Sportscene

McCusker

He doesn't seem popular especially with the Celtic fans , so for that reason he is ok with me. I don't really see why he's unpopular , he knows the game , been around for a while , likes to reminisce, likes his music and supports a provincial club.......what's not to like?

He seems an easy target for people

You have got to be kidding right?

At the risk of upsetting Superward by still talking about Chic Young you only need to see how much was in the pockets of the higher profile Old Firm bosses in days gone by having a look again at that video in the tunnel at Ibrox where Walter Smith reduces him to the squawking blubbering idiot he is, with Archie Knox heaping on some abuse for good measure.

He is all about stoking things that aren't there like trying to create stories about racist remarks during a game against Hearts at Fir Park that were never said or trying to portray minor incidents off the park in the crowd as full scale riots. Sensationalist pish that's usually miles off being accurate is his forte. Sportsound actually lost something when Jim Traynor left and instead of routinely tearing his arguments to shreds the rest of them just began to treat him like a sad old pet dog that can't help pissing on the carpet but is tolerated because he's been there for the last however many years.

I seem to remember him making a fool of himself on Sportscene's Friday evening preview show - something else which has come, gone and illustrates how far that "brand" has gone backwards - years ago by insisting a top player, Gordon Durie I think it was, was holed up in Glasgow completing his move to Rangers. Durie was something like 400 miles away and didn't sign for them for months, possibly even years down the line.

At the risk of upsetting Superward by still talking about Chic Young you only need to see how much was in the pockets of the higher profile Old Firm bosses in days gone by having a look again at that video in the tunnel at Ibrox where Walter Smith reduces him to the squawking blubbering idiot he is, with Archie Knox heaping on some abuse for good measure.

I've little time for Chic Young Andy, but your statement above could be true of many Scots sports journos. Its simply taboo to upset, in any way, the Old Firm as was. To do so is to risk losing customers. They are still in the pockets of Celtic and Sevco - you only need to read sycophantic media accounts of the latter's latest tax case and financial loss.

Unfortunately, sportscene is the tired old family labrador that really ought to be allowed to gracefully via a trip to the vets.

There's loads of reasons as to why it has declined but much of it is the growth of the English Premiership brand and our geographical close proximity to it, technology and the inescapable truth that the standard of entertainment on show is in the main really rather poor.

There's always been bias for the old firm over the rest of us 'plebs' even when there were Scottish football programmes on a Friday night, Saturday evening, Sunday teatime or even the (was it Monday evening) Archie McPharchie question time format talk show all about Scottish football.

During any of those shows, it was often the case that Motherwell were never even mentioned never mind the highlights.

As a well fan in exile, technology has massively helped in accessing Scottish football coverage and the open all mics is a vast improvement on what was before. BBC ALBA is a god send and........

Chick Young is nothing more than wee blue nose vile h*n sycophant !!!!

I know its a bit off topic,but if anyone had heard the last game played at the old love street,on sportsound,it was obvious chick was a St mirren fan,as was his family.The guy was in tears.

Rangers are his big team, though. He was obviously upset post-match in last season's play-offs.

Hey shire greats!!!

What don't you arrange a Christmas dinner party and invite your pal chick to be the after dinner speaker?

I'm sure you'll get loadsa folk falling over themselves to listen to the "wee buddy" relive his happiest memories of love street and beyond.

Rangers had a good track record there !!!!

Hey shire greats!!!

What don't you arrange a Christmas dinner party and invite your pal chick to be the after dinner speaker?

I'm sure you'll get loadsa folk falling over themselves tolisten to the "wee buddy" relive his happiest memories

of love street and beyond.

OK,I usually see him in Victoria's on a Saturday night....I will say to him

Rangers had a good track record there !!!!

Met Chick Young a few times. He's a really decent bloke. Keen to have a blether with you, and came across well.

He also had a lovely big golden retriever that was ancient, but he took a long to a Dulka Pumpherston game at Moor Park in Lanark.

He was decent.

Met Chick Young a few times. He's a really decent bloke. Keen to have a blether with you, and came across well.

He also had a lovely big golden retriever that was ancient, but he took a long to a Dulka Pumpherston game at Moor Park in Lanark.

He was decent.

Likes the jack the rippers as well as Justin Bieber, top bloke is wee Chico.

He was decent.

He's a dog owner and plays in charity games.......more plus points to add to ones already listed......diamond geezer

He's a dog owner and plays in charity games.......more plus points to add to ones already listed......diamond geezer

Just to keep it all together:

He doesn't seem popular especially with the Celtic fans , so for that reason he is ok with me. I don't really see why he's unpopular , he knows the game , been around for a while , likes to reminisce, likes his music and supports a provincial club.......what's not to like?

Just to keep it all together:

Whats not to like...the fact that he is a fud of a journalist so biased towards the blue ugly sister will do for a start..dont let all this pish about him being a St Mirren fan fool you, he is a Sevco fan