Partick Thistle V Motherwell Tue 2 Feb 19:45

Yabba's Turd

A friend of mine was at Thistle earlier with his son (he's on their books in the U20s team) and says the pitch was horrendous underfoot. Said it 'looks good' from the stands/pitch side but once you're on it's not good at all.

No way this will go ahead, was it not called aff cos a wee bit of rain before? Then again at the weekend?

Ah well I need to assume that the game will be postponed. It will probably benefit us if it’s called off as then we can concentrate solely on the cup match. Roll on Saturday. :)

Their pitch is a shambles and has now had 3 games postponed this season. Wind isn't the problem, its just holding too much water. Not that we can throw stones about that.

Anyway, despite that, Thistle have just said that they plan on having the game on!

http://ptfc.co.uk/news/2015-2016/february_2016/pitch_condition_update

"Despite a lot of overnight rain the ground staff are working extremely hard today to ensure tonight's game goes ahead as planned. Contrary to inaccurate reports on the BBC website the game has not been postponed and the club will be doing everything it can to ensure the match goes ahead.

We will reassess the pitch later this afternoon and a further update will be provided at that time."

Their pitch is a shambles and has now had 3 games postponed this season. Wind isn't the problem, its just holding too much water. Not that we can throw stones about that.

People in glass houses and all that.......but I'm surprised at how little flak Partick have taken over this postponement record. During our bad spell, the SPL was investigating; fans were up in arms; and the media was lambasting us. Partick have always been media darlings of course and the current rash of postponements are being put down to heavy rainfall. Also taken aback at just how bad Dens Park was on Saturday.

Have they been media darlings? I don't see them in the media that much other than for a big stupid mascot.

Yes. Just watch STV evening news. Apart from Celtic/Sevco bias of course. Take last night. Whilst Morgaro Gomis' move to us was mentioned, there was much more coverage of one of their signings - just but one example. Alan Archibald is frequently interviewed. Its always been that way due to the proximity of the old BBC studios in Glasgow's west end.

I'm about a mile and a half from Firhill, and it's clear skies all the way. Hasn't rained since before lunchtime.

I'm not quite sure how that equates to having the match go ahead when the underfoot conditions will take a lot more to dry out given the amount of construction sand they've distributed across the wings this afternoon.

Yes. Just watch STV evening news. Apart from Celtic/Sevco bias of course. Take last night. Whilst Morgaro Gomis' move to us was mentioned, there was much more coverage of one of their signings - just but one example. Alan Archibald is frequently interviewed. Its always been that way due to the proximity of the old BBC studios in Glasgow's west end.

Can't say I have ever noticed but each to their own so fair enough.