Scottish Cup - Fourth Round Motherwell V Cove Rangers Sat 9 Jan 15:00

gdalli10

Just found out that they have been given the south stand. Surely to cut the costs the could fit them into the Phil O'donnell stand and not open the south stand.

If we're going to open both the top and bottom tiers for 400 - 550 Dundee, St Johnstone or Hamilton fans as we have recently then housing a similar amount of Cove fans in the South Stand isn't out of context.

That said It has crossed my mind as to why we've opened both tiers of late for modest visiting supports but in my view it's always better to have the opposition support close to us for the interaction and atmosphere.

Don't think team will be a lot different from Saturday's. Two or three changes at most perhaps.

I'm of the opinion that you play your strongest team ever week and only make changes if you have to. Wouldn't like too see wholesale changes. I think it sends a message out to players that "this game isn't as important".

Playing a Highland League team at home.We're on an unbeaten run.McGhee just picked up Manager of the Month.WHAT COULD POSSIBLY GO WRONG????

I know it is temping the mocker Gods, but McGhee is not McCall so we should be alright.

Treat the opposition with all due respect and put out a strong team to do the job and we will be in the next round. I think three nil sounds about right.

Going against what everyone else is saying, I'd be playing a slightly weakened team. A lot of our key players are over 30, a rest won't do them any harm and playing guys with something to prove should ensure 100% and no complacency.

I'd go

Samson

Watt

Hall

Laing

Hammell

Ainsworth

Lasley

Cadden

Thomas

McFadden

Fletcher

Lasley, I'd play as he's missing the Hearts game and Hammell because there's no other option in his position (although you could play Watt there and keep Law at right back if you wanted to rest Hammell).

If our fringe players, with four or five experienced players in the side, aren't good enough to win this game then they're simply not good enough...

I suspect that McGhee will go with a stronger lineup though...

Going against what everyone else is saying, I'd be playing a slightly weakened team. A lot of our key players are over 30, a rest won't do them any harm and playing guys with something to prove should ensure 100% and no complacency.

I'd go

Samson

Watt

Hall

Laing

Hammell

Ainsworth

Lasley

Cadden

Thomas

McFadden

Fletcher

Lasley, I'd play as he's missing the Hearts game and Hammell because there's no other option in his position (although you could play Watt there and keep Law at right back if you wanted to rest Hammell).

If our fringe players, with four or five experienced players in the side, aren't good enough to win this game then they're simply not good enough...

I suspect that McGhee will go with a stronger lineup though...

Why take the chance, we played a weakened team v Albion Rovers a few years ago.........some of the fringe players from that day are playing in the Highland league now

Snow will be ending during the morning giving way to some light rain during the afternoon. High 39F. Winds ENE at 10 to 15 mph. Chance of precip 60%.

Do we still have covers? Sounds like that should be enough to keep the game on.