The Stewarding/policing Thread

Razz1074

If my understanding of the situation is right then there was little or no other option but to send him to the jail. He broke 2 previously imposed orders of the Court so why would or should he be entitled to a third bite of the cherry and have probation/unpaid work/fine imposed. Why would the Court have any degree of confidence that he would comply with these orders when he blatantly broke the previously imposed ones?

Yes, the sentence for the ‘smoke bomb incident’ in itself would seem on the hefty side but factoring in the contempt he has shown by breaching his bail etc then it’s of no surprise.

Think it's in reference to the use of the word "h**s".

I see h**s and tims as acceptable words for football supporters of their teams. The meanings & conitations of words changes all the time. These have evolved to mean supporter of their particular football team in my view. I refuse to recognise religion in football.

See if all they did was sing songs about Motherwell and leave the sectarian shite out I.e snow is falling u know the rest

Think about it the pitch invasion against rangers

The protest with I repeat WITH Celtic fans at our own park

giphy.gif

There snow is falling f the celtic and the u know there's no need for it tbh

You're awfy sensitive if that upsets you.

As Busta said. h*n is a Rangers supporter, nothing more.

The h**s have tried to make out it is sectarian in their never ending tit for tat with Celtic as a means of whataboutery and muddying waters.

Okay wasn't aware it was a accepted thing I'm sorry for even mentioning the sectarian bit but I still don't agree with the Bois on constant heavy handed polis and stewards an all that shite

Definitely not a face of concern among 'em at what you & other throbbers in our support think.

Definitely not a face of concern among 'em at what you & other throbbers in our support think.

In that case then there is no point in any of them coming on here always complaining about stewarding, or policing or lack of support for the solidarity demos with the green brigade etc. Just do what you want I am sure after a few more arrests etc the novelty will wear off

• Like 1

Agree length of custodial sentence is excessive,even with the breach of the banning order,especially if as suggested he has no previous convictions

As previously stated in the post: the Bois bring a most welcome extra atmosphere/colour etc etc to both our home and away matches, but continually setting of flares/smoke bombs is going to earn them more attention from the police and they will be policed accordingly when they travel about the country.........extra attention,heavy handed policing

The incident at Firhill will have added to this: don't know what he had done or supposed to have done: where if the young guy had just stepped out got ejected or lifted the matter would have been finished, was he just expecting the police to go away.........and surprise surprise four police turns into fifteen and the rest is history.........naughty Motherwell fans again

It's laughable that anyone thinks the police have decided to pick on Motherwell fans.

No-one who seen the mounted police, cycle police, riot van and plain clothes police who swooped on the Celtic fan outside Fir Park last time we played would be in any doubt it's a larger problem.

Why you would want to paint a big target on your back by making some smoke though??

In that case then there is no point in any of them coming on here always complaining about stewarding, or policing or lack of support for the solidarity demos with the green brigade etc. Just do what you want I am sure after a few more arrests etc the novelty will wear off

:doh: Your last comment is laughable in the extreme.

I definitely don't see them 'coming on here always complaining about stewarding' - some by explanation, defending actions to those who choose to mock/lack understanding/feign outrage*. Truth is many have long since gave up the ghost on here as it's permeated by sycophants & porridge dribblers where I don't doubt you are high up on that list.

As for the solidarity demos, another issue done to death on here. Whilst I and many reckoned it was a faux-pas on their part, they most likely believed in something for their greater good.

*delete as applicable

It's laughable that anyone thinks the police have decided to pick on Motherwell fans.

No-one who seen the mounted police, cycle police, riot van and plain clothes police who swooped on the Celtic fan outside Fir Park last time we played would be in any doubt it's a larger problem.

Why you would want to paint a big target on your back by making some smoke though??

Whilst I agree with your opening gambit big fella, that was a young Motherwell fan was it not? Certainly alluded to that in a copy of the Motherwell Times...

Whilst I agree with your opening gambit big fella, that was a young Motherwell fan was it not? Certainly alluded to that in a copy of the Motherwell Times...

I was under the impression it was the Celtic fan who went on the park at half time for a selfie.

:doh: Your last comment is laughable in the extreme.

I definitely don't see them 'coming on here always complaining about stewarding' - some by explanation, defending actions to those who choose to mock/lack understanding/feign outrage*. Truth is many have long since gave up the ghost on here as it's permeated by sycophants & porridge dribblers where I don't doubt you are high up on that list.

As for the solidarity demos, another issue done to death on here. Whilst I and many reckoned it was a faux-pas on their part, they most likely believed in something for their greater good.

*delete as applicable

Not a sycophant and I never dribble my porridge I like it too much just a footie fan who has been watching the well for a long time the highs and lows. A all that time I have never had any problems with police, stewards, felt the need to bring a flare or smoke bomb/pellet to set off at a game, turn a football match into a political demo,etc,etc.

Not a sycophant and I never dribble my porridge I like it too much just a footie fan who has been watching the well for a long time the highs and lows. A all that time I have never had any problems with police, stewards, felt the need to bring a flare or smoke bomb/pellet to set off at a game, turn a football match into a political demo,etc,etc.

Well, bully for you uber 'Well fan. Neither have I felt the need to bring a flare or smoke bomb/pellet to set off at a game or turn a football match into a political demo,etc,etc. Unfortunately there has been problems with police & stewards, that's just the way it goes.

90% of the times I've seen police and stewards wade in heavy have been games where smoke has been let off. I'm not saying it's the only reason but it plays a huge part. If the Bois have such an issue with the police going in heavy then surly it would make sense to do as little as possible to provoke them, i.e don't set off smoke bombs. Either set off the smoke and face the fallout from the police, or don't, behave yourself, and the police will leave you alone. You can't have it both ways.

90% of the times I've seen police and stewards wade in heavy have been games where smoke has been let off. I'm not saying it's the only reason but it plays a huge part. If the Bois have such an issue with the police going in heavy then surly it would make sense to do as little as possible to provoke them, i.e don't set off smoke bombs. Either set off the smoke and face the fallout from the police, or don't, behave yourself, and the police will leave you alone. You can't have it both ways.

out-of-touch.jpg

Why the f*ck would they not come on here to discuss what they want?,

the gent implied that they don't care about what 'you and other throbbers' think,

plenty other forum members happy to accept their views as part of the commentary on all things Motherwell FC, just because you and a few others like to lambaste doesnt mean they are not welcome to raise any point as they see it.

• Like 1

Not getting in to the debate as its been done so many times. Bur clearly incidents happen for different reasons.

Out of interest, are our fans better behaved at home than at away grounds? Or is it the same? What do people think? If the same do we have a better understanding with stewards etc at home so get pulled up for things we wouldn't at fir park? If we are worse behaved then what is the driver for that?

Genuine questions.

Not getting in to the debate as its been done so many times. Bur clearly incidents happen for different reasons.

Out of interest, are our fans better behaved at home than at away grounds? Or is it the same? What do people think? If the same do we have a better understanding with stewards etc at home so get pulled up for things we wouldn't at fir park? If we are worse behaved then what is the driver for that?

Genuine questions.

Buckfast and 20/20 is the driver.