McLaughlin, Parker

With Ainsworth and Hammell out, I can live with that...

Ainsworth makes the bench, so some hope

I'm struggling after many months watching and finding nothing in the starting performances of Chalmers, Johnson, and to a lesser extent with Fletcher, but understand McGhee wants to see them based on the coaches input.

why do we have to go through the same learning process over and over with so many staff having watched them over the longer period?

yet others (having flaws of their own) dont seem to get the starts these guys get, but deliver more in short appearanaces

Hopefully one of the changes is down to someone having had a quiet word about Laing, anyone that witnessed his lack of control or tackling at East Fife would surely not allow a manager to pursue his very public promotion of the lad, fine to develop him on the QT

....................Ripley

Law Mcmanus Kennedy Chalmers

Grimshaw Lasley Pearson Johnson

............Fletcher Moult

subs: Samson, Laing, Ainsworth, Robinson, Taylor, Thomas, McDonald

Chances of us actually playing a 4-4-2 formation?

Ainsworth makes the bench, so some hope

I'm struggling after many months watching and finding nothing in the starting performances of Chalmers, Johnson, and to a lesser extent with Fletcher, but understand McGhee wants to see them based on the coaches input.

why do we have to go through the same learning process over and over with so many staff having watched them over the longer period?

yet others (having flaws of their own) dont seem to get the starts these guys get, but deliver more in short appearanaces

Hopefully one of the changes is down to someone having had a quiet word about Laing, anyone that witnessed his lack of control or tackling at East Fife would surely not allow a manager to pursue his very public promotion of the lad, fine to develop him on the QT

Fletcher hasn't done much wrong in my eyes. Looked sharp at the start of the season prior to injury. Chalmers and Johnson, I agree haven't been great but not many other options there. Thomas flatters to deceive a bit, and Johnson looking bereft of confidence, don't know if dropping him would achieve desired upturn in form.

Law at right back is another issue. Didn't do much wrong last week and provided our best cross. Is he the answer long term? Probably not but I reckon I've got more chance of a comeback than Craig Reid and for whatever reason Luke Watt isn't considered ready (wrongly in my opinion) so we'll probably persevere with Law there. Grimshaw playing there would be an option but I reckon we'd miss his workrate in the middle of the park...

• Like 2

Chances of us actually playing a 4-4-2 formation?

Under McGhee I'd normally say unlikely, and go 4-3-3, as he nearly always favours with the attempt to have the front 3 rotate, and use his much mocked but often successful triangles theory

but his interviews mentioned matching opposition a few times this week.

something else to wait and watch for I suppose

Sadly, after only 11 games I am finding myself looking to other teams around us and hoping they don’t get a positive result. Today I am hoping Dundee can take all three points from Killie and Hamilton can do similar against Partick Thistle. I am also hoping that Celtic can take a few off Dundee United tomorrow.

Sadly, after only 11 games I am finding myself looking to other teams around us and hoping they dont get a positive result. Today I am hoping Dundee can take all three points from Killie and Hamilton can do similar against Partick Thistle. I am also hoping that Celtic can take a few off Dundee United tomorrow.

Completely agree.

I mentioned this the other day.

It was the same last season.

It's a shite state of affairs where the best you can hope for is a narrow defeat and the other teams round about you not picking up points but that's where we are.

Sadly, after only 11 games I am finding myself looking to other teams around us and hoping they don’t get a positive result. Today I am hoping Dundee can take all three points from Killie and Hamilton can do similar against Partick Thistle. I am also hoping that Celtic can take a few off Dundee United tomorrow.

You must be pleased with Dundee Utd then. Although a bit depressing to think the only league win they've had this season was against us.