Scottish Cup - Fourth Round Motherwell V Cove Rangers Sat 9 Jan 15:00

gdalli10

A good draw for us and I'm quite happy with that.

As far as the gate is concerned, I always understood it is split 3 ways: 33% to cover costs, 33% to home side and 33% to away team. Given that season tickets are not valid we should make a modest profit or, at worst, cover our costs.

I thought it was split 50/50 after costs.

Sorry, But isn't that the same thing?

Surely the SPFL isn't responsible for distributing Scottish Cup cash? If so, I'm happy to admit I'm wrong.

You are correct, it's their train set, I was getting at the SPFL are the organisation that have made paying late an art form rather than the SFA, happy to be corrected.

As for speaking about the football rather than the finances, I know sweet FA about either of our opposition except they have a long bus journey and no doubt speak funny. After Albion Rovers, predictions are out the window for me.

Wrong, they can comfortably afford to spend at the level they are. They have been a financially well backed side for a long time.

Neither side should be considered to be a pushover... lets do the business on the park first.

As far as Formartine's finances are concerned surely they are not sustainable. Their average gate income over a season (net of VAT) will be about £80-90k, which is just over 50% of the transfer fees paid out and mentioned. There may well be other transfer fees. Ok they will have some commercial income from a social club perhaps or advertising or sponsorship but it won't be that much. They will then have a pretty substantial wage bill for a club of their status, plus other running costs for the stadium, taxes, etc etc. they must be getting subsidised by some kind of benefactor. If that was us, much of our support would be up in arms. It would, equivalent to us forking us some £2 million on transfer fees.

Neither side should be considered to be a pushover... lets do the business on the park first.

As far as Formartine's finances are concerned surely they are not sustainable. Their average gate income over a season (net of VAT) will be about £80-90k, which is just over 50% of the transfer fees paid out and mentioned. There may well be other transfer fees. Ok they will have some commercial income from a social club perhaps or advertising or sponsorship but it won't be that much. They will then have a pretty substantial wage bill for a club of their status, plus other running costs for the stadium, taxes, etc etc. they must be getting subsidised by some kind of benefactor. If that was us, much of our support would be up in arms. It would, equivalent to us forking us some £2 million on transfer fees.

I'm sure it's the directors of Rollstud who finance them and have been happy to do so for a long time. They obviously have the cash to spend on the club, like a lot of Aberdeenshire based Highland League clubs, wealthy oil and gas folk enjoy throwing money at local clubs rather than being a bit part player at Aberdeen.

Was talking to Alan Burrows today and he was saying the club were just going to open the East and PoD stands for this one. Not sure how the Cooper Stand season ticket holders would feel about that.

Speaking as one I would not really care. Quite happy to sit in other parts of the ground from time to time. Would probably opt for the main stand.

How much we planning on charging for this one? £5 a head should be about right, this kind of game isn't worth any more than that and it might get a few extra in the door if it's cheap.

Minumum charge for 4th round tie is £8.

40. Minimum Charge for Admission Subject to a minimum adult non concessionary charge for admission to matches in the Preliminary Round (if applicable), Round One, Round Two and Round Three, of £5, and of £8 for matches in subsequent Rounds excluding the Semi-Final and Final Ties, the charges for admission shall be arranged by the competing clubs. If they are unable to agree, the charges which are normally made for the regular fixtures of the club at whose ground the match is to be played, will apply.

Was talking to Alan Burrows today and he was saying the club were just going to open the East and PoD stands for this one. Not sure how the Cooper Stand season ticket holders would feel about that.

Hope that's not the case. My old dear sits in the first rows of the Cooper stand and would have no chance getting up the stairs in the East or POD.