Motherwell V Hearts Sat 28 Nov 15:00

Yabba's Turd

After the shit I sat through in Dingwall last week that was a great game today, we actually looked threatening for a change, a win would have been perfect but on the balance of play a draw was a fair result. The only thing that worried me a bit was after Johnson went off the whole shape and balance of the team changed just to accommodate Ainsworth down the right, we pulled skippy back into midfield and went 1 up front, we sat back and let hearts come on to us.

Hopefully marvin hasn't injured himself badly but he was definitely holding his right hamstring after he came off.

I really enjoyed that today for about the first time this season and was encouraged by the number of chances we created. We still gave away our usual soft goals but to be fair their strike force is amongst the best in the league, big and strong and able to play a bit for big guys

However

Juanma Delgado has to be one of the most odious individuals to grace fir park in a long while moaning about every decision, diving, leaving his foot in with certain tackles and for a moment I really thought he was going to fire the ball into the East stand at the final whistle. Keith spotted this and rightly had a word before mcmanus stepped in and pulled Juanma out the way before it all kicked off.

• Like 1

Did Johnson injure himself scoring or celebrating, he was holding his hamstring as he went off. As for his goal I felt I had seen his build up before, if only it had deflected high in the air and the goalie had swatted at it like a balloon with boxing gloves.

McLean did book the Hearts player for the McDonald tackle in the Run up to Marvins goal. I'm sure he showed him a yellow card as the players were making their way back to the centre of the park. And Juanma should have been booked for lashing the ball away after the final whistle.

McLean did book the Hearts player for the McDonald tackle in the Run up to Marvins goal. I'm sure he showed him a yellow card as the players were making their way back to the centre of the park. And Juanma should have been booked for lashing the ball away after the final whistle.

It didn't look like a bad tackle to me. Mcdonald won a good old fashioned 50/50.

I'd like to see the tackle on mcdonald ( I think) at the halfway line in the build up to marvins goal. Looked a shocker and as we scored the ref seemed to forget about it and I don't think even talked to anybody about it

Twat booked the guy. It was right in front of me, I was going mental and nearly missed the goal :-)

Right good game that we could have won and we could have lost and on balance the draw was probably not far from being a fair reflection.

First ten minutes of the second half we were truly humped in the middle of midfield as Hearts drove right through us at will but we tightened up and had a spell on the ascendancy when we went 2-1 up. When McGhee made his first sub we seemed to lose the out ball and Hearts were right on the front foot. It was calling out for a change and Robinson was it. When he came on he won one header and it pinned their defence back a bit as they realised they couldn't push up the way they were.

Really thought Ripley was really poor today which is a shame as he has overall been a good signing for us but the outfield players were all on it. Pearson and Lasley flagged a bit later but Grimshaw grew more into it and covered for them then. Not convinced Ainsworth was fully fit.

I'd like to see the tackle on mcdonald ( I think) at the halfway line in the build up to marvins goal. Looked a shocker and as we scored the ref seemed to forget about it and I don't think even talked to anybody about it

I thought that was a red card challenge at the game. We'll see what the TV pictures show.

I thought Ripley was a bit of a mixed bag. Made some cracking stops, one in the 1st half he tipped over the bar springs to mind but equally there was a fair amount of hesitancy.

With the first goal maybe he could have been out a bit quicker but as I said in an earlier post the back 4 had chances to deal with it before Juanma gets through 1v1. Kennedy misjudges the ball and is bullied, McManus realises he can't win the tackle but doesn't manage to hold Sow up enough. No one really comes out of that with any credit tbf.

The 2nd? Shouldn't be being beaten by a shot from that distance that's straight down the middle of the goals but equally the amount of time and space Sow has to hit it is criminal.

This was my first game in some time and I wasn’t expecting much, however, we were nowhere near as bad as I had feared. I reckon a draw was probably a fair result and we managed to score two goals in the process. I have not seen the highlights, however, at the time I thought Ripley should have dealt with the second goal. On the plus side I was impressed with Moult and no one could ever accuse him of lack of effort. All in all it was a good point from a team who have been flying high of late. Onwards and upwards. :)

Bart Verheul, on 28 Nov 2015 - 8:02 PM, said:Bart Verheul, on 28 Nov 2015 - 8:02 PM, said:

Hopefully marvin hasn't injured himself badly but he was definitely holding his right hamstring after he came off.

I really enjoyed that today for about the first time this season and was encouraged by the number of chances we created. We still gave away our usual soft goals but to be fair their strike force is amongst the best in the league, big and strong and able to play a bit for big guys

However

Juanma Delgado has to be one of the most odious individuals to grace fir park in a long while moaning about every decision, diving, leaving his foot in with certain tackles and for a moment I really thought he was going to fire the ball into the East stand at the final whistle. Keith spotted this and rightly had a word before mcmanus stepped in and pulled Juanma out the way before it all kicked off.

Motherwell v Dortmund , Stéphane Chapuisat .It would take a bit to beat him .

Overall I was pleased with a point, which was the correct result. We certainly played better today but the performance was very mixed. On the plus side we created a lot but were somewhat wasteful and yes we played some decent football. On the debit side our defending and midfield play wasn't the best at times. A physical and big Hearts 11 proved to be a real handful as we knew they would. Man for man we matched them for skill but couldn't match their work rate or physicality. Their off the ball play was clearly better than ours and as the Traveller (an acquaintance of several years standing who sits beside me I discovered today) said to me they could throw 3/4/5 bodies in front of the ball to block goal efforts where as we could hardly muster one.

It was the first time I've watched the new Hearts and was left somewhat deflated. They're very physical and cynical which they don't really need to be - maybe the Craig Levein influence.

I'll watch the highlights before I comment further.