Motherwell V Hearts Sat 28 Nov 15:00

Yabba's Turd

A lot will depend on who is fit and if we picked up any further injuries on Saturday or if we sustain more in training this week. Certainly a dose of good luck wouldn't go amiss - I'm hoping its a case of swings and roundabouts. By all accounts Inverness had no luck against Partick on Saturday.

I see Watt scored for the under 20's tonight. A goal scoring full back? I'm sure we could use one of those?! I think serious questions need to be asked as to why he hasn't featured at all this season. It's seems ridiculous.

We should never ever have to be subjected, not even in an injury situation, to Marvin Johnson at left back!!

Went along to watch the under 20's against Hibs although it was disappointing game and result, Hammel, Lasley played well enough which is very encouraging for Saturday. Dom Thomas was probably the most creative player for us, Clarkson I am afraid to say was very disappointing as was much of the team, the only strange point was our goalkeeper Morrison seem to be a good stopper but big problems to kicking a ball, I am not sure if this is normal, or was suffering with a foot injury!!

I also went along to Under 20 game last night, Lasley and Hammell both played well and the difference when they went off was very noticeable. There is a fair bit of raw talent in the Under 20's but not much that will instantly aid the first team.

Thomas stands out but for all the good stuff he does he can be wasteful of the ball at times and also his final ball can be lacking.

Luke Watt played as a centre half and his distribution was pretty good and seemed solid enough but the defence lost shape when Hammell went off and after that Watt was getting dragged out of position more but I do think he would be a better option at full back than Johnson or Chalmers.

Well done to the ground staff today for keeping the game in...been pishing down.

Glad to swe some experience available for today. Hearts will likely be 4-4-2 so I would match up but have a plan B to be able to change to midfield 3.

Would go:

Ripley

Law Kennedy McManus Hammell

Ainsworth Las Grimshaw Pearson

Moult McDonald