Scottish Cup - Fifth Round Motherwell V Inverness Caley Thistle Sat 6 Feb 15:00

prideoflanarkshire

Listening to the radio, it sounded like the crowd were turning on McGhee today. the decision to bring him back to the club continues to baffle me as his entrenched flaws get highlighted week after week. The fans will probably get blamed post-match for wanting Moult on.

Good luck to Inverness in the next round.

I know exactly how this thread is going to go now.

1) We were still in the cup when Louis Moult came on the field

2) We didn't improve any when he came on

3) The 90th minute goal was due to Moult not putting a challenge in on the guy that scored and then turning his back on him and jogged up the park while his man blasted in the top corner.

The fans got what they wanted today and it blew up in their face, but, hey, let's blame McGhee anyway.

Our fans were an absolute disgrace today, screaming, yelling, booing a manager when his team is sitting at 1-1 with half an hour to go.

We are going through a period right now where we are having no luck whatsoever, and how do the fans react - like they did today.

This rabid dog stuff is an absolute embarrassment.

• Like 7

Tactical pish.Mastermind McGhee sets us out to totally nullify the game, produces an utter shitfest-IN A CUP TIE!

What the feck was the point in that???

His post- match will be another bout of verbal diarrhoea.

I can understand keeping it tight in the initial phase, but to have Skippy isolated and receiving appalling service and not change it for 80minutes???

Bad management or plain bloody mindedness?

Could well actually be both sadly

• Like 1

I know exactly how this thread is going to go now.

1) We were still in the cup when Louis Moult came on the field

2) We didn't improve any when he came on

3) The 90th minute goal was due to Moult not putting a challenge in on the guy that scored and then turning his back on him and jogged up the park while his man blasted in the top corner.

The fans got what they wanted today and it blew up in their face, but, hey, let's blame McGhee anyway.

Our fans were an absolute disgrace today, screaming, yelling, booing a manager when his team is sitting at 1-1 with half an hour to go.

We are going through a period right now where we are having no luck whatsoever, and how do the fans react - like they did today.

This rabid dog stuff is an absolute embarrassment.

As I've said I had to resort to the radio today and I was slightly taken aback by the noises coming from the ground. However I suspect that his approach to the game compounded the bitter taste stemming from the treatment of Lionel on Tuesday.

Out of interest, where does your belief in McGhee come from? Barring an exceptional 6 months at Motherwell where he had exceptional players at his disposal, he has been an absolute failure for over a decade. There is no doubt he is a talented coach but time after time his arrogance and stubbornness undermine his ability. A very poor mans Gordon Strachan in my opinion.

When he returned he said our position last season was 'embarrassing'. That may well come back to haunt him.