Celtic V Motherwell Sat 19 Dec 15:00

Yabba's Turd

The meaning of attendance is, the number of people present at a particular place or event. If they include season ticket holders who were not physically at the game, then surely for historical records, they have to supply the number that watched the match in person. I hope we dont subscribe to this same practice, as it it always good to know the exact number who attend each game.

Thousands of them have been in the habit of buying a season book to guarantee a ticket for the bigot derby.They have a huge chunk of their support who aren't really in it for the football.

Hes certainly a great find. I am sure he scored a good few before he came to us, something like 40 goals over two seasons. I know those leagues werent the best standard, however, I am sure he will be aiming to get at least 20 for us.

One of, if not the only real asset from Baracloughs time. He's has a very good return so far in what has been a very poor team. I'm sure there will be a lot more to come from him and unlike the other potentially decent players who seem to blow hot and cold, he seems pretty consistent.

One of, if not the only real asset from Baracloughs time. He's has a very good return so far in what has been a very poor team. I'm sure there will be a lot more to come from him and unlike the other potentially decent players who seem to blow hot and cold, he seems pretty consistent.

I would say that, on balance, Marv has been a success.

However......all the hard work will be undone if we lose at Tannadice on Boxing Day.

Disagree, we can't look at games in isolation. Something bizarre can happen in any game to any team on any given day. We look like a team again and are playing a bit and McGhee's point that if we keep playing like that even if things are going a bit wrong and we'll be fine is bang on the money. If the worst happens and United beat us next week from Dec 12th until Dec 26th we'll have stretched our lead over them by two. If I asked you last Saturday morning if you'd have taken that you'd have 1) thought I was on crack but then 2) bitten my hand off for it.

• Like 1

Disagree, we can't look at games in isolation. Something bizarre can happen in any game to any team on any given day. We look like a team again and are playing a bit and McGhee's point that if we keep playing like that even if things are going a bit wrong and we'll be fine is bang on the money. If the worst happens and United beat us next week from Dec 12th until Dec 26th we'll have stretched our lead over them by two. If I asked you last Saturday morning if you'd have taken that you'd have 1) thought I was on crack but then 2) bitten my hand off for it.

Exactly. Like McGhee said in his post-match, we could play better than we did against Celtic and end up losing. Football's like that sometimes. The important thing is to maintain, or improve, that level of consistency and quality, and the results will come over the longer term.

Expecting a tough game, and be happy to take any points from it.

The BBC report has the attendance down as 42,603, it certainly didn’t look anywhere near that from the MFC YouTube highlights.

They must have counted all the non attending ST holders there is no way there was 42k people in that stadium, lots if empty seats

There's no chance 2 out of every 3 seats on the highlights are full and that's before you consider that the top tier is shut.

Old Firm fans were using FoIs to get the real attendances for each other a while back. Their December and January attendances in 2013 averaged were about 25,000.

Most of the top tier was open. Only the Lisbon Lions upper is closed. That said I doubt there was over 40k there.

Had we gone on to lose I'd be absolutely fizzing at Ainsworth for trying to chip the keeper at 0-0 at Parkhead. Him and Marv looked to be very dangerous, great ball in from Marv for Moult's goal. Also great pressing by Lasley to nick the ball for the penalty.

Hope we can go on and get 3 points next week!

Had we gone on to lose I'd be absolutely fizzing at Ainsworth for trying to chip the keeper at 0-0 at Parkhead. Him and Marv looked to be very dangerous, great ball in from Marv for Moult's goal. Also great pressing by Lasley to nick the ball for the penalty.

Agree and I suppose it's easy for me to say this in hindsight with us having won but I think it says something about the confidence that McGhee seems to have instilled in the players at the moment that they're willing to take that sort of thing on. Moult tried to chip Bain from about 20 odd yards the other week against Dundee as well.

I'm always reminded of the Bergkamp quote about chipping the 'keeper: "When I played in Holland, I always tried to lob the goalkeeper. People used to say, "Oh you're always only trying to make a nice goal.' But I said, "Listen, if the goalie is a little bit off his line, how much space do you have on his left or right? It's not a lot. And how much space do you have above him? There is more. It's a question of mathematics."

In fairness though, neither of them are Bergkamp and Ainsworth should probably just have rattled it and made sure we went 1 up.

I disagree....if you're an attack minded player you're taking that option every time regardless of the circumstances. I'd be more annoyed that his execution of something relatively simple under no pressure, was poor.

Agree and I suppose it's easy for me to say this in hindsight with us having won but I think it says something about the confidence that McGhee seems to have instilled in the players at the moment that they're willing to take that sort of thing on. Moult tried to chip Bain from about 20 odd yards the other week against Dundee as well.

I'm always reminded of the Bergkamp quote about chipping the 'keeper: "When I played in Holland, I always tried to lob the goalkeeper. People used to say, "Oh you're always only trying to make a nice goal.' But I said, "Listen, if the goalie is a little bit off his line, how much space do you have on his left or right? It's not a lot. And how much space do you have above him? There is more. It's a question of mathematics."

In fairness though, neither of them are Bergkamp and Ainsworth should probably just have rattled it and made sure we went 1 up.

Although had he hammered it and the goalie saved it we would have said he should have chipped it. I think he made the right choice, as someone says, just not so good execution.

Although had he hammered it and the goalie saved it we would have said he should have chipped it. I think he made the right choice, as someone says, just not so good execution.

Aye. I mean the chip was very much on and fair enough to him for going for it. As I said, I think it says a lot about a shift in confidence among the players that they're taking efforts like that on, see also Moult's attempt vs Dundee.

Had Ainsworth been a yard or so further out it'd have dropped in and as you point out he could quite easily have just rattled it and hit the keeper or put it past the post.

Gordon was so far off his line it was a decent decision to try and lob him although the execution wasn't accurate enough.

That said, check the space between Gordon and his left hand post!!! Ainsworth may well have been better passing it into the massive gap?

In the end it doesn't matter. What a result!