Aberdeen V Motherwell Sat 24 Oct 15:00

Yabba's Turd

Personally I think Pawlett is active. But 99.9% of the times that you see a player in that type of position the ref rules inactive unless they touch or go for the ball or an opposition player moves for them. It is a silly rule like I said...far too open to interpretation for a split second decision.

Still think he is just on when the actual ball is hit. If it was us I would be saying on.

With the angle that shot is inconclusive in respect of Rooney. Pawlett didn't make a play for the ball so by the letter of the law is inactive. Overall it is a tough call either way - if we had marked their best forward it wouldn't have been an issue.

From google re law 11 offside,

Being in an offside position is not an offence in itself; at the moment the ball touches or is played by the player's team, the player must also be "actively involved in the play" in the opinion of the referee, in order for an offence to occur.[

Yes, very much a grey area. I'd say though that if a player is in an offside position on the opposite side of the field to where play is taking place then he would clearly not be active. However if its within a few metres of the ball or where play is taking place or the goalkeeper, then he should be deemed to be active. On this occasion, as in many previous ones against us the Dons got the rub of the green.

• Like 1

There is not a chance in hell Pawett isn't "active".

They did tinker the rule so that you don't have to touch the ball to be active but ref's need to have this clarified. Having a player metres from the ball is clearly causing a distraction there for interfering.

• Like 1

You mean like when Big Handsome fouled Langfield and Craig Reid tapped the ball in?

Never a foul in my view. Clangers comes out, hesitates and stops and has to jump from a standing start. At that point big John Jumps for it and yes makes contact with Langfield's body. Clangers knows he's made a mess of it and falls to the deck holding his face, despite being hit on the shoulder.

Also I never watched but I heard the BBC highlights weren't a true reflection comapred to the youtube highlights. Was this true?

BBC higlights made it look like Aberdeen had more of the game. I think they are limited to 5 mins a game whereas the youtube clip was 8mins. But definitely more Motherwell stuff got cut out of what I saw on youtube. Of course the club will edit things in our favour as well so maybe unfair to compare the two. Be interesting if someone at the game who has seen both can comment.

BBC higlights made it look like Aberdeen had more of the game. I think they are limited to 5 mins a game whereas the youtube clip was 8mins. But definitely more Motherwell stuff got cut out of what I saw on youtube. Of course the club will edit things in our favour as well so maybe unfair to compare the two. Be interesting if someone at the game who has seen both can comment.

BBC sportscene included all the key moments and clear cut chances but cut out some of the half chances/nice build up play we had. I would say it was a fair enough reflection given their time constraints.

Never a foul in my view. Clangers comes out, hesitates and stops and has to jump from a standing start. At that point big John Jumps for it and yes makes contact with Langfield's body. Clangers knows he's made a mess of it and falls to the deck holding his face, despite being hit on the shoulder.

Not to mention big Hutchy being horse-collared by Vernon (I think) as the corner was taken. There was an absolutely perfect shot of it on here after the game. I always throw that one up whenever Dons fans are (still) moaning about that to me.

Not to mention big Hutchy being horse-collared by Vernon (I think) as the corner was taken. There was an absolutely perfect shot of it on here after the game. I always throw that one up whenever Dons fans are (still) moaning about that to me.

Foul or not it still sickened them. Yas. That's the main thing.

Yes and no. I would agree we had more of the game but I would be hard pushed to think of a chance we had that was better than any of the Aberdeen ones that were included. When you only have five minutes you are going to show the best opportunities rather than try and give the viewer a feel of which team had more of the game, territory, half chances and on that basis I think they got it about right.