• Stephen Pearson
    • Louis Moult
    • Scott McDonald
    • Marvin Johnson
    • Wes Fletcher
    • Theo Robinson
    • Null Vote

Louis Moult. By a country mile.

He's not certainly not the most talented player in the world, but he certainly puts in a shift each week.

A few more contributing performances like his, and we'll be absolutely fine this season.

The 3 that stood out for me today were Law, Grimshaw and Moult. Went for Law, mostly cause Im fed up with folk complaining he is pish when he clearly isnt. He was very positive in everything he did today even when it didnt come off. He and Ainsworth are starting to strike up a good understanding and had we made more use of that option instead of turning back inside to go down the other flank we may not have lost that game.

• Like 2

Grimshaw for me. Aggression, combativity, unlucky with the shot off the bar.

Never hid and had the composure to try to look around for the right pass. Gets better by the week.

Other contenders were Law- who played a solid attacking right back role- and Moult - whose work rate was prodigious again, squeezed his goal in from a really tight angle, and if he was two inches taller might have buried a couple of headers

• Like 1

I could have gone for a few players Law, Moult and Grimshaw

but in the end I went for Grimshaw thanks to his crazy step over show boating in front of the eaststand towards the end of the game :sarcastic:

if you can't have a laugh then there is no point

Same as others - Law, Moult and Grimshaw for me stood out. Went for Law as he had the most complete game I thought and a lot started from him.

Johnson and Ainsworth showed in flashes throughout. Both centre backs looked comfortable troughout, bar the one mistake that led to the second goal, and won everything in the air. Pearson and Ripley did fine.

Disappointed in Chalmers and McDonald's performance.

I honestly thought Mcdonald provided all our link up play up front and was behind most of our moves, which were well worked at times and looked as though they had been working on it in training. Our linking noticeably disappeared when he went off and we posed little threat after that.

• Like 1

I honestly thought Mcdonald provided all our link up play up front and was behind most of our moves, which were well worked at times and looked as though they had been working on it in training. Our linking noticeably disappeared when he went off and we posed little threat after that.

Agree with that.

He is still nowhere near the player we know he can be, which is maybe what a lot of folk are judging him against, but he is slowly getting better and will only improve with games. Id stick with him and Moult and let them at least try to form a partnership.