Most Memorable Individual Performance In A 'well Shirt

fizoxy

What about Crawford Baptie's Fir Park debut against Dundee? Scored both our goals and looked like he might be a player.

Just goes to show...

I'm sure those two goals were in the first ten minutes as well. I think he made his debut in the preceding midweek game at Celtic and I was all excited because he hit the bar - you can imagine what I felt like after the Dundee game.

I'm sure those two goals were in the first ten minutes as well. I think he made his debut in the preceding midweek game at Celtic and I was all excited because he hit the bar - you can imagine what I felt like after the Dundee game.

And, from memory, we only ended up with a draw in that game.

Motherwell beat a Brazilian team, think Santos, 9-3 in the late 50s. Think Ian St. John scored six, Remember the tv reporter on late news saying it was "the best thing since sliced bread."

It was Flamenco, My dad was at the game and they had quite a few players that played in the 1970 world cup. Guys like Gerson etc. St John ran them ragged apparently.

Ally Maxwell 1991 Cup Final, holding his ribs for 40? minutes from memory. Stuck in my mind as it was the same day as the FA Cup Final where Gazza was playing his last game before heading to Lazio. He committed two of the most flagrant and vicious tackles I've ever seen, got injured but all the news focused on was how unlucky he was and no mention of Ally other than in passing. He played on stoically and was a credit to his sport.

I remember being at that game

By full time there was barely any of the Great Unwashed left in the ground

PMSL My sides were sore for days..

Was mega pissing it down that night. We were lucky that we were crammed right up to the fence.

1-0 up going into the last 10 minutes before Andy Lynch cracked 2 peaches of O.G's.

The legend that is Stevie Kirk who played 80 (?) minutes in goal v Hearts and saved a penalty!. That was in the days when we didn't have keepers on the bench

Found the footage on youtube. Jesus it was 1988, I feel old! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jlA-c626tjQ

I was going to say this one but you beat me to it.

Ali Maxwell pulling off that cup final save in the state he was in awesome.....what a great day!!!

What about Stevie Kirks four goals against st mirren in about 87 or 88?

And perhaps the best individual performance by a non player was the Katowice goalie who we were told prior to the game was well dodgey and then played an absolute blinder to keep us at bay.

Willie pettigrew for me it was 1975 played Dundee away we won 6-3 pettigrew scored 4 !!!! the following week I think we played Celtic at parkhead we won 3-2 pettigrew got 2 some of his goals were fantastic but day at dens he was brilliant

My memory is pish, so off the top of my head I can think of loads of our better players over the years and struggle to think of one particular game from them

A few off the top of my head though. Paul Lambert in Dortmund, he just seemed to go up another level. There was a 2-1 win over Rangers in 93/94 I think it was where big Sieb was amazing, midweek at Fir Park I think. Would also add McFadden in the 4-1 win over Hibs a few seasons back, genuinely thought we were going to see the real McFadden so much more than it turned out after that performance.