Motherwell V Hearts Sat 28 Nov 15:00

Yabba's Turd

That's the 1st time I've enjoyed a match at For Park this season, I left feeling as though I'd been entertained.

Huge improvement, but still loads wrong too.

2 shitey goals to lose again...Kennedy in particular had a bit of a shocker. Our attacking play in the 1st half especially was great though, with Paterson taking an absolute riding every time Johnson got on the ball.

One thing no one else has mentioned...Pearson should get a doing for his kick out at whichever cheating Jambo dick it was. 2mins to go, when we are under the cosh and one of our more experienced guys lashes out like that??

Think everyone suggesting Ripley saved the 2nd are a bit harsh. Thought it was a screamer at the match and since seeing it again on the TV highlights, my opinion hasn't changed.

Yesterday was probably the first match this season that I have enjoyed. Thought Grimshaw was excellent and without a doubt his best game in a 'Well shirt. Moult ran his socks off and looks to be building a decent partnership with McDonald (who also had his best game of the season).

A point was a fair reflection on the match if not a bit frustrating after leading twice.

Tough match at Firhill next week. They look to be flying right now.

Just watched the TV highlights to watch key moments in detail. They show what a great goal Johnson scored, by beating defenders and hitting the net from an acute angle. The Heats defenders did little wrong. The challenge on MacDonald - looked a red card. Up front I thought Moult and MacDonald worked like Trojans all day and the former was rewarded with a goal. Johnson had a decent game although service to him at times was poor. Grimshaw had a decent, but not great game, and you certainly couldn't fault him for lack of effort or tenacity. Pearson had a decent game but put in some rash tackles at times and I'm not sure we played him to his best use. Didn't think Lasley played well - too often outmuscled and passing was poor but given his recent absence can't be too hard on him. It was worrying the way our central midfield just disappeared in the last 20 minutes as Hearts put us under the cosh and I doubt if MMcG will have been too impressed by that given his liking for a competitive engine room.

We didn't play well at the back although I have a degree of sympathy for Kennedy. He's a big lad but met an even bigger lad who was always going to cause trouble for our central defenders and keeper - we just didn't play him and his annoying sidekick, Delgado, well. Maybe lack of preparation? McManus struggled too. Didn't think either our full backs played well. Stevie Hammell was guilty of bad decision making and gave away too many stupid fouls and a potentially costly and entirely avoidable corner in the late stages. Against a side like Hearts you simply cannot afford to do that - he obviously forgot Jim Gannon's advice. All that said, I don't know who else would have played any better at left back.

Both Hearts goals were avoidable as Mark McGhee will be pointing out to his charges this morning. For the first Kennedy was outmuscled not surprisingly but Mcmanus and Hammell looked all at sea with Ripley not covering himself in glory. For the second, a great shot but just look at the space and time the lad had to pick his spot. I counted 5 players round about him but not one made an effort to close him down as they backpedalled - a typical goal that we lose.

Overall though not a bad result. I think we have the makings of an 8th/9th/10th placed side if McGhee can instill more organisition and harder working ethos into the players. Some mates I spoke to independently of each other said that at Dingwall last week the home side weren't any more talented than us as individuals but were far better organised and worked far harder off the ball than we did. That also applied yesterday I'd say.

Just watched the TV highlights to watch key moments in detail. They show what a great goal Johnson scored, by beating defenders and hitting the net from an acute angle. The Heats defenders did little wrong. The challenge on MacDonald - looked a red card. Up front I thought Moult and MacDonald worked like Trojans all day and the former was rewarded with a goal. Johnson had a decent game although service to him at times was poor. Grimshaw had a decent, but not great game, and you certainly couldn't fault him for lack of effort or tenacity. Pearson had a decent game but put in some rash tackles at times and I'm not sure we played him to his best use. Didn't think Lasley played well - too often outmuscled and passing was poor but given his recent absence can't be too hard on him. It was worrying the way our central midfield just disappeared in the last 20 minutes as Hearts put us under the cosh and I doubt if MMcG will have been too impressed by that given his liking for a competitive engine room.

