Dundee Utd V Motherwell Tue 16 Feb 19:45

Yabba's Turd

Let us hope the game is on as the forecast is heavy rain all night and tomorrow, I would hate it to be postponed, the way we are playing!

If there is a problem it will be in the south eastern corner of the pitch which is the lowest point. The pitch has one of the biggest slopes in Scots football.

Our pitch has suffered more than most over the past few seasons with the weather but even we have managed to keep our games on this year despite some absolute downpours of biblical proportions. Hope this game doesnt fall. Im not travelling but Id hate it to be called off just when we are starting to build a head of steam. Momentum is hugely important in this league.

Sore one. I don't doubt the rain has been heavy up there but less and less effort seems to be made across the country to get games on. The first weekend in December the perfect example with early call-offs at Tynecastle and Psrkhead.

Reckon we'd have taken a good crowd up today but will now probably take up a couple of hundred miles midweek.

At least there is plenty of other good sport on today.

Poor show from Utd. I bet they did hee haw to ensure the game was on.

Watering the pitch? :spiteful: Thats one or two games that have been postponed at Tannadice in recent times is it not? The state of their pitch in the last season or two has been pretty poor and yet they have escaped criticism. Quite a contrast to when Fir Park was poor - every man and his dog had a go at us. No doubt United fans will be blasting their club or will they?

You just know that by the time this fixture is replayed Utd will have signed more players and have less injuries, and that's what's bothering me right now rather than my days plans being scuppered.

Also a competent keeper with a work permit.

On the plus side, we now go into two difficult but winnable games at Fir Park with fresh legs that could propel us up the table, weather permitting.

Watering the pitch? :spiteful: Thats one or two games that have been postponed at Tannadice in recent times is it not? The state of their pitch in the last season or two has been pretty poor and yet they have escaped criticism. Quite a contrast to when Fir Park was poor - every man and his dog had a go at us. No doubt United fans will be blasting their club or will they?

It will be a lot more than one or two, they've probably had more games called off than anyone else in the last few years.

It will be a lot more than one or two, they've probably had more games called off than anyone else in the last few years.

I don't doubt you're right. Why though is there no call from the media or the SPFL for an investigation or witch hunt? When we were in the same boat (sorry) there were all manner of complaints and investigations threatened.

It depends if there's other games being called off or if they stand out for being the only one.

I caught a bit of the news yesterday and it was talking about potential flooding in Cumbria but saying that the worst of the rain and most of the flood warnings was for Tayside. I appreciate that the postponement may suit United on the playing side but this will hit the club hard financially today. I'm sure they would have been trying to get this on but would have been up against it with the amount of rain.

I don't doubt you're right. Why though is there no call from the media or the SPFL for an investigation or witch hunt? When we were in the same boat (sorry) there were all manner of complaints and investigations threatened.

We weren't in the same boat. Our pitch had no grass, and we couldn't even roll the sand flat. We had far too many postponements and even when we played the pitch was an embarrassment.

The north has been hit with horrendous rainfalls causing extensive flooding. We were postponing games if someone spilt thier Bovril on the grass.

We have made great progress on the pitch and it looks great now, but we have no moral high ground in this argument.

• Like 1

You just know that by the time this fixture is replayed Utd will have signed more players and have less injuries, and that's what's bothering me right now rather than my days plans being scuppered.

Even if they improve, they won't be as good as the Celtic team we just beat.

Plus, the way things go in this league we could easily have dropped points anyway - especially if we were playing on waterlogged pitch in the wind.

5 games off in Scotland. 4 on the east coast.

Dundee United

Raith Rovers

Cowdenbeath

Abroath

I dont think United have any case to answer here.

Just one of those things.

That's true. But as Apu from The Simpsons says it is quite common in these situations to find a scapegoat or some other form of sacraficial lamb.

No surprise, this suits Dundee United.

Don't see how this suits them at all.

Bottom of the league for another week, Kilmarnock playing an out of form Accies and could potentially leave Utd 10 points clear at the bottom if they win today.

And I keep saying it but United would have fancied their chances today with a good home crowd and improved performances over the last couple of weeks.