Partick Thistle V Motherwell Tue 2 Feb 19:45

Yabba's Turd

a few weeks ago I would have put us down for a win but the jags have hit some form so I don't think it going to be an easy game

I would be happy with a point if I am honest but my fingers are crossed for a win

as for the strips, I don't really care it's who in them that counts

It's not raining in Glasgow just now. I feel as if games get called off a lot more often now than 15-20 years ago despite pitch protection that the clubs have available. Probably were as many games called off back then, just my perception...

I think you're right - they do seem to get called off more often these days. Just pull up some of the youtube videos of games like Celtic vs Motherwell when Wullie P was playing, and the Parkhead pitch looks like a ploughed field. Whether or not it's a good thing to be playing on that I suppose is up for debate.

Right decision to have the game off, unreasonable to expect anyone to travel on days like this. Summer football definetly the way ahead.

SPFL season currently runs from August 1st to the Cup final on 21st of May. Almost 10 full months. If you want summer football with that length of season you either need games in December or February.

The annual pitch renovation would also need to take place in those 2 months off during winter when the grass won't grow. So I imagine everyone would need to go artificial surfaces.

Looked at the weather forecast last night and knew there was no chance of the game being on. You can't play football in 40mph winds, never mind the rain, it would be a farce.

Everyone can support Kilmarnock this afternoon!

We're closer to Kilmarnock than we are United.