Celtic V Motherwell Sat 19 Dec 15:00

Yabba's Turd

For the first time in many months we looked like a very well drilled team. Some very good spells of passing and moving, and excellent in the counter. Also got to be said, our defence soaked up a lot of pressure with ease. I was particularly nervous after Mcmanus went off but credit to the lads who came on and to the entire team for adapting well to the changes.

Not complaining in the slightest but we could have easily had another couple of goals this afternoon, Ainsworth and Johnson in particular.

Great tenacious play by Las in the lead up to the penalty. Louis Moult is a hero.

Although it didn't look like we were under the cosh too much towards the end (from the highlights anyway), well done to the young lads at the back for keeping it tight for the last 10-15 when McManus went off.

Great result. A solid performance in the first half then we took advantage of them in the second half. The improvement since McGhee came in and Pearson and Lasley linked up in centre mid has been massive.

Watching that online you have to think Aberdeen have a serious chance of winning the league (and feel gutted our purple patch came too soon). There isn't much between the defences, Celtic have the better midfield if everyone is fit but Celtic have no quality in the final third and you would take Hayes, Rooney and McGinn ahead of any Celtic attacker.

Celtic to swoop for said players in January?

[quote name="Tamwell" post="460091" timestamp="1450567232

We'll finish top 6 this year at this rate, who would have thought it?

' :)

I'd like to think so but a long way to go and no doubt some disappointments ahead. That result gives us the breathing space that a defeat against Utd could be taken in our stride. We need to capitalise on our game in hand, that's the one that moves us up the table.

They may well do, is that the same for all the other clubs, including us?

Not sure if it's standard practice for all clubs or not. It was an issue raised last season re: Sevco's attendances and in the usual whataboutery that surrounds the ugly sisters there was the whole "aye but Celtic do it as well."

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/news/13298532.Rangers_chairman_Somers__we_included_no_shows_in_our_Cowdenbeath_clash_attendance_figures/

How did Ben Hall play yesterday? Good to see Mark McGhee give young lads like Hall, Watt and Mackin some exposure to the first team. Some will make it and some won't but its looking positive.

You have to wonder where the likes of Craig Moore, David Ferguson and Jack Leitch are in the pecking order though.

Hall was solid enough. Though I thought he was a bit culpable for the Celtic goal, comitting to a tackle and missing allowing them in behind. He didn't really put a foot wrong other than that and was just unlucky we got punished for it. Thankfully it didn't cost us in the end.

Hall was solid enough. Though I thought he was a bit culpable for the Celtic goal, comitting to a tackle and missing allowing them in behind. He didn't really put a foot wrong other than that and was just unlucky we got punished for it. Thankfully it didn't cost us in the end.

Yep, just a classic case of youthful inexperience. The fact that Celtic scored from it might not be a bad thing... might make him think twice about diving in too early next time.

When things aren't going well I admit I can be on these boards quick as a flash to vent so it's only fair I now lavish praise on the players and manager for what is arguably the greatest domestic result any team can achieve in Scotland; a win at Parkhead.

The fact that anyone rarely wins there in the league just shows how difficult the task is. There are premier league teams who haven't won there in 30/40 years!

By all accounts we played very well and more than deserved it and from the highlights we possibly could've had another couple of goals!

Great to hear so many players played well. However......all the hard work will be undone if we lose at Tannadice on Boxing Day.

I was on the fence with McGhee returning and still have mixed views but his interview after the game yesterday is absolutely outstanding.

Not sure if it's standard practice for all clubs or not. It was an issue raised last season re: Sevco's attendances and in the usual whataboutery that surrounds the ugly sisters there was the whole "aye but Celtic do it as well."

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/news/13298532.Rangers_chairman_Somers__we_included_no_shows_in_our_Cowdenbeath_clash_attendance_figures/

The meaning of attendance is, ‘the number of people present at a particular place or event’. If they include season ticket holders who were not physically at the game, then surely for historical records, they have to supply the number that watched the match in person. I hope we don’t subscribe to this same practice, as it it always good to know the exact number who attend each game.