Scottish Cup - Fourth Round Motherwell V Cove Rangers Sat 9 Jan 15:00

gdalli10

How much we planning on charging for this one? £5 a head should be about right, this kind of game isn't worth any more than that and it might get a few extra in the door if it's cheap.

In general terms I'd agree with you - £5.00 would be a reasonable charge for a bog standard SPFL Premiership game, if I had my way. The problem is though that every club in the senior professional ranks charges more, as do some clubs in the lower echelons . Formartine United, for example, charge £8.00 for their normal games and so I really don't think £5.00 is anywhere near a realistic price.

• Like 1

Seems strange to me if we are considering closing the Cooper.

If the team is in any sort of form and tickets are reasonably priced we should be able to muster a decent crowd. It is the Scottish cup after all and McCall isn't in charge.

Gone are the days when the East Stand was crammed for the visit of Stirling Albion.

Dare say I'm in the minority but I'm loving this. Highland League Team A or Highland League Team B. That's the Scottish Cup draw of dreams. Granted it would have been better had it been away but the opposition itself? Brilliant!

See even though they beat us I'd take that Albion Rovers draw or a Highland League team any day of the week than Dundee Utd or Aberdeen for about the twelfth time in half a dozen years. In fact it blows league games against the likes of Thistle, St Johnstone and Dundee to name but three right out the water.

The Cup competitions have lost a fair bit of their lustre in recent seasons but it's draws like Cove that help retain the excitement for me. I'm really looking forward to it. Especially the replay....

• Like 5

Dare say I'm in the minority but I'm loving this. Highland League Team A or Highland League Team B. That's the Scottish Cup draw of dreams. Granted it would have been better had it been away but the opposition itself? Brilliant!

Seconded Andy. I've been following the Well for over 50 years and never seen us play a Highland League team. Looking forward to it.

Yes, of course. Never made the Inverurie due to bad weather.

We made that one, was a bit of a hairy drive up! Was it the 5th attempt? Remember I had arranged to go 3 times, but think there was another 2 I wouldn't have made if it was on.

Then booked a hotel the next year for ICT away and it was off. Still never been to Inverness.

The strange thing about the Inverurie game was it was snowing heavily in the central belt when we left. Considering all the previous call-offs, we thought it was only a matter of time before we heard it was off again but it cleared up before Dundee and was fine from there on.

It was unbelievably cold at the game though.

The strange thing about the Inverurie game was it was snowing heavily in the central belt when we left. Considering all the previous call-offs, we thought it was only a matter of time before we heard it was off again but it cleared up before Dundee and was fine from there on.

It was unbelievably cold at the game though.

But the snowball fight at halftime made it worth it, right?