Partick Thistle V Motherwell Tue 2 Feb 19:45

Yabba's Turd

Still more about performance for me at the moment. Hopefully we get more like the Hearts performance than the Ross County one. They seem to have hit some form and are scoring a few goals so, combined with our suspect defence, we may do well to get anything from this game. Having said that, we can definately get something so I will predict another draw, maybe even another 2-2.

...for me this absolutely MUST NOT LOSE. Our best hope of avoiding relegation and/or play offs is to be in a fight with 4/5 other teams. Lose on Saturday and we start to look a bit ditached.

Whilst I agree you need to remain within touching distance of the teams around you, even Dundee United will believe that they will avoid the relegation or the play-off spot, despite already being 8 points adrift of 10th place. If we are detached come late January, I will think about pushing the panic button. :help:

I wouldn't read read too much into Partick's performance at the weekend. Yes, winning 5-2 away from home is an exceptional result but by all accounts Killie were appalling.

I'd read more into the fact that Partick Thistle have only lost 1 match in their last 7 in the league (4-2-1). Our record is exactly the opposite (1-2-4). Our away record at Firhill is also particularly bad over recent times. If I wasn't partisan I'd be thinking about sticking this down as a home win on the coupon.

However our performance on Saturday should offer some encouragement and a win, dear we dream such a thing, would take us above Thistle.

I'm sure someone will be along in a minute to argue otherwise but for me this absolutely MUST NOT LOSE. Our best hope of avoiding relegation and/or play offs is to be in a fight with 4/5 other teams. Lose on Saturday and we start to look a bit ditached.

If we were to beat Partick and Kilmarnock beat Dundee Utd (at Rugby Park) we would jump above both Partick and probably Inverness (away to Hearts) and put 10 points between us and Utd.

On the other hand if we lost, Dundee Utd would only be 4 points behind and the bottom of the league really starts to tighten up.

Cant understand the optomism here for saturday. We're losing soft as sh... goals every week. watch Kennedy collapse in a heap in the run up to Heart's 1st goal on saturday. Every week we lose goals like that. Partick totally gubbed Killie last sat. Even decent Motherwell teams have been well beaten at Firhill. This one is anything but decent. We'll get pumped 3-0. :fie:

Cant understand the optomism here for saturday. We're losing soft as sh... goals every week. watch Kennedy collapse in a heap in the run up to Heart's 1st goal on saturday. Every week we lose goals like that. Partick totally gubbed Killie last sat. Even decent Motherwell teams have been well beaten at Firhill. This one is anything but decent. We'll get pumped 3-0. :fie:

we may lose soft goals but the whole point of supporting the team is to be positive hearts are a much stronger team and we took something anything can happen in Scottish football on the day so a little optimism please

Interesting approach to tempt Thistle fans to go to the game on Saturday...

Partick Thistle fans will have the chance to get their hands on a one-off piece of club memoribilia this Saturday, as the club gives away limited edition scarves.

Thistle have teamed up with Pittsburgh-based artist Jon Rubin to create the design, and the first 2,000 supporters through the gates for the clash against Motherwell at Firhill this weekend will take away the unique piece of merchandise for free.

With “You Don’t Know Who You Are” on one side, and “We Are Thistle” on the other, it is the latest in the series of giveaways planned.

I'd assume Partick would have to agree to that?

As good as our kits are, it's a bit daft having a mainly Claret & Amber away kit considering the teams we generally change for are Hearts, Aberdeen, Partick and Dundee Utd.

I wonder if the black training kit that was used pre-season could be an option?

• Like 1