Aberdeen V Motherwell Sat 24 Oct 15:00

Yabba's Turd

Good game and we were unlucky not to sneak a winner at the end! Ripley also making a few saves to keep us in it after a poor start to the second half. It's been a while since I left a game after a good performance. Onwards and upwards

Everything I've read seems to suggest it was the best performance in ten games only eclipsed by the playoff final or ICT. Nice to see there's some fight and players seemingly finding the ability we all knew they had.

Heartened that McGhee seems to be pulling the right strings. After shockingly few enjoyable games and lack of a competitive edge for so long today has left me feeling optimistic.

Hopefully in the week ahead he will find where the killer instinct and having a go from 20 yards has been hiding.

A really encouraging display and certainly one of the most enjoyable games I've seen so far this season.

It was obvious from fairly early on that we looked a cut above what we'd seen for much of the campaign. There was a shape about us yet at the same time a pleasing fluidity that saw Moult and Fletcher alternate sides back and forth with both Pearson and Lasley appearing to take turns at being the most offensively minded of the central midfielders. Even Marvin Johnson was getting involved in defensive duties for crying out loud!

It was also a refreshing change to see players seemingly not scared to have a pop at goal from distance too. Okay you could perhaps argue that we got punished for not being as accurate with our finishing as we might have been but I recollect Johnson, Law and Lasley all having a go from at best the edge of the box which in itself is progress.

So it was all the more gutting then to go in behind at the break. I haven't seen the highlights back to see what the murmurings of discontent from the management have been about but it was frustrating to see the traditional ball across goal end up in the back of the net. Very very harsh on us after the first half display.

Second half we rode our luck a little early on. We were being stretched and it looked more like Aberdeen would get a second rather than us equalising. But it changed, helped in part by the substitutions. As the half wore on it actually became a really exciting and entertaining game. We got our equaliser and really began to get on top of things. They were still creating chances too, a lot on the break and forcing corners.

The last five-ten minutes was just mental. Almost akin to a cup tie where you are desperately seeking a goal to stay in the tie with both teams going for it. Again another positive was that we retained our ambition to win the game. It would have been so easy just to settle for what we had given where we are, away from home and all.

So lots to be positive about. Some excellent performances, a much needed show of togetherness from all concerned. The position we're in remains worrying, it is but one game but if we are able to replicate this display more often than not then the focus will surely soon be looking up the table rather then below us.

Judging by the highlights, a very deserved point although Aberdeen should have probably been out of sight early in 2nd half.

Highlights would suggest we were pretty ropey at the back on occasion, particularly down Chalmers side, but good to see us creating plenty chances again and getting bodies in the box. Textbook header from Skippy. If he's fit, that should be him back in the starting XI.

Credit to McGhee and the players for putting in such a shift. Hopefully we can kick on from here and it's not a false dawn like the Tannadice performance back in Jan when Pearson and Erwin impressed greatly.

Just saw the highlights. Quality movement from Rooney for Aberdeen's goal, Wes Fletcher had no idea where he was. Equally as good a goal from Ainsworth/Skippy for us, great ball in and a great header.

Also like the look of Robinson from what I've seen in highlights, should've done better with the easiest of his 3 chances though.

He said our formation was 4 3.5 2.5 with Pearo tucked in and Johnson out wide. First time I've heard that one but who cares if it works. Also pays tribute to Bara saying guys are very fit

I know what he means though. I remember exactly that Aberdeen formation he was talking about, and it was incredibly effective.

Nice to hear Josh Law getting praised on the radio.

But no doubt the usual anti Law brigade will still have a go at him.

I've stayed quiet on this but he's been a decent right back.

Always gives his all and has gone about his job well.

Maybe folk here should give him a break.

If you have been to every game you would know he's usually left covering 2 men and he never gives up.