Motherwell V St Johnstone Wed 30 Dec 19:45

Yabba's Turd

Not having a go at the club at all. It's the refs that make the decision and they need to be more prepared for these issues in my opinion. A pitch inspection at 5.30pm is too close to the game to make the call. Great that it's on though!

Sorry I should've phrased that better. I didn't mean that you were having a go at the club. I agree that there could/should be a better system in place for declaring pitches playable.

Not having a go at the club at all. It's the refs that make the decision and they need to be more prepared for these issues in my opinion. A pitch inspection at 5.30pm is too close to the game to make the call. Great that it's on though!

interesting , EDIT, I know your not having a go, just figuring if anything changed would have made it better?

having watched the clubs updates all day, it wasnt the officials that decided the timeline it was the weather

the game was only really in question for about a one hour window from around 1615-1715

so if there had been any earlier inspections, what would it have delivered?

1430 game on

1445 game on

1500 game on

1515 game on

1530 game on

1545 game on

1600 game on

1615 game on - heavy rain - will need re-assessed if rain stays on beyond hour forecast

1630 game on - heavy rain - will need re-assessed if rain stays on beyond hour forecast

1645 game on - heavy rain - will need re-assessed if rain stays on beyond hour forecast

1700 game on - rain stopped - assess pitch and weather forecast

1715 game on - rain, drizzle at worst pitch ok, forecast holding

1730 declare match on

EDIT: where it all could go wrong is if the arse end of this weather 'storm' catches us all out

I'm getting at nothing. Not everything needs to have some sort of secondary meaning, all I'm saying is most games were fifty-fifty but under Barraclough it went sour and under McGhee it feels like a fifty-fifty contest before its kicked

Off.

Whit?

punk_in_drublic, on 30 Dec 2015 - 9:38 PM, said:punk_in_drublic, on 30 Dec 2015 - 9:38 PM, said:

I'm getting at nothing. Not everything needs to have some sort of secondary meaning, all I'm saying is most games were fifty-fifty but under Barraclough it went sour and under McGhee it feels like a fifty-fifty contest before its kicked

Off.

Still don't know what you mean ,anyway mon the well .^^^^^^post of the year

Enjoyed that tonight, a hard thought victory against an unfortunate St Johnstone. Thought we played some really good stuff at times without hitting Parkhead levels.

Great to see Marvin in full flow and Ripley proving me wrong, his first save changed the course of the game.

Special mention for Skippy who has been back to his best in recent weeks. We are very fortunate to have a player of his quality.

• Like 1