Motherwell V Hamilton Sat 2 Jan 15:00

Yabba's Turd

That felt like a proper New Year Derby, a rare occurance in my time. Big Motherwell support, good atmosphere, plenty niggle between two committed teams, a poor ref, plenty goals and good entertaining football at times.

Most of the team played really well in spells, good to see Moult back to his usual self and Skippy was motm yet again. Credit to McGhee for the turnaround, the games can't come quick enough at the moment. However I think he will regret showing faith in Theo Robinson today. Subbing a workhorse like Moult for a sand dancer like Robinson unhinged our ability to keep possession high up the park and aided Accies onslaught.

All in all a really good dayout despite the huge disappointment of dropping two points. Hopefully the fans turn up in similar numbers next week.

Gutted after that, deserved the 3 points after such a strong start to the second half. I didn't really see the incident at the penalty but the referee really couldn't wait to give something, most inept performance I've seen in a long time.

We really are on the up though, a couple of months ago we would've lost that game after going behind. Moult and Skippy are banging in the goals, Johnson and Grimshaw are playing well. We'll finish above that shower of shite no problem.

Frustrating day in a game we bossed for aboput 75 of the 90 minutes. Should have been out of sight before they equalised first half never mind the second, shocking defending at that free kick. Their second was a never to be repeated effort and I didn't see clearly what happeened with the handball.

All in all though we look so much better than at beginning of the season and we should still be looking up the way. Anyone know why Ainsworth was missing?

Referee blew absolutely everything today, it was frying my brain. No idea what happened at the end, but it looked pretty soft as there didn't seem to be many, if any Hamilton players appealing.

Fine effort from everyone though, McDonald was the pick of the bunch, completely ran himself into the ground. Special mentions for Josh Law, Johnson and Pearson as well. If we turn in performances like that for the rest of the season, we'll finish top six no bother.

What seems strange, viewed from the other side of the world, is how we complain that we get bullied by other sides, yet the stats on fouls etc seem to suggest it is us that is dishing out the dirty stuff. What gives? Shite referees?

Being bullied doesn't necessarily mean being fouled. It just means a team is more physical and winning the 50/50s.

And yeah, the referees have been shite for the last few games. I still can't get over Crawford Allan watching a player pick up the ball that clearly hadn't crossed the line and giving a throw in!

Being bullied doesn't necessarily mean being fouled. It just means a team is more physical and winning the 50/50s.

And yeah, the referees have been shite for the last few games. I still can't get over Crawford Allan watching a player pick up the ball that clearly hadn't crossed the line and giving a throw in!

Yeah, I get that point about the difference between being bullied and being kicked off the park, but it does seem that when we go into contact we get called up for it more than the opposition. Poor technique in the tackle? Do we lack physicality because of poor conditioning or is it down to the type of players we have on our books? I would rather have a side of footballers than shot putters but if it is costing us points then we need to look at the problem.

Much to enjoy today.

I don't normally froth at the mouth about referees but today's one was hopeless. Accies' diving and time-wasting went unpunished (only a minute extra at the end of the first half?). Then, after booking Crawford, the player committed a professional foul on Lasley as we were about to break upfield and he simply gave a foul. Crawford should have been off. I could go on but won't. He'll soon be in the Gollum-Craig Thomson Club and be given a top rating by The Powers, no doubt.

I thought Moult and Skippy were great and Johnson was back to his bull in a china shop best, although for me Pearson missed too many tackles today, although he gave plenty of effort.

Onwards to Tyney. Much more optimistic.

When was the last time we had over 5000 Motherwell fans for a league game at Fir Park?

Made for a great atmosphere and a really entertaining 90 mins which even an incompetent referee couldn't ruin. Although he was fucking hopeless, lost the plot and looked a mile out his depth.

Anyway we're miles ahead of where we were under Baraclough and I'm sure we'll be absolutely fine this season.

Shite referee? No atrocious would be a better description. Is there any half decent refs in Scotland. doesn't need to be good just half decent. This latest one was determined to make sure accies left withat least a point. Example Hall definitely committed the foul for the goal but the accies rb swung a boot at Marvin earlier as raced past him Had he connected damage would have been the result but no action taken.

The referee was shockingly bad. He gave Hamilton everything today. Was i right in thinking he let an accies player off with a cynical foul when he was already on a yellow? Also he bottled it to deal with imrie when he refused to go towards the ref when he was getting booked.

I knew the minute the 5 minutes added time went up on the board we would blow it.

An enjoyable game all the same with a very decent atmosphere.

Louis moult is a superb player and hopefully we can keep hold of grimshaw.

• Like 1

Every week we have complaints about the referee and I can understand peoples frustration ,refereeing in Scotland's top league is piss poor ,but its got tae be crap for both teams surely .I can't believe there is some sort of agenda against us.

Happy with a point today ,that's the type of game we were losing under Bara ,into the new year a lot more confidant.

Every week we have complaints about the referee and I can understand peoples frustration ,refereeing in Scotland's top league is piss poor ,but its got tae be crap for both teams surely .I can't believe there is some sort of agenda against us.

Don't think there's a ref competent enough to be deliberately bias ;-)

• Like 3

2 points dropped mainly due to an absolute arse of a referee he took the usual standard of Scottish refereeing to new levels of shiteness. Never a foul for Accies 1st goal, Crawford already booked cynically brings down Las and stays on the park, Imrie dont get me started on that obnoxious wee prick. Felt like a defeat at the end but its another game unbeaten, onwards and upwards.