The Stewarding/policing Thread

Razz1074

Not getting in to the debate as its been done so many times. Bur clearly incidents happen for different reasons.

Out of interest, are our fans better behaved at home than at away grounds? Or is it the same? What do people think? If the same do we have a better understanding with stewards etc at home so get pulled up for things we wouldn't at fir park? If we are worse behaved then what is the driver for that?

Genuine questions.

They seem to be granted a bit more room to manoeuvre at home as they have agreements in place with the club.

This attempt at analysis of the policing and stewarding of the Bois makes for really really painful reading. Please just stop.

I am not even talking about the bois personally as I can't really tell who makes up that group and who does not.

Just a general wondering about why do our fans (probably say the same about other clubs fans?) seem to get in more bother away from home

Dont really see how the last 4 pages or so actually have anything to do with the origional topic of this thread!

Getting back to that I saw at the ITC game notices from the club were posted on the barriers explaing the situation.

Just noticed that a woman who smashed a plastic tumbler into a man's face (he required 4 stitches just above his eye) was given a £250 fine and ordered to pay £250 compensation. Just like referee's decisions our sentencing policy is totally inconsistent. A custodial sentence in this case would have been fully justified.

Videos like that should embarrass the 'no pyro no party' gang in this country.

what exactly about the fireworks n flares gives you a hardon? Personally that pyro does fuck all for the atmosphere there, The 40odd thousand fans bouncing,singing and waving their flags is what makes the atmosphere! The noise makes the atmosphere. A flare adds what exactly?

amd in not against pyro, just dont quite get what makes flares so special

• Like 1

amd in not against pyro, just dont quite get what makes flares so special

I am,which was the whole point of my post.

Everyone who speaks out against smoke bombs or flares is immediately shouted down with the 'no pyro no party' pish.

Hard on by the way,are you serious?

Back on topic- I was told to stand behind the yellow line three times by a steward before being told to go and take my seat in the second half. Unfortunately for the 4th guy, he picked his moment to pounce just as Killie opened the scoring so was met with a volley of abuse.

I often hear of folk talking about handing in their season ticket or not renewing it but Saturday is the first time it's ever entered my head as a possibility. Don't get me wrong- I almost certainly still will, but for all the chat you hear about "Matchday Experience", ours is consistently woeful.

Back on topic- I was told to stand behind the yellow line three times by a steward before being told to go and take my seat in the second half. Unfortunately for the 4th guy, he picked his moment to pounce just as Killie opened the scoring so was met with a volley of abuse.

I often hear of folk talking about handing in their season ticket or not renewing it but Saturday is the first time it's ever entered my head as a possibility. Don't get me wrong- I almost certainly still will, but for all the chat you hear about "Matchday Experience", ours is consistently woeful.

So you've aimed a volley of abuse at the guy, for simply doing his job?

I'm sure his "Employment Experience" was equally as woeful that day.

• Like 2

I often hear of folk talking about handing in their season ticket or not renewing it but Saturday is the first time it's ever entered my head as a possibility. Don't get me wrong- I almost certainly still will, but for all the chat you hear about "Matchday Experience", ours is consistently

I am quite happy with my matchday experience in the POD stand. Decent seat, no hassle, no queue when I go to the pie stand, decent pie most of the time. All I need is some decent football to watch. I dont really expect anymore from a football match. I dont particularly want to be able to booze during the game, but would be nice to have the option. Dont want to stand all game either, nor have to because people are standing in front of me.

Having dedicated and official sections around the ground must be the best way forward to cater for the different needs.

• Like 1

What's really woeful is having to be told 4 times not to do something.
  • Like 5

Why? Did he applaud their goal...

• Like 1

7:34am when this was posted. You must have still been on the sauce from the night before when you typed this if you were looking for sympathy.

• Like 1

I wasn't looking for sympathy at all, but it's impossible to stand exactly still for an hour, especially when you're trying to watch something from a position where your view is impeded, so of course people are going to end up back in front of the line over and over again. Stupid rule in the first place, but for it to then be changed to a different stupid rule mid-match is ridiculous. To then choose the middle of a dangerous opposition attack that ultimately led to a goal to impose said rule is beyond the pale. Is there no part of the clubs thinking that extends to actually wanting people to come to matches?

I wasn't looking for sympathy at all, but it's impossible to stand exactly still for an hour,

That's why we have all seated stadiums so you can sit down and don't need to stand up, then there would be no issues with yellow lines etc and you would not have missed Kilmarnocks winning goal.

• Like 1

That's why we have all seated stadiums so you can sit down and don't need to stand up, then there would be no issues with yellow lines etc and you would not have missed Kilmarnocks winning goal.

I know I don't need to stand up, but I want to. I don't understand why anyone would have an issue with this.

I know I don't need to stand up, but I want to. I don't understand why anyone would have an issue with this.

Because whether you agree or not the rules currently state your not allowed to. So when the club offers a little leaway there are still those who think they should be able to do more. Or doyou was t the club to go back to strict stewarding of no standing?