Motherwell V St Johnstone Wed 30 Dec 19:45

Yabba's Turd

We have been saying its been looking fine all day (and to be fair it has...here in Uddingston anyway) and its up to the club to ask the referee to come in early. 2pm - 4pm seemed much heavier than forecast.

Given Perth is an hour away I think its fine to leave it as late as 6ish for a call off.

Really want to be going to a game tonight all the same!

Shambles. An official should have been at fir park mid afternoon and just regularly checked the pitch and made a final decision at 5pm. It's now 5.30 and a lot of people will be needing to know about now to see if they can travel. Also given the conditions you need to factor extra time to get to Motherwell.

EDIT

Ha! Just after the game on post!! Still I feel someone should have been there much earlier.

Pathetic that we are sitting having our dinner not knowing if a 7.45pm kick off is going to happen or not.

Why the hell is the referee turning up at 5pm, or supposed to be, apparently he can't even get there on time.

Perth is an hour away. Getting a decision 2 hours before kick off is completely fine in my opinion given the changeable conditions.

Of course there are always going to be people travelling from further afield .But given the pitch was 100% playable at about 2.30ish and then we have a deluge until about 4 bringing it in to doubt I think the club have been proven they did the right thing this time around. If the ref had been there an hour earlier he might have scrapped it!

Shambles. An official should have been at fir park mid afternoon and just regularly checked the pitch and made a final decision at 5pm. It's now 5.30 and a lot of people will be needing to know about now to see if they can travel. Also given the conditions you need to factor extra time to get to Motherwell.

EDIT

Ha! Just after the game on post!! Still I feel someone should have been there much earlier.

I would agree with that but not having a go at the club. Currently sitting at my maws in Carluke as the impression had been given all day that it should be fine. Glad I didn't drive through hurricane Faddy for nothing, although I fear by full time we'll have wished it had been called off!!