Motherwell V Ross County Sat 23 Jan 15:00

Yabba's Turd

Why did Moult get penalised for the keeper kicking the ball off him? Dont recall Moult raising a leg etc. If not allowed to do what he did, then why stand there?

Fond memories of Stevie Kirk doing similar, recovering ball and scoring...cant mind who against though; help?

No major blunders from Collum yesterday but he had a generally poor game. Why was the Ross County player not asked to leave the pitch when he went down with what seemed to most folk like a head injury? Some bizarre decisions had us scratching our heads. Still he wasn't at fault for us losing yesterday - that was all our own doing.

Does McGhee actually have any contacts for brining in players? Talks a good game without producing; at least Gannon and Baraclough took a punt.

Talks a good game without producing? We're three weeks into the first transfer window he since he returned!!

Kennedy is not a right back, he got caught out of position a good few times yesterday. However, I do like him and he definitely doesn't lack effort when playing, I still think he's a decent centre half. We missed Josh Law yesterday, there was zero width or forward play down the right, and he's one of the only players in our team who can whip in a decent cross/take a good corner - Marvin wasted a good few corners yesterday and had a generally frustrating game. Cadden had a decent outing, at least he didn't look out of his depth, I'd be happy to keep him in the team for now.

On another note, some bloke in front of me went completely mental and left when Chalmers was getting stripped, "Fuckin Joe Chalmers, am I fuck staying to watch this celtic cunt try and play fitba". Fries my brain.

If anyone ever wonders why we are a team that is capable of going on a 5 or 6 game winless streak you just have to look at the game yesterday.

At home, against a team we are pretty evenly matched against, yet we conspire to gift them the opening goal then fail to put them under any real pressure until the last 5 minutes at which point it's far too late. Their defence is every bit as suspect as ours at the minute but we failed miserably to exploit it.

I agree with the folk that say we are a few players short of becoming a decent team, but at the same time if we lose just a few of our most experienced players then we quickly revert to the cannon fodder we saw last season.

This transfer window is massive and I hope McGhee can pull something out of the bag, as it will make or break our season.

Kennedy is not a right back, he got caught out of position a good few times yesterday. However, I do like him and he definitely doesn't lack effort when playing, I still think he's a decent centre half. We missed Josh Law yesterday, there was zero width or forward play down the right, and he's one of the only players in our team who can whip in a decent cross/take a good corner - Marvin wasted a good few corners yesterday and had a generally frustrating game. Cadden had a decent outing, at least he didn't look out of his depth, I'd be happy to keep him in the team for now.

On another note, some bloke in front of me went completely mental and left when Chalmers was getting stripped, "Fuckin Joe Chalmers, am I fuck staying to watch this celtic cunt try and play fitba". Fries my brain.

Totally agree about Kennedy. Not a right back but has the potential to be a very good player. Never hides or shirks out of a challenge.

Reflection on yesterday that it was one of those days that nothing quite went right and common minor errors led to us losing two goals. It could have gone the other way and in other games we've got the result that we didn't "deserve". I wrote Hearts off as a fluke combined with baffling team and formation choices, and I'd write yesterday off as unlucky but not catastrophic. Other results went as well as we could have hoped in circumstances so we haven't lost much ground and Caddens performance shows that he has distinct promise.

t you'll

No, stayed to the end as usual. Think if you reread my post you'll see I said their keeper had only one save to make BEFORE Pearson scored. I might be wrong but I thought the saves you mention were after our goal. Suppose my point is that I expect our players to show some fight and passion throughout the whole match and not just the last five minutes. On that score, County were miles ahead.

Just remembered the Cadden shot Fox shuffled round the post first half. That makes two fairly comfortable saves in 85 minutes.

Stella goggles

Absolutely. Both Johnson and Ainsworth are speed merchants suited to an open game. If the opposition score and elect to sit back and soak up our attacks they become less effective. What is then required is guile and trickery which neither possess. After a shaky start, County were able to double up on Johnson as we seemed unable to serve him with the early ball that he needs. Not the first time this has happened.

Except Faddy was the Plan B yesterday - not speed, but guile to try and unlock the defence.

Foster should have lost sleep about coming to face Motherwell with Ainsworth and Johnson.

reckon we went down to their left corner once maybe twice in the first 80ish minutes.

part of that was an inexperienced right flank for us, and to be fair to both of them they did push towards the end of the game, but rekon the boss missed a trick not having Johnson, or preferably Ainsworth hounding Foster, or even instructing Moult and McDonald to pressure him.

not sure I'd be blaming Cadden for losing man at corner, if anything he was only Well player that didnt get suckered towards front post by set play

Shoddy set piece defending from us I'm afraid. County are another side with a repertoire of set pieces, why don't we do our homework?

Or even spend some time doing our own set pieces?

Or dare I resurrect the perennial question around us taking an eternity to take shit throw-ins all the time. It would be anoraky but interesting to see how may minutes we waste every game, standing around before aimlessly shelling the ball to any one of our statue like options.

Bit of a rant I know , but it does my tits in.

Please spend some time on these things, ffs what harm can it do???

If you listen to McGhee's post-match, we did do our set-piece homework. The guys just seem incapable of doing it on the park. Sadly, it's been an issue for 3 or 4 seasons now.

The throw-ins seem to be a Fir Park thing. It has been that way for the last 30+ years!

If you listen to McGhee's post-match, we did do our set-piece homework. The guys just seem incapable of doing it on the park. Sadly, it's been an issue for 3 or 4 seasons now.

The throw-ins seem to be a Fir Park thing. It has been that way for the last 30+ years!

Time for some detention after lessons then.

As for throw-ins , I can personally vouch for watching us doing the same thing since 1970.

not sure I'd be blaming Cadden for losing man at corner, if anything he was only Well player that didnt get suckered towards front post by set play

I just got round to watching the highlights tonight and no way is Cadden to blame for the first goal. We packed the 6 yard box and our right side but the left side was totally exposed and unoccupied. In short we defended far too deeply and young Cadden was left to cover 2 men yards apart. Not right that he was left to carry the can.

• Like 2

I just got round to watching the highlights tonight and no way is Cadden to blame for the first goal. We packed the 6 yard box and our right side but the left side was totally exposed and unoccupied. In short we defended far too deeply and young Cadden was left to cover 2 men yards apart. Not right that he was left to carry the can.

He was left with no chance of covering the late arrivals.

Maybe slightly unkind but for their second Big Mick made a particularly feeble attempt to stick out a leg and deflect the cross ball away. Arthritis maybe affecting him in the wet weather?

• 3 weeks later...

To be fair to him on that one, as much as I loved Corrigan, his drop off in form from where he was, to how he was at Killie and beyond was startlingly sharp.

That said, I'd hope we haven't seen the last of either of them. Both had positives in their games, if a bit rough around the edges.

Went along to the Singaporean League opener tonight, where Brian McLean was playing for Brunei and was pretty brutal in a brutal standard of football. Hard to believe he was the same guy that played for us. Not much more than pub league standard.

Went along to the Singaporean League opener tonight, where Brian McLean was playing for Brunei and was pretty brutal in a brutal standard of football. Hard to believe he was the same guy that played for us. Not much more than pub league standard.

I feel the same way having been at Fir Park today!