Dundee Utd V Motherwell Tue 16 Feb 19:45

Yabba's Turd

Ripley

Watt Kennedy Laing Hammell

Gomis

Cadden Faddy Johnson

Moult Fletcher

Given the team wont be anything like the above, we will lose 2 nil sadly. Then the fun begins...

So what your saying is, if we don't line up with a line up similar to yours (which is basically 1 midfielder and 5 attackers) we'll lose?

Ok then.

Need to get an early goal. McGhee teams of old. Go for the jugular early on.

Dundee Utd fans are like weans who've have their sweets taken off them when things don't go their way. They'll doubtless spend much of today excitedly working out whether they'll win by three or four so get the early goal, sit back and enjoy their hissy fits before we seal the deal with a second.

Maybe.

Will be a difficult one tonight but one we should be looking to take points from.

We are the lowest away scorers in the league with only 9 goals all season but our goals conceded away from home isn't actually too bad - better than Dundee, St J and Accies and only 1 goal worse than County, Inverness and Killie. That obviously takes into account the 6 that Hearts took off us too.

I think that shows that what the manager and some of us have been saying has some merit- that 'we're not too far away' from clicking. If we can improve in front of goal away from home and cut out the silly mistakes (Thistle game) and get a run of the green (Dundee game) then we should be confident of picking up points tonight.

For tonight I would replace Kennedy with Hall at CB.

Johnson, Lasley, Gomis and Cadden in midfield and Moult and McDonald up top.

I'll go 1-2 to the good guys. Moult (pen) and McDonald with the goals.

• Like 1

Will be a difficult one tonight but one we should be looking to take points from.

We are the lowest away scorers in the league with only 9 goals all season but our goals conceded away from home isn't actually too bad - better than Dundee, St J and Accies and only 1 goal worse than County, Inverness and Killie. That obviously takes into account the 6 that Hearts took off us too.

I think that shows that what the manager and some of us have been saying has some merit- that 'we're not too far away' from clicking. If we can improve in front of goal away from home and cut out the silly mistakes (Thistle game) and get a run of the green (Dundee game) then we should be confident of picking up points tonight.

For tonight I would replace Kennedy with Hall at CB.

Johnson, Lasley, Gomis and Cadden in midfield and Moult and McDonald up top.

I'll go 1-2 to the good guys. Moult (pen) and McDonald with the goals.

For what it's worth (and it's not a lot I know) but our away record under McGhee is: XWLWLXL which is actually better than I expected compared with Baraclough/Craigan at the start of the season which was WLLLL.

We've only managed two clean sheets in the league under McGhee so tightening up at the back has to be a priority.

We also need our set pieces to be better at both ends. We are failing to the basics at the moment which is why Killie and Accies have moved ahead of us.

If we get away with a nothing each tonight it's something to build on and at least takes some pressure off the prospect of finishing bottom.

For what it's worth (and it's not a lot I know) but our away record under McGhee is: XWLWLXL which is actually better than I expected compared with Baraclough/Craigan at the start of the season which was WLLLL.

That's actually much better than I expected too...and would a hell of a lot better if the Thistle and Dundee games had finished 2 minutes early!!

There's a reason Dundee Utd have only won 3 games all season - let's add another W to that list!

If you want to look at stats, we have only gained 2 points from a possible 18 this year. United have 5 out of a possible 18 from their last six league games. Lose tonight and we'll have taken 2 out of 21 and they'll have taken 8. You can talk about bad luck and last minute goals but lose tonight and there's a serious momentum shift. Must win game...

And as another point. Lose tonight and lose on Saturday (not impossible) and that's 2 points out of 24. You can talk of players not performing and bad luck all you like, but that's the kind of form that gets managers sacked...

If you want to look at stats, we have only gained 2 points from a possible 18 this year. United have 5 out of a possible 18 from their last six league games. Lose tonight and we'll have taken 2 out of 21 and they'll have taken 8. You can talk about bad luck and last minute goals but lose tonight and there's a serious momentum shift. Must win game...

And as another point. Lose tonight and lose on Saturday (not impossible) and that's 2 points out of 24. You can talk of players not performing and bad luck all you like, but that's the kind of form that gets managers sacked...

Not disagreeing but St Johnstone haven't won a game since December 13th (9 games) and their league record has them only having taken 2 points from 21. Yes, they still have the points on the board but equally they're in as bad form as us at the moment.