Mfc Podcast/well Society Q&a Evening - This Wednesday

AndyRoss

Cheers pal.

The panel were fantastic, all of them have a real passion for the club.

There's every chance we'll try something at the end of the season, but it'll be our own event with the guys that have guested over the season - I'd really like to see these guys do something at a venue which was really busy, show them that they were really appreciated at the club.

We had a raffle at the break with monies raised going to Remember Well & Alpha Boys Club - we obviously have our link with Remember Well and Alan MacDonald who runs Alpha very kindly had donated raffle prizes.

I doubt even if the Society had done more to promote the event that the attendance would have been much more. Its own events have also been poorly attended. What I would say is that the event was first advertised fairly late in the day. Such evenings should ideally be promoted say 2/3 months in advance to give folk time to put it in their diaries. Its very difficult to get folk out of their houses or out of their normal activities midweek. Many folk will have had more important things to do (in their eyes) like 5 a sides, the pub, watching TV or whatever. For yet others they won't go to a pub because they can't drink and drive. Thats the reality of it. For my part it would have involved a 3 hour round trip, otherwise I would certainly have gone.

Still good luck to the guys for promoting the event and I'd say give it another go post Christmas but advertise it well beforehand. Even then cold weather will keep folk indoors, irrespective of what its like on the night.

Really sorry to hear of the low turnout for what appeared a excellent lineup of panelists. Would have loved to have attended if I weren't on my honeymoon. Just had a listen to the first part and was thoroughly enjoyable.

Fully respect the stance the podcast guys are taking with regards to future events with the club and society, and think the fact they never made more of an effort to support this is disgraceful. Further supports claims that the society don't do remotely enough to engage with fans.

All they had to do was support this event with a mention in a newsletter, an e-shot, etc as all the work was already undertaken by you guys, and they dramatically failed on that count. As someone who works in marketing, the fact they have done nothing in response to an open invitation to piggy back on an FREE event that is being externally run and funded, offering an engaging and entertaining event baffles me. It is beyond bewildering and screams of total ineptitude and laziness.

While this may only be a minor failings in the grand scheme of things, I really have zero faith in the society at present and doubt it will improve any time soon, if at all. And it's such a shame.

I didn't go, but have paid money to go to events without a line up half as good!

Will watch out for any future ones.

A suggestion on the turnout might be a small charge, say £5, that gets you a pie and a pint, so it's effectively free, but gets folk to commit to coming and gives you an idea of how the attendance is looking in advance.

It might not have helped, you'd have just known in advance about the poor turnout, not sure there's much you could've actually done?

I didn't go, but have paid money to go to events without a line up half as good!

Will watch out for any future ones.

A suggestion on the turnout might be a small charge, say £5, that gets you a pie and a pint, so it's effectively free, but gets folk to commit to coming and gives you an idea of how the attendance is looking in advance.

It might not have helped, you'd have just known in advance about the poor turnout, not sure there's much you could've actually done?

Yeah, I think for us there will be certainly lessons learned in trying to gauge what number of people will be able to attend.

In the week's prior to the event it was a solo mission from us in regards to promotion and still four days after the event I'm totally scunnered about how it all went, that being said though I don't think we could have done that much more - we secured 4/5 of the panel, booked the venue, designed the posters etc.

Have had various conversations over the last few days over what went wrong in terms of the turn-out, organising was a very frustrating process it has to be said - I wouldn't like to be the Society trying to find more idiots like myself willing to invest the amount of time and effort that went into Wednesday for ultimately the embarrassment of having to deal with such a low turnout.

If we can combine an event with our POTY at the end of the season that would be ideal.

Was it not just your event anyway with the WS tagged on at a later date - rather than a joint thing? Or if I missed something?

I saw tweets from WS but the impression was very much it was the podcast organising and not the WS

EDIT: That sounds like it is a dig at ye but I dont mean it that way. Just trying to understand if it was meant to be joint event and WS didnt help out. Or if it was you guys and the WS were tagging along for the exposure but not organising.

I've got plans to put up part two of the Q&A later next week again that'll be on Soundcloud.

Conscious of the whole event turning into a finger pointing exercise, it's done now - hopefully those who have downloaded part one have enjoyed it, was very different hosting in front of an audience but would love to do it again.

Andy you know how much I love the podcast, and I would have loved to be there - but midweek just doesn't suit me due to family and work commitments. For me personally, a midweek just doesn't suit - there would be too much running around from work, take the weans somewhere for someone to watch them, back to the house to drop the car off, then how do I get to Motherwell? How do I get the kids back?

I thought your panel were excellent and as someone else mentioned, its great that you got the commitment from some of the guys who still hold the club close to their heart - I hope it doesn't put them or others off in future

keep up the good work and don't be disheartened - maybe one reason why the podcast is so successful is because there are more folk like me out there who have busy family lives and the podcast is a great way to catch up on the go, or when the kids are sleeping

• Like 1