Sportscene

McCusker

In terms of TV highlights the BBC does pretty much all it can with the available rights it has. You can say that you want longer highlights but the BBC are not allowed to show them.

Comparing Sportscene to MotD is a bit like comparing the Scottish Premiership to the English Premier. You can do it if you like, but it doesn't get you very far.

MotD gets about 4 million viewers, Sportscene will get a tiny fraction of that.

In fact Scottish football gets way more media coverage that it ought to get rather than not receiving a 'fair' amount. If you take something like Glasgow Warriors they are pulling in more fans than most Premiership level football teams.

Braehead Clan, an ice hockey team are getting better attendances than teams like Inverness, Hamilton or St. Johnstone but get next to no coverage in the Scottish media.

Football is the country's number one spectator sport and gets the number one coverage. Just because one ice hockey team gets bigger crowds than some football teams doesn't hide that. It's the sport that gets the coverage.

"There BBC are not allowed to show more highlights!" My main gripe is 15 seconds of a combined with nonsensical comments. They can't improve on that ?

MotD gets about 4 million viewers, Sportscene will get a tiny fraction of that.

MotD is shown all over the UK,Sport scene isn't.

Sportscene showed less than twenty seconds of the Killie v Well game,that was their decision, nothing to do with rights or anything else.

• Like 3

He retires after the Euros,can't come soon enough.

You get the feeling some weeks Richard Gordon and Willie Miller barely tolerate him.

He said the Euros would be his last summer tournament, means he would retire within the following 2 years.

Braehead Clan, an ice hockey team are getting better attendances than teams like Inverness, Hamilton or St. Johnstone but get next to no coverage in the Scottish media.

Braehead clan's average attendance was only better than Hamilton's last year (in the prem obviously).

What sort of figures do the Warriors get? I thought about it a few times, Just for laughs like. I don't really get rugby.

Glasgow have built up their crowds from around 2000 when they moved from Firhill and as they have grown as a team they are now close to selling out each week at Scotstoun which is around 6600 currently. Only this week though they have announced they are going to introduce some terracing sections between stands to try up the capacity a little to help meet demand.

The thing with the pro rugby teams in Scotland is that a lot of people who go and watch Glasgow and Edinburgh also have connections to club rugby sides like Dalziel or Waysiders/Drumpellier etc. so when games clash it's going to knock some of the potential attendees. Glasgow try to do as many Friday night games as they can to avoid clashes where they can.

I'd suggest you give the Warriors a go even just as one off and see what you think.

There's lots of the rules I still don't get but I've really got into following them over the past few years. Not to the point I would ever miss a 'Well game of course but if you picked a Friday night say you could have a few beers in town then get the train to Scotsounhill or even taxi it up from the West End. If you buy your ticket in advance you'll save a fiver and you can print it off at work or in the house and save queuing. Once you're there, you've the chance to buy (overpriced granted) a beer or two whilst you watch the game.

Glasgow won the PRO12 last season and reached the Final the year before that and the Semis the season before that again so they are pretty decent.

There's quite a bond between the players and the Warriors supporters too so whatever the score you'll see them go around the pitch after the game thanking supporters, stopping for photos and autographs and they have a clubhouse next door (effectively a gym with flags and posters) where some of the players not involved go in and speak to fans and afterwards you'll get one of the coaching staff and a couple of players discuss the game.

It's different, but it's good.

Or he'll just stop covering the summer tournaments, but stay on for SPFL coverage in the winter :ph34r:

He doesn't seem popular especially with the Celtic fans , so for that reason he is ok with me. I don't really see why he's unpopular , he knows the game , been around for a while , likes to reminisce, likes his music and supports a provincial club.......what's not to like?

He seems an easy target for people

In fact Scottish football gets way more media coverage that it ought to get rather than not receiving a 'fair' amount. If you take something like Glasgow Warriors they are pulling in more fans than most Premiership level football teams.

Professional Rugby in Glasgow averages about 7000.

Professional Football 70,000-80,000.

He doesn't seem popular especially with the Celtic fans , so for that reason he is ok with me. I don't really see why he's unpopular , he knows the game , been around for a while , likes to reminisce, likes his music and supports a provincial club.......what's not to like?

Hiya Chick hiya pal.

I think he's a bit of a joke figure for a few reasons.

Firstly, he "exclusively reveals" things on the show, that are either made up rubbish, or already known.

Secondly his pretence of not being a Rangers fan, he's a Rangers fan from paisley, not a St Mirren fan.

He'd probably be quite a good laugh, and I don't dislike him myself, but I don't take him very seriously.

I think he's a bit of a joke figure for a few reasons.

Firstly, he "exclusively reveals" things on the show, that are either made up rubbish, or already known.

Secondly his pretence of not being a Rangers fan, he's a Rangers fan from paisley, not a St Mirren fan.

He'd probably be quite a good laugh, and I don't dislike him myself, but I don't take him very seriously.

Thirdly he is an annoying fud you would not tire of slapping

He is a St Mirren fan. You have been watching too much Only and excuse.

Whether he claims to be a St Mirren fan or not, you'd have to be blind not to spot his affinity with the blue side of the Old Firm. Only an Excuse is funny because it amplifies the truth with a bit of satire.

Nothing wrong with that in principle - it's when it biases your interviews etc. that it becomes a problem. His discussion with our own GM after the play-off win is a prefect example of this.

getting back to Sportscene

sadly it is well past it's sell by date and it just a platform for the old firm

the BBC use to try and cover the best games at the weekend now it just the tries to make sure the old firms fans are happy and everything else is just a token jesture

I'll stick to the MFC youtude highlights as at least the cover more of the game and not just when the ball hits the back of the net