Dundee Utd V Motherwell Tue 16 Feb 19:45

Yabba's Turd

I agree that we should give Luke watt an opportunity he's a great player but u couldn't take him out for law who I'd say some might or might not agree but he's been one of our better players this season

Josh Law now divides fans' opinions. IMO I think he is one of main culprits for our poor run of form. His defensive positioning, tackling, distribution and crossing contribute to us continually being punished on the right flank and wasted attacking opportunities in attack.

I don't know what issues McGhee has with Watt - is he not quite ready yet? - but he surely can't be behind quality in Law.

On similar subject - what does Laing have to do to overtake Kennedy and McManus?

Josh Law now divides fans' opinions. IMO I think he is one of main culprits for our poor run of form. His defensive positioning, tackling, distribution and crossing contribute to us continually being punished on the right flank and wasted attacking opportunities in attack.

I don't know what issues McGhee has with Watt - is he not quite ready yet? - but he surely can't be behind quality in Law.

On similar subject - what does Laing have to do to overtake Kennedy and McManus?

I would agree with all that.

How Watt hasn't featured at all is a head scratcher.

Sadly McManus and Law, 2 of the biggest culprits in the last 2 seasons, appear untouchable.

Given the very audible frustration (bordering on the venomous at times) at Fir Park in the last couple of weeks, it may be no bad thing we are playing away in midweek without the "pressure" of a crowd who if not exactly ready to turn on them are increasingly lacking in patience before voicing their opinions.

Given the very audible frustration (bordering on the venomous at times) at Fir Park in the last couple of weeks, it may be no bad thing we are playing away in midweek without the "pressure" of a crowd who if not exactly ready to turn on them are increasingly lacking in patience before voicing their opinions.

I agree with that to an extent but the crowd will also respond to what they see on the pitch.

If the team had came out yesterday and looked even semi competent and at a bare minimum fired up, or even remotely interested, the response from the stands could've/would've been different.

Emotions are now at bouling point due to the ever deteriorating performances and ever more alarm at the league position and what that means.

Rightly or wrongly, the negative atmosphere didn't appear after one bad game or misplaced pass.

Folk are worried, and they are rightt to be.

I wouldn't go quite so far as to say that he is one of the main reasons for our poor form, no single player is, but you have a point. He is not a Premiership level player end of. In fairness to him though the likes of Hammell, Lasley and McManus are also playing very poorly. Pearson is going through a bad spell in no small part because of the role he's being asked to play.

As far as Luke Watt is concerned, there must be a reason why he's not being given a chance.

"Given the very audible frustration (bordering on the venomous at times) at Fir Park in the last couple of weeks, it may be no bad thing we are playing away in midweek without the "pressure" of a crowd who if not exactly ready to turn on them are increasingly lacking in patience before voicing their opinions."

Quite. It was alarming to see the normally diehard supporters around me leaving with ten minutes to go. I don't know if he's lost the dressing room but McGhee seems to be alienating long-time supporters with his selection and tactics. If he thinks Ainsworth and Johnson can play at the same time then the fans' dismay is justified.

Going by his interview we seem to be playing for the draw already, which is an alarming idea, given the lack of fight and organisation on display yesterday.

Worrying times: as the joker said, it's déja vu all over again, and I don't think my nerves can face another playoff situation.

I agree with the point that too many changes can be a bad move. I would stick with our most recent 442 formation that worked. Gomis on the bench, Lasley back in midfield and replace Pearson (suspended) with McFadden.

I'm sorry but that midfield would get steamrollered. Neither McFadden nor Lasley have any pace. That said our options are limited. I think we have to go with Johnson, Gomis, Lasley and Cadden - even that formation will struggle.

United were shite at Accies by all accounts, however if we continue to put in performances like yesterday's we will inevitably be beaten by the teams in this league.

Heading up straight after a 12 hour shift on Tuesday, here's hoping Motherwell pull their finger out of their arse and realise the gravity of the situation we're in.

• Like 1

United were shite at Accies by all accounts

So I believe, however we were comfortably beaten by a shite team yesterday.

Heading up straight after a 12 hour shift on Tuesday

Rather you than me, hopefully the team repays you and the other travelling fans with a positive result.

This is just up the road for me and had every intention of heading along, but after going to my first game of 2016 on Saturday, have been put right off and now don't know if I will bother.

Us as fans go to all the effort and cost to go to games to be served up lacklustre pish and all it does is leave you depressed. St. Johnstone on Saturday is a "home" game for me and will likely head to that.

We need a result badly tomorrow, but after the 60 odd minutes I seen on Saturday, would be amazed if we take something.

This is just up the road for me and had every intention of heading along, but after going to my first game of 2016 on Saturday, have been put right off and now don't know if I will bother.

Us as fans go to all the effort and cost to go to games to be served up lacklustre pish and all it does is leave you depressed. St. Johnstone on Saturday is a "home" game for me and will likely head to that.

We need a result badly tomorrow, but after the 60 odd minutes I seen on Saturday, would be amazed if we take something.

Oh! Oh! They'll be somebody along just shortly to make you see the error of your ways, you know, the 'totally misunderstands the whole concept of being a supporter'...

I wouldn't go quite so far as to say that he is one of the main reasons for our poor form, no single player is, but you have a point. He is not a Premiership level player end of. In fairness to him though the likes of Hammell, Lasley and McManus are also playing very poorly. Pearson is going through a bad spell in no small part because of the role he's being asked to play.

As far as Luke Watt is concerned, there must be a reason why he's not being given a chance.

Fast becoming the best fullback we've never had this one... Questionable off field performance, hasn't ousted Josh Law under 3 managers. Actions speak loudest methinks.

The reason Luke Watt hasn't featured has mainly been down to his attitude, but I believe working under Stephen Craigan he is starting to show the right attitude that will allow him to break into the first team. I know Stephen Craigan has made it clear to the young lads about showing the correct attitude if they want to play first team football with us.