We didn't play well at the back although I have a degree of sympathy for Kennedy. He's a big lad but met an even bigger lad who was always going to cause trouble for our central defenders and keeper - we just didn't play him and his annoying sidekick, Delgado, well. Maybe lack of preparation? McManus struggled too. Didn't think either our full backs played well. Stevie Hammell was guilty of bad decision making and gave away too many stupid fouls and a potentially costly and entirely avoidable corner in the late stages. Against a side like Hearts you simply cannot afford to do that - he obviously forgot Jim Gannon's advice. All that said, I don't know who else would have played any better at left back.

Both Hearts goals were avoidable as Mark McGhee will be pointing out to his charges this morning. For the first Kennedy was outmuscled not surprisingly but Mcmanus and Hammell looked all at sea with Ripley not covering himself in glory. For the second, a great shot but just look at the space and time the lad had to pick his spot. I counted 5 players round about him but not one made an effort to close him down as they backpedalled - a typical goal that we lose.

Overall though not a bad result. I think we have the makings of an 8th/9th/10th placed side if McGhee can instill more organisition and harder working ethos into the players. Some mates I spoke to independently of each other said that at Dingwall last week the home side weren't any more talented than us as individuals but were far better organised and worked far harder off the ball than we did. That also applied yesterday I'd say.

Lasley and Hammell really aren't your cup of tea are they?

They both made a helluva difference yesterday.

• Like 3

Lasley and Hammell really aren't your cup of tea are they?

They both made a helluva difference yesterday.

Lasley (and Pearson) blew hot and cold yesterday and in the last 20mins both were non existent. Grimshaw was effectively a 1 man centre midfield by that point. Lasley will be cut some slack because he was just returning from injury and Pearson also for laying the boot into that cunt juankerr. Hammell was a yard away from conceding the most unnecessary penalty ever seen at fir park too and like the poster had said did the same in the final minute for a corner.

So I don't think he was unreasonable with his assessment of yesterday. However it has to be said hammell was a big improvement on chalmers against caley

Does anyone else find the posts we see on here after almost every game calling the opposition "very physical and cynical" laughable? It's football ffs and we have the likes of Pearson in our team. No need.

I know we are no angels either. McManus worth a mention too and if you had to ask other supporters opinions then Lasley wouldn't be far off a place in an spfl hammer throwers XI

Lasley was excellent yesterday, but obviously not 100% match fit and tired. Hammell is on a completely different level from Chalmers.

The guys that constantly chirp on about both of them are in for a big shock when they aren't there anymore because as we've already seen with Baraclough's signings, the quality of player we can afford now, or even bring through the youths, is nowhere near the standard of 10 or 15 years ago.

Imagine Lasley wasn't there and someone like Taylor was playing ever week, that's the not to distant future. We aren't in great shape now but I really fear for us when these guys hang up their boots.

I thought the midfield worked very well yesterday. Grimshaw isn't really a great player but he'll put a foot in and that gives us a bit more grit. Johnson had a rare good match and Pearson worked well playing further forward in the diamond formation, although again he tired towards the end but remember it was very heavy conditions yesterday and the Hearts team is pretty young, very physical and probably have more in their legs than we do, so you'd kind of expect them to rally towards the end. Even psychologically with Hearts being in good form and us not so much, the tendency would be for us to fall back and defend a result.

• Like 1

I would also add a big thanks to the ground staff at Firpark as the pitch is looking great

considering all the past problems and the heavy rain over the last few days you have to give credit where credit is due

Does anyone else find the posts we see on here after almost every game calling the opposition "very physical and cynical" laughable? It's football ffs and we have the likes of Pearson in our team. No need.

I was surprised we got something from the encounter, for all that we are easily bullied both on and off the ball, we have a few capable of "meaty challenges" however a few who seem scared to tackle/be tackled sometimes.

Lasley (and Pearson) blew hot and cold yesterday and in the last 20mins both were non existent. Grimshaw was effectively a 1 man centre midfield by that point. Lasley will be cut some slack because he was just returning from injury and Pearson also for laying the boot into that cunt juankerr. Hammell was a yard away from conceding the most unnecessary penalty ever seen at fir park too and like the poster had said did the same in the final minute for a corner.

So I don't think he was unreasonable with his assessment of yesterday. However it has to be said hammell was a big improvement on chalmers against caley

Pearson was swinging boots all over the place and could cost the team with his erratic tackles. Grimshaw did play well but still looked 'lost' at times and did not know where to play the ball . Thought both Lasley and Hammell made a big difference to the team. Not brilliant displays from both of them but enough to make 'that' difference